Estonian Osprey Nests ~ Madis & Piret ~ DISCUSSION~ 2014

Gavril

Re: Osprey ~ Madis & Piret (?) ~ NEST DOCUMENTATIONS 2014

Post by Gavril »

Yes, it is not like Oksana nor Piret. Could there be some of the Chicks Piret and Madis? :puzzled: :D
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

She resembles Piret in many ways in the look in her face. I think too young to be coming back, yet, for offspring like Nori, etc.
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
Tonia

Post by Tonia »

Gavril wrote:Yes, it is not like Oksana nor Piret. Could there be some of the Chicks Piret and Madis?
But the chicks wear rings too!
Cebro

Post by Cebro »

Gavril wrote:Yes, it is not like Oksana nor Piret. Could there be some of the Chicks Piret and Madis?
The chicks are ringed and Piret is still carrying her transmitter, is she?
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

Maybe rename one Pictures Only as this is still confusing. :puzzled:
Gavril

Post by Gavril »

Yes, it is not like Oksana nor Piret. Could there be some of the Chicks Piret and Madis? :puzzled: :D Yes, I mean the 2011 season... :dunno:
Kukelke

Post by Kukelke »

I've compared the pictures of this unringed bird with last year's Oxana, and I am pretty convinced these are two different birds. Oxana has a pretty light colouring on her face while this bird has a distinctive black band from the beak over the forehead to the back of the head.
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

Madis in front, Piret in back. Still, unless Piret's rings fell off as well as the transmitter, no go.

Mariano

Post by Mariano »

Bea wrote:It is early in season and the probability that we see more different Ospreys on the nest is big - there are still a lot of migrating Ospreys in the air and as long as the nest is not definately claimed ...
I completely agree with Bea. And I think this osprey is not Oxana. This has the head and thorax more darker.

Greetings. :wave:
No one goes, behind the last one. ;)
Gavril

Post by Gavril »

In the nest Piret/Madis I really like the new review. :thumbs: We wait and hope to see healthy beautiful Piret! :D
kyfisher

Post by kyfisher »

New female is very beautiful .. hmmm 8-)
asteria

Post by asteria »

It is some unknown bird, maybe one of those two birds appeared in this nest two years ago before Piret arrived.
Bea

Post by Bea »

Pfhhhh .... snowflakes on the nests ..... they keep lying on the lichen :faint:

Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

This new one "chez Madis" has a little white spot on the left side of her beak in all pictures - a good sign, if it is real and not just a light reflection
:thumbs:
Luz4711

Post by Luz4711 »

It confuses me a little that there are also pictures and videos of the nest in the discussion topic AND that the discussion topic is for both nests. For example photo in the observation topic, responses to it moved to the discussion topic without a comment which nest or bird the text belongs to. When Madis arrived yesterday and people like it, it is not a discussion it is a comment to what happened in the nest.
Some comments where moved some not ....
Donation for KOTKAKLUBI
IBAN EE18 2200 2210 4035 9778 - BIC HABAEE2X - Swedbank AS
Wire Transfer via SEPA in EURO Countries

search.php?keywords=villa&terms=all&aut ... mit=Search

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBTIDeR ... vpJrE-ImTh
LupusLupus99

Post by LupusLupus99 »

Perhaps when posting replies/comments and/or images, videos, observations and etc just add what nest you are referring to.
Like if you want to discuss something from madis nest just add "Madis nest" at the beginning of your post then what you want to say.

You know something like this;

"madis nest, osprey landing on camstand:

*pic link*"

or you could press the quote button in the observation topic and copy/paste the reply/quote (without the images/videos)
yourself into this thread and add nest info to your reply. Perhaps also add a link to the post you are replying to.
Bea

Post by Bea »

Owlie wrote:This new one "chez Madis" has a little white spot on the left side of her beak in all pictures - a good sign, if it is real and not just a light reflection
It could have been a sticky fish scale from last meal, too.
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Luz4711

Post by Luz4711 »

LupusLupus99 wrote:Perhaps when posting replies/comments and/or images, videos, observations and etc just add what nest you are referring to.Like if you want to discuss something from madis nest just add "Madis nest" at the beginning of your post then what you want to say.
You know something like this;
"madis nest, osprey landing on camstand:
*pic link*"
or you could press the quote button in the observation topic and copy/paste the reply/quote (without the images/videos)
yourself into this thread and add nest info to your reply. Perhaps also add a link to the post you are replying to.
Copy and past and giving the link what I I'm referring to? This seems a little complicated to me. I did not move the comments to Madis arrival. Besides this all of us switch between the topics, here pic and videos, there comments to it? In my opinion comments to what was seen in the nest are part of the observation. Landing on the cam stand is observation and there is nothing to discuss about. I guess Nancy did mean something else.
I can asure you that as soon as Piret or any other females arrives who Madis is attracted to it is going to be very crowded. Some of the members that didn't show up the whole winter (neither were interested in Ilmar) are already back. And not all of us have all day long to read and watch. Plus we live in different time zones. And some of us can not post pics or videos, for what reason ever. But it is okay ... Gotta get used to strict rules ... 8-)
Donation for KOTKAKLUBI

debianuser

Post by debianuser »

urmaslett wrote: Link to this year Pontu archives:
http://193.40.124.24/2014-kalakotkas-ftp/

Urmas
Thanks, Urmas.

Just letting you guys know that my pontu image viewer from last year now works with the new link format. As always the link is in my signature. Enjoy.
http://pontu.ca/ Pontu video and picture archive viewer with easy date and camera selection. *Generating Snapshots for most cameras that don't normally take snapshots*
*Note that snapshots generated by me are only stored for 3 days due to disk space limitation on the server.*
Luz4711

Post by Luz4711 »

debianuser wrote:Just letting you guys know that my pontu image viewer from last year now works with the new link format. As always the link is in my signature. Enjoy.
Very nice :bow: thanks a lot.
Donation for KOTKAKLUBI

Return to “Osprey Webcam Forum”