Fund Raising in Support of Kotkaklubi

Brown Bear Webcam in Alutaguse Forest
Jo UK
Site Admin

Fund Raising in Support of Kotkaklubi

Post by Jo UK » April 28th, 2018, 10:54 pm

A new fund-raising project has begun, using the same Leetchi web-site.

https://www.leetchi.com/c/support-these-wonderful-birds

Anne7, Orinpix (Kaori) and I chose Leetchi again because of previous experience with it. I was impressed with their insistence on correct identification of the beneficiary. As it involved E-stonia and its digital world versus the less digital Western Europe, it all took a long time and considerable delay was involved before funds could be released to Kotkaklubi.
See https://www.leetchi.com/c/nonprofit-eag ... kotkaklubi

The present Money-Pot lists the Organiser and the Beneficiary as the same individual - Josephine Coleman.
That's me. So it feels a little uncomfortable for me, which is why I have two well-respected and independent witnesses who can assure everyone that all correct procedures are being followed.

The previous fund raising was for a specific purpose - to buy transmitters for black stork juveniles. That target was realised to our great joy.

This time, we are asking for more generalised support for Estonia's Eagle club, that they may make the best use of donated funds according to their own determination. We don't always know what expenses they have to bear but we want to help them to fund necessary expenses. (Who doesn't understand mobile phone charges?!)

Once again, if any members use social media, I hope you will feel inclined to publicise our fund-raising effort, there.

I know that there are fewer Facebook members now, but perhaps just a few remain?

Thank you for your support

UteL.

Post by UteL. » April 30th, 2018, 10:55 am

Thanks again for that!

Jo, how can I translate the book? It is a protected PDF with funny pictures ...

Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK » April 30th, 2018, 11:31 am

Ute, I must ask editor Anne7 to deal with this problem.
Perhaps she can send you a different copy.

Anne7

Post by Anne7 » April 30th, 2018, 12:03 pm

UteL. wrote:
April 30th, 2018, 10:55 am
Thanks again for that!

Jo, how can I translate the book? It is a protected PDF with funny pictures ...
Ute, I will contact you.
No problem.
:wave:
“Clearly, animals know more than we think, and think a great deal more than we know.”
— Irene Pepperberg

UteL.

Post by UteL. » April 30th, 2018, 12:48 pm

Well .... I've read a few pages, wonderful :D

Thanks to you three, it is informative and nice to read. very lovely

edit 13:20
Oh, I'm just reading!

My name is Urmas. I live near Tartu, Estonia, where
I graduated from the university in the field of biology to become an ornithologist. Ornithology is a branch of zoology that concerns the study of birds. By studying the ecology of birds in the wild and identifying the key threats and ways of enhancing the survival of species, I contribute to conservation biology. Among other species, I do research on eagles and black storks. I work towards the protection and conservation of their habitat.

So thanks to four! :wave:

Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK » April 30th, 2018, 1:04 pm

Wow - thank you, UteL. It is very encouraging to have positive reviews. We have not written a book before but, as a first attempt, this was fun (and hard work)

Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK » April 30th, 2018, 2:48 pm

Ute says "So thanks to four"
I am not convinced that Urmas knows that he has written a big part of the book, yet. And does he know that he has special telepathic abilities? The book was sent to him a few times, but we all know how busy he is.
I did have his permission to use his name in the book, though, so it is legal!

Anne7

Post by Anne7 » April 30th, 2018, 3:23 pm

Jo UK wrote:
April 30th, 2018, 2:48 pm
Ute says "So thanks to four"
I am not convinced that Urmas knows that he has written a big part of the book, yet. And does he know that he has special telepathic abilities? The book was sent to him a few times, but we all know how busy he is.
I did have his permission to use his name in the book, though, so it is legal!
Telepathic abilities? :nod: :mrgreen:
If you want to discover what this is all about, make a little contribution on Leetchi, and receive a free copy of this book! It could be a win-win opportunity, I believe. :D
“Clearly, animals know more than we think, and think a great deal more than we know.”
— Irene Pepperberg

Anne7

Post by Anne7 » April 30th, 2018, 10:07 pm

Many thanks to all who already contributed! :2thumbsup:
On the second day, we collected 435 € !

This fundraising is a perfect opportunity for all of us to express our gratitude to Kotkaklubi and to give them a little help!

https://www.leetchi.com/c/support-these-wonderful-birds

In order to support Kotkaklubi, we had the idea to write – and illustrate – a popular, yet factual book about the life of black stork Karl. We have put a lot of love, time and energy into this book. A test-reader said: “It is a well-written story full of adventure, interesting facts and lovely illustrations.”
We really hope you will enjoy it too!

Anyone who donates 10 € or more will be rewarded with a free copy of this digital book.
It contains 129 double pages (spreads) and many really cute illustrations from Orinpix (Kaori). 

Here is a little preview:

— Irene Pepperberg

Rita

Post by Rita » May 1st, 2018, 9:35 am

Many thanks to you as well, Anne, for the marvellous work and the choice of Kaori as genius with the pencil. I realised too late that 'Anne Van den Berghe' is you. :blush:

Anne7

Post by Anne7 » May 1st, 2018, 12:58 pm

Rita wrote:
May 1st, 2018, 9:35 am
Many thanks to you as well, Anne, for the marvellous work and the choice of Kaori as genius with the pencil. I realised too late that 'Anne Van den Berghe' is you. :blush:
Many thanks, Rita, for your lovely review! I'm really glad that you like our book! :2thumbsup:
And do not worry, you could not know it's me, it is OK, really, no need to blush. It was a co-production. 8-)
— Irene Pepperberg

Konrad

Post by Konrad » May 2nd, 2018, 1:29 am

Why are they asking the first name and the surname of the donator? I chose to cancel at that point.

To which purposes is that information used?

Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK » May 2nd, 2018, 3:58 am

Konrad, I will ask Leetchi about this and will tell you of their reply.

Rita

Post by Rita » May 2nd, 2018, 7:20 am

Konrad, this puzzled me as well. But you can change your name to a nickname of your liking. So just proceed. It is safe.

UteL.

Post by UteL. » May 2nd, 2018, 7:44 am

I suppose that's necessary for reconciling with the banks.

Rita

Post by Rita » May 2nd, 2018, 8:28 am

UteL.: I do not believe so. When the name appears the payment data have already been accepted. And if your name was necessary for 'the bank' one would not be in a position to change it on the next pane.

UteL.

Post by UteL. » May 2nd, 2018, 8:43 am

Let's wait and see what Jo finds out.

Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK » May 2nd, 2018, 9:40 am

I sent -e-mail to the help section at Leetchi. They don't always reply the same day!

I have thought that it may be necessary to know the name of the donor, if, for instance, funds have to be returned. Suppose Leetchi were unable for whatever reason, to transfer funds at the end of the money-pot, then they would be obliged to return contributions.

UteL.

Post by UteL. » May 2nd, 2018, 11:31 am

sova

Post by sova » May 2nd, 2018, 4:42 pm

Love Jo, Anne and Orinpix
You've had a wonderful idea and you've done a great job. I also have to see how I translate everything. :D
All three, thanks a lot!

That we have the opportunity to pursue the wonderful creatures on so many cameras is worth every donation.
And the little book looks great!

Thanks to all. :2thumbsup:

Return to “Alutaguse Bear Webcam”