Fund Raising in Support of Kotkaklubi

Brown Bear Webcam in Alutaguse Forest
Jo UK
Site Admin

Re: Fund Raising in Support of Kotkaklubi

Post by Jo UK » June 29th, 2018, 8:00 pm

Aquiline, your kind words are so encouraging. This rather surprised and almost reluctant author feels very satisfied that you enjoyed it!
Kaori, Anne and I had a busy winter with the book. The fact that it appeared at all is entirely due to Madam Editor, Anne. :bow:

Anna_

Post by Anna_ » July 5th, 2018, 10:35 am

Dear Jo, Anne and Kaori - thank you so much for this lovely book about Karl! :loveshower: Truely heartwarming and informative - great job! Warmest wishes, Anna

Konrad

Post by Konrad » July 16th, 2018, 9:37 am

Anna_ wrote:
July 5th, 2018, 10:35 am
Dear Jo, Anne and Kaori - thank you so much for this lovely book about Karl! :loveshower: Truely heartwarming and informative - great job! Warmest wishes, Anna
Nice that we both liked the book. :thumbs:

Swenja

Post by Swenja » August 4th, 2018, 11:57 am

Hello, :wave:
I wanted to thank @Anne7 once again for having the Karl book, although I could not transfer it online to support the Eagle Club. I transferred it normally in bank transfer. That worked wonderfully, thanks.
My grandson (10) devoured the book in English. :thumbs: We were on vacation in the Müritz National Park and my grandson read the book and translated for me. That's really nice! He sometimes also looks at the web cam Estonia-Karl and Kati and explored the geographical location of Estonia on Earth. Thanks to the authors!

Thank you very much! :D

Well, it works, too, if you make a simple bank transfer.

Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK » August 5th, 2018, 8:01 pm

Swenja, we are so happy with you comments about our book! Thank you for telling us about it.

Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK » August 17th, 2018, 12:24 am

To all who have made donations to Kotkalkubi, either direct or via the Leetchi fund-raising page,(https://www.leetchi.com/c/support-these-wonderful-birds) I want to say a huge THANK YOU.
We didn't know what to expect from this round of fund raising, especially as it came so soon after the plea for help with the cost of three transmitters. At the moment, the fund stands at 3,856 euro.
Looduskalender Forum should be very proud of this achievement. It is a generous amount which we can give to Kotkaklubi for their own identified needs.

The Leetchi Money Pot will close on Tuesday September 4th. Leetchi will retain 2.9% administration costs.
It takes a few days to go through the formalities of compliance with their identification process, and as soon as I know that Kotkalubi has received the funds I will post the news.

Hmm - celebration - which leads to thoughts of this forums' tenth birthday, soon. Probably in September, or maybe in October.
How shall we celebrate?

Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK » September 3rd, 2018, 11:06 pm

Here is a final reminder of our fund-raisng effort, on behalf of Kotkaklubi.
https://www.leetchi.com/c/support-these-wonderful-birds

In slightly less than 24 hours, this Money Pot will close. Midnight in Estonia, tomorrow September 4th is the end date.

This is a last chance to say Thank you to all at Kotkaklubi, for giving us and "our" birds a successful, interesting and enjoyable season.
Thanks to the previous Money Pot's success, the young Black Storks from this season are now wearing the back packs purchased with funds provided by forum members, and others. Some new information about their migrations can be expected, and confirmation of patterns so far only surmised.. Not everything reported by these backpacks will be "honey and roses" but Kotkaklubi members will be better furnished with solid data as a result of our efforts.

Rauntz

Post by Rauntz » September 4th, 2018, 8:17 am

Hello!

How can i get the book about BS when i have made a contribution?

Br,
Rauno

Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK » September 4th, 2018, 10:25 am

Hello, Rauno.
Anne7 will send it to you when your name is on the contributors' list.

Edit - of course, not everyone contributes via the Leetchi page. If you have donated direct to Kotkaklubi we have no way of knowing about it!
Please send PM to Anne7 or to me to request the book.

Anne7

Post by Anne7 » September 4th, 2018, 11:56 am

Rauntz wrote:
September 4th, 2018, 8:17 am
Hello!
How can i get the book about BS when i have made a contribution?
Br,
Rauno
Hello, Rauno
I do not see the name Rauno (or Rauntz) on the Leetchi contributors' list. Maybe you used a different name on Leetchi?
Or maybe you contributed directly to Kotkaklubi?
I have sent an email (via WeTransfer, containing a download link) to all contributors on Leetchi, but apparently, that email sometimes goes to the receiver's spam folder.

Please send me your email address via PM, and I will send you another copy of the digital book.
“Clearly, animals know more than we think, and think a great deal more than we know.”
— Irene Pepperberg

Rauntz

Post by Rauntz » September 6th, 2018, 8:16 am

Hei Anne7!

Because of my newbie status here in Looduskalender, i can't send any messages yet.
Can you send me PM of your email and i will reply my email there for you?

R.

Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK » September 6th, 2018, 10:54 am

Hi, Rauntz.
I have sent your email address to Anne7.

Anne7

Post by Anne7 » September 6th, 2018, 8:01 pm

Rauntz wrote:
September 6th, 2018, 8:16 am
Hei Anne7!

Because of my newbie status here in Looduskalender, i can't send any messages yet.
Can you send me PM of your email and i will reply my email there for you?

R.
Hello, Rauntz
I've sent you the download link of the book with WeTransfer earlier today.
To make sure that you don't miss that email, please check your SPAM folder too. 8-)
Enjoy!
:wave:
“Clearly, animals know more than we think, and think a great deal more than we know.”
— Irene Pepperberg

aquiline

Post by aquiline » September 6th, 2018, 11:18 pm

:loveshower: I love Karl's Book :loveshower: I read it again and again and every time I am smiling

Karl, are you listening? Urmas, go away! Kati just arrived. I have no time for you now :D
Reader, are you here? In the box? :D
All those people in the box-with-an-eye :D

You had so funny ideas. It really was a great idea writing this book. It was worth all the time you spent.
Thank you again, Anne and Jo, and Kaori for the beautiful illustrations

Rauntz

Post by Rauntz » September 7th, 2018, 8:26 am

Hei Anne7!

I got it ... thank you very much :loveshower:

Br,
R.

Return to “Alutaguse Bear Webcam”