Fund Raising in Support of Kotkaklubi

Brown Bear Webcam in Alutaguse Forest
Anne7

Re: Fund Raising in Support of Kotkaklubi

Post by Anne7 » May 2nd, 2018, 5:22 pm

sova wrote:
May 2nd, 2018, 4:42 pm
Love Jo, Anne and Orinpix
You've had a wonderful idea and you've done a great job. I also have to see how I translate everything. :D
All three, thanks a lot!

That we have the opportunity to pursue the wonderful creatures on so many cameras is worth every donation.
And the little book looks great!

Thanks to all. :2thumbsup:
Thank you so much for your kind words, Sova! :hi:

Yes, let's help Kotkaklubi! :2thumbsup:

Right now we collected € 760! That's already 30% of the target!
Isn't that wonderful?!
You are great people! Thank you all for contributing! :faint:
“Clearly, animals know more than we think, and think a great deal more than we know.”
— Irene Pepperberg

Trine

Post by Trine » May 2nd, 2018, 6:07 pm

Konrad wrote:
May 2nd, 2018, 1:29 am
Why are they asking the first name and the surname of the donator? I chose to cancel at that point.
I have to admit that this put me off, too.

Anne7

Post by Anne7 » May 2nd, 2018, 6:36 pm

Trine wrote:
May 2nd, 2018, 6:07 pm
I have to admit that this put me off, too.
Hello Trine and Konrad! :hi:

Your name and surname will not be shown on Leetchi. (If you do not want it)
It will not be shared or used by third parties or used for anything else but processing the transaction.
On the next page, after you filled in your name and surname, you can choose to donate anonymously or type the name that you would like to appear on the Leetchi website.

I think Leetchi is obliged to ask for it by law.
To ensure that it is a valid and secure transaction.
Leetchi is really trustworthy.
As Jo UK wrote, they impressed with their insistence on the correct identification of the beneficiary, too.
They have to be careful in everything they do.
“Clearly, animals know more than we think, and think a great deal more than we know.”
— Irene Pepperberg

Trine

Post by Trine » May 2nd, 2018, 7:54 pm

Anne7 wrote:
May 2nd, 2018, 6:36 pm
On the next page, after you filled in your name and surname, you can choose to donate anonymously or type the name that you would like to appear on the Leetchi website.
Thanks, Anne :hi:
On this next page, after filling in my names, I cannot see such an option. :puzzled:

Urmas

Post by Urmas » May 2nd, 2018, 8:20 pm

If there is wish to donate Kotkaklubi and somehow you do not like leetchi money pot logic, there is still open direct donation account of Kotkaklkubi:
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=509

About donators name and contacts I have side opinion. We have got donations into that above mentioned account and I feel it to be polite to thank every donator personally. Here is not a shop with anonymous customers I think. Sometimes it takes a lot of time to find contact of certain kind person. We can see the name in bank transfer data, but very difficult is to find right person to thank her/him if from Germany the donation is coming from Anne Schmidt or Alex Bauer...
Second, if we know the name of donator, it is possible to get back some tax from donated sum for donator. I don't know exactly, how it works but basically should.

Leetchi donations money pot is organized by Jo and linked to nice Book about Karl, so it is a bit different line, but we can for sure give to Jo information about direct donations in Kotkaklubi account to enable virtual ownership of the book for direct doantors. For me it seems that leetchi payments are easier to make as usual international bank transfer (if coming outside Estonia).
Finally, if something seems strange for you, you can skip the process.

Anne7

Post by Anne7 » May 2nd, 2018, 8:42 pm

Trine wrote:
May 2nd, 2018, 7:54 pm
Thanks, Anne :hi:
On this next page, after filling in my names, I cannot see such an option. :puzzled:
OK, Trine! :faint: It was the 3th page, not the second. Sorry!

1th page: type your name and surname etc.

2th page: fill in and validate

3th page: Here you can choose different options

Choose the desired option(s), for example what I did. And save.

The result:

This demonstration costs me another 10 Euro. :mrgreen: :D
But no problem, it is a useful contribution!
— Irene Pepperberg

Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK » May 2nd, 2018, 9:03 pm

Thank you, Anne7. Now you can reward yourself with YET ANOTHER copy of the book.

To explain - Anne and I must have sent the book to and from each other maybe one hundred times since the Autumn. Change that sentence. Too many - not enough commas. Don't forget the first migration - etc. etc. and so on.

Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK » May 2nd, 2018, 9:30 pm

To clarify a point in Urmas's post - the gift of the book is an essential part of the Leetchi Money Pot. It is not connected to the Kotkaklubi bank account. Sorry if that is misleading, but that is how we set it up.
Using Leetchi, it is easy to find the e-mail address of a contributor. Not so easy with a bank transfer.

I will not use the automated Thank You letters which Leetchi has made available. It is not worded in a way that I would choose, and also, it suggests that the Money Pot is now closed! We have a few months to run, yet.

Anne7

Post by Anne7 » May 2nd, 2018, 9:43 pm

Jo UK wrote:
May 2nd, 2018, 9:03 pm
Thank you, Anne7. Now you can reward yourself with YET ANOTHER copy of the book.
Thanks, Jo UK! I will send another copy to myself! :laugh:
And dream all night of Karl (and Kati), very large seas, deserts, crocodiles, building a nest, laying eggs, etc... once more? No kidding, that really happened!
Urmas wrote:
May 2nd, 2018, 8:20 pm
... Leetchi donations money pot is organized by Jo and linked to nice Book about Karl...
Thank you, Urmas! My mum used to tell me that modesty is a beautiful virtue, but yes, I agree, I hope (and believe) that our book is nice.
Urmas wrote:
May 2nd, 2018, 8:20 pm
...For me it seems that leetchi payments are easier to make as usual international bank transfer (if coming outside Estonia)...
Yes, probably it is. Leetchi is easy and very transparent.
— Irene Pepperberg

Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK » May 2nd, 2018, 9:45 pm

I used to see hundreds of commas, in untidy clumps. I think I have grown out of that, now. :rotf:

Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK » May 2nd, 2018, 9:53 pm

I sent a Thank you letter to myself. This is why it is misleading - it says we have collected all we want!

The money pot organisor, would like to say a big thank you to all who'd made contributions. It wouldn't have been possible without you!

The money pot summary:

Name: Support These Wonderful Birds
Amount collected: €2,500
End date: 31 August 2018

UteL.

Post by UteL. » May 3rd, 2018, 12:22 pm

pardon,

Jo, your self-test is hard to understand if you have not experienced it yourself. The thank you from Leetchi is really confusing because the pot is not full yet.

This collection is only a few days, so far 810 EURO in the pot, that's just great! Wonderful! I wish continue much success :D

Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK » May 3rd, 2018, 12:24 pm

UteL, that is why I have earlier posted that I will NOT use the automated thank you letter, provided by Leetchi. I posted it here to illustrate my reason!

UteL.

Post by UteL. » May 3rd, 2018, 1:50 pm

Yes, I was confused last year when the post arrived.

Otherwise, I was very happy with the process.

https://www.leetchi.com/c/nonprofit-eag ... kotkaklubi

Now we are all waiting for the little ones and for the realization of your great idea :D

And that causes (also running) costs ....

Not to be confused, here is the current pot:

https://www.leetchi.com/c/support-these-wonderful-birds

maertha

Post by maertha » May 3rd, 2018, 11:08 pm

Hi Jo, Anne and Kaori; glad to see that your fundraising campaign is already so successful! Great idea :2thumbsup:

Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK » May 3rd, 2018, 11:36 pm

Thank you, Maertha. We are delighted. so many kind and generous people wo want to support the Eagle Club.

Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK » May 4th, 2018, 10:21 am

Konrad wrote:
May 2nd, 2018, 1:29 am
Why are they asking the first name and the surname of the donator? I chose to cancel at that point.

To which purposes is that information used?
Here is a reply from Leetchi about this.

Sandrine a répondu:

Hello Josephine,

Thanks for contacting us and choosing Leetchi.com as your trusted money collection website.

This function allows the beneficiary to see who contributed to the money pot. No worries, we won’t use any datas without authorization.
However if the future contributor wants, he can hide his name in order to keep anonymity.

Please let us know if you have any questions. We’re here to help!

Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK » May 4th, 2018, 1:56 pm

Recently, I asked Urmas if Kotkaklubi has any particular project in mind, which may be helped by the funds raised on Leetchi.

He replies

Looking at the contributions to support Eagle Club - I feel proud to be a member of it and on behalf of Eagle Club would like to thank a lot everyone who contributed either directly, indirectly or supported with nice words somewhere. That is really good to feel that our friends may contribute to the activity of Eagle Club, not only for a certain action or goods. Sometimes it is difficult to say what exactly is needed. Every day there something is going on, quite often unplanned works are needed to do or something to change in technical equipment.
Nevertheless, first of all would like to thank organiser Jo, writers Jo and Anne, as well as illustrator Kaori! It may be only the beginning of something more..

But to be more materialistic, and looking with one eye at incubating Karl on nest, I'm dreaming already in next season. To avoid problems with energy in remote places or in dark time (like winter here usually) there is elaborated in Germany small power station, working on methanol (supplements solar panels). That is not a cheap system, but suits perfectly with our camera systems.
https://www.efoy-pro.com/en/efoy-pro/efoy-pro-2400/
https://www.efoy-pro.com/en/efoy-pro/efoy-pro-800/
The first is more suitable, but also more expensive one.
Kind regards,

Hev'

Post by Hev' » May 4th, 2018, 7:09 pm

Hey everyone! 2 years after discovering your site, reading the forum, and watch so many time webcams...
I register here to thank the great work of Jo, Anne and Kaori for the fundraising campaing and for the book! This is really cute and instructive.
You did a really good job, you can be proud (Urmas and the Eagle club too!)

Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK » May 4th, 2018, 9:00 pm

Hev', thank you for those kind words. We had no idea what to expect, when we first let it loose on the world!

Return to “Alutaguse Bear Webcam”