Estonian Osprey Nest (Irma & Ivo) 2018

Maria&Xavier

Re: Estonian Osprey Nest (Irma & Ivo) 2018

Post by Maria&Xavier »

Who is fierce Choco, Helli or Kaja?
Konrad

Post by Konrad »

Bea wrote: July 16th, 2018, 10:12 am Yes, second letter on the rings is a good help, as Maria&Xavier wrote already .... but sometimes they manage to hide their rings :D
This post is deleted by adminn Juta because it´s offending, unrightful and even politically incorrect. We are here watching birds, remember!
mogga

Post by mogga »

HelenL44 wrote: July 16th, 2018, 10:10 am Could someone give us a pronunciation of each name? Thanks.
Helen, you can enter the sentence "Their names are Heli, Jaak and Kaja" at Google Translator and listen to it in Estonian language.

https://translate.google.de/#auto/et/Th ... nd%20Kaja.
mogga

Post by mogga »

Konrad wrote: July 16th, 2018, 10:38 am Deleted by admin Juta
I don't think so, Konrad. It was a wise decision by Bea as a moderator to act as she did. Everything is ok, I would say. There was a little seesaw, but no reason to start a new vote. It's only names, we should come back to concentrate on the reason for this thread.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Hello everybody :hi:

I voted for one of the "wrong" names, Kaya, wich I actually took from a website showing a study about estonian names of the students penpals:
http://www.studentsoftheworld.info/penp ... 3?Pays=EST
So there is at least ONE actual estonian person called Kaya, wich of course doesn't mean it's an estonian name.

So I'm very sorry if I started some confusion... :blush:

But I do like the chosen names alot :thumbs:
Konrad

Post by Konrad »

mogga wrote: July 16th, 2018, 10:55 am I don't think so, Konrad. It was a wise decision by Bea as a moderator to act as she did. Everything is ok, I would say...
OK, Mossa. Did you understand, that there is no such name as Jukka in Estonian language?
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

Dear members! Nobody voted wrong. Me, as Estonian and other members from Estonia should check earlier that list.
Anyway, despite "right" and "wrong" names the result is right, all voted names were counted. As it was publik, everybody can count over.
Proud member of SHoW (StorkaHolics of the World)
Trine

Post by Trine »

juta wrote: July 16th, 2018, 11:26 am Me, as Estonian and other members from Estonia should check earlier that list.
I actually made a remark about Jukka and Kukka on July 11 (page 140)...
Woody

Post by Woody »

Maria&Xavier wrote: July 16th, 2018, 10:21 am Who is fierce Choco, Helli or Kaja?
That would have been Choco, now officially named Kaja, fiercest and bravest of dem all :mrgreen:
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

Trine wrote: July 16th, 2018, 11:31 am I actually made a remark about Jukka and Kukka on July 11 (page 140)...
Sorry! :D
Proud member of SHoW (StorkaHolics of the World)
Konrad

Post by Konrad »

juta wrote: July 16th, 2018, 11:26 am Dear members! Nobody voted wrong. Me, as Estonian and other members from Estonia should check earlier that list.
Anyway, despite "right" and "wrong" names the result is right, all voted names were counted. As it was publik, everybody can count over.
Why did you not check the names suggested?
We ended now into a situation, in which many of us voted for example Jukka, because we were thinking incorrectly that it was an Estonian name.

You can freely delete also this opinion of mine. :rolleyes:

Why did you not do the simple correction by letting us vote again for two days? :shock:
Konrad

Post by Konrad »

Trine wrote: July 16th, 2018, 11:31 am I actually made a remark about Jukka and Kukka on July 11 (page 140)...
Such remarks are not counted by Juta!
Konrad

Post by Konrad »

KONRAD, ENOUGH NOW.

PLEASE READ YOUR PM
Hellem

Post by Hellem »

:hi:
10:26 A nice still alive fish from Ivo, Irma started eating, the kid's aren't interested
10:35 Kaja came closer and Irma began feeding her
10:40 Irma swallowed the fish tail, 10:41 she flew away
seira

Post by seira »

Hellem wrote: July 16th, 2018, 12:31 pm 10:26 A nice still alive fish from Ivo, Irma started eating, the kid's aren't interested
10:35 Kaja came closer and Irma began feeding her
10:40 Irma swallowed the fish tail, 10:41 she flew away
10:26 a Perch from Ivo
10:34 Irma in alarm mode
10:40
Summi

Post by Summi »

Dear osprey fans :wave:

Our nagging about the names leaves a stain also on this super Irma-Ivo family and they don't deserve it. No matter what their names are, the osprets will be soon leaving and let's enjoy the nest life and try to get better and forgiving ourselves. I do love you all and your wonderful pics and videos.

I'm trying to give you pronunciation of the names and hope it's helpful:
XHeli [´heli]
XJaak [jɑːk]
XKaja [´kayə]
mogga

Post by mogga »

We should never use words / terms that are well-known to create distrust and hostility within a forum on the Internet. If moderators / admins would allow this they could just as well close the forum.

Please let's come back to the ospreys. :wave:
Hellem

Post by Hellem »

11:32 There was still a piece of this "self-feeding" fish from 8:58, at first Jaak then Heli were working on it :laugh:

seira :wave:
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

Maria&Xavier wrote: July 16th, 2018, 10:21 am Who is fierce Choco, Helli or Kaja?
:wave: Maria&Xavier, it is the youngest sister, Kaja (XK) aka Choco :D
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

mogga wrote: July 10th, 2018, 11:36 am Don't be disappointed if it will be voted for another name as your favourite name. The ospreys themselves know nothing about our desire giving them a name, they don't care. We could even call them 'Buddha', 'Idiot' or 'Coca-Cola' – it's irrelevant for them. :laugh:
I think this is really an important point to remember! :nod: :laugh:

Bea, thank you very much for organising this vote and for counting all the votes! :2thumbsup:
Really wonderful names for the osprets.

Return to “Osprey Webcam Forum”