NEST OBSERVATIONS ESTLAT Osprey Nest 1 Madis & Piret ~ 2012

jopie

Re: ESTLAT Osprey Nest Webcam Discussion 2012

Post by jopie »

:mrgreen:
but you could hear NORI chirping all the time ^^

:wave:[/quote]

Yes, if I had paid attention, ......I mean, Nori is even on the picture I posted :slap:
maertha

Post by maertha »

18:35 Wing exercises :loveshower:

:wave:
Millie

Post by Millie »

Thank you to all for super pictures and interesting posts.
Thank you Kukelke for link to Osprey catching fish, it was wonderful to watch.
What great parents Pire and Madis have turned out to be, and what dedication they have shown to their young.
It is a great pleasure to watch them grow, and all too soon they will be on migration.
It never fails to amaze me how quickly they grow.
When I looked in this afternoon, for a brief moment I thought the flying ants were back but it is only the fine feathers blowing in the breeze.
Again a huge thank you to all who make watching this nest so interesting, with pics video's and posts.
jopie

Post by jopie »

Millie wrote:Thank you to all for super pictures and interesting posts.
Thank you Kukelke for link to Osprey catching fish, it was wonderful to watch.
What great parents Pire and Madis have turned out to be, and what dedication they have shown to their young.
It is a great pleasure to watch them grow, and all too soon they will be on migration.
It never fails to amaze me how quickly they grow.
When I looked in this afternoon, for a brief moment I thought the flying ants were back but it is only the fine feathers blowing in the breeze.
Again a huge thank you to all who make watching this nest so interesting, with pics video's and posts.
:hi: Millie, I have a question about migrating Osprey's. Do they migrate as a family, all together at the same time in the same direction or do the familymembers go as individuals?
Do you know that? I hope so!!!
jopie

Post by jopie »

Madis brings a fish and had hardly room to land with it.

Long fish, and large too. Roach?
jopie

Post by jopie »

That last jump of Uno made me jump :mrgreen: Rather high and large jump.

pinkish

Post by pinkish »

I think Piret's feeding Nori now..
...goodnight poor little thing
Millie

Post by Millie »

Hi Jopie,Ospreys travel alone and will leave the nest at different times.
Usually the female will migrate first and the male stays behind to teach the young to fish.
Young will commence migration usually early September about, but will not leave at the same time sometimes its the youngest which will leave first.
I dont know how to post links, but if you visit the Dyfi Osprey site there is loads of info re the tracking of young Ospre. Hope this helps.
jopie

Post by jopie »

Millie wrote:Hi Jopie,Ospreys travel alone and will leave the nest at different times.
Usually the female will migrate first and the male stays behind to teach the young to fish.
Young will commence migration usually early September about, but will not leave at the same time sometimes its the youngest which will leave first.
I dont know how to post links, but if you visit the Dyfi Osprey site there is loads of info re the tracking of young Ospre. Hope this helps.

Millie, thank you very much, it sure helped me!! Sad, they don't go all together. And surprising the female is going first leaving the young ones in the care of the male. I appreciate your answers, thanks :loveshower:
asteria

Post by asteria »

Piret is feeding herself now. :laugh:
Whoever saves one life saves the world entire
jopie

Post by jopie »

Millie wrote:Hi Jopie,Ospreys travel alone and will leave the nest at different times.
Millie, sorry :blush: I have another question: do they fly out off the nest and then never return? Or do they return in the evening for example? I mean some birds first go to the branches of the tree, do Osprey's do that too?
andi7

Post by andi7 »

20:36 Piret swallowed the whole tailpiece, a part was falling down, but when she looked for this piece, it's already gone. Nori had eaten it.
meierlein

Post by meierlein »

:mrgreen:

sometimes MADIS brought big fishes without head to the nest -
not these with a knife cutted ones ^^

I think, he ate that missing part himselves, bevor he arrived the nest ^^

:wave:
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

jopie wrote: Millie, sorry :blush: I have another question: do they fly out off the nest and then never return? Or do they return in the evening for example? I mean some birds first go to the branches of the tree, do Osprey's do that too?
Jopie;you can read the ESTLAT osprey Latvian thread & see how the fledging and feeding went.
Fleur made lots of posts with pics and videos there.
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
jopie

Post by jopie »

After feeding, cleaning up the fallen bits and a little redecorating, Piret leaves....

Have a very nice evening/night/day all :wave:
jopie

Post by jopie »

macdoum wrote: Jopie;you can read the osprey Latvian thread & see how the fledging and feeding went.
Before I have found that out, they have left the nest already :mrgreen:
Birdie

Post by Birdie »

:rotf:

Nori S7, Uno S8, Elo S9
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Jopie,even today one was back on the nest. More we don't know because the cam wasn't working well,only on and off..
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

21:20 I think this is Uno with the feather sticking up. Elo is on the left side, and Nori in back

21:44 Elo and Uno (??) seem very friendly

Return to “Osprey Webcam Forum”