Estonian Osprey Nest (Irma & Ivo) 2018

Sunshine

Re: Estonian Osprey Nest (Irma & Ivo) 2018

Post by Sunshine »

lispet wrote: September 9th, 2018, 7:57 am Lots of cleaning traffic on the nest
And yes, such a busy morning on the osprey nest it was!

Many starlings were very actively working in the nest for a long time
07:13

07:17

07:35
The European robin visited too
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

07:18
A white-tailed eagle flew over

Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

07:23
A beautiful raven inspected the nest

07:26
.. and flew by

07:33
Great tits also jumped around the nest, sang and worked on some nest material

07:33
... and woodpecker worked loudly and actively on some tree :rolleyes:
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

mogga wrote: September 8th, 2018, 11:59 pm °°°
So, here are just some moments.
What a wonderful video, mogga! Thank you so much for this! So heartwarming and funny.. :2thumbsup: :D
yitmoth

Post by yitmoth »

Sunshine wrote: September 10th, 2018, 1:06 am Many starlings were very actively working in the nest for a long time
Blackbird juvies, I think. But yeah, really an incredible morning for remote birdwatching. Thanks for all the pics!

PS No such luck this morning, as the livestream is completely offline, much like Konnakotkas for several days now :help:
Maxie4Paws

Post by Maxie4Paws »

yitmoth wrote: September 10th, 2018, 1:47 am Blackbird juvies, I think. But yeah, really an incredible morning for remote birdwatching. Thanks for all the pics!

PS No such luck this morning, as the livestream is completely offline, much like Konnakotkas for several days now :help:
Hi, I have not been able to get anything, thank you for posting that the livestream has been offline. I miss seeing the nest. Does anyone know if it will get back on line?? :cry:
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

:hi: Thanks, yitmoth, I was lost in translation, in Latvian also the common blackbird is called "a starling" (melnais mežastrazds), even though in English the correct species is true thrush.. :rolleyes: And yes, there were so many yesterday morning!
Bea

Post by Bea »

°°°°°°°°°°°

Urmas is not available at the place this week, so when there is a problem that can´t be solved remotely we won´t have stream back the next days ..... if at all ....
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

13:17
Still a picture of a common raven in a motion, just a small while before the stream went off-line..

Maxie4Paws

Post by Maxie4Paws »

Hello all.
I see that the cam is still off line as i haven't been able to see the nest since Sat. I hope that it will come back soon. miss seeing the empty nest.
:puzzled: :cry:
mogga

Post by mogga »

Bea wrote: September 10th, 2018, 11:53 am °°°°°°°°°°°

Urmas is not available at the place this week, so when there is a problem that can´t be solved remotely we won´t have stream back the next days ..... if at all ....
It's a pity. I like watching the nest from time to time when the ospreys have gone.
It's a kind of conclusion / goodbye after six month following and there are many other birds visiting the nest now. :chick: :rolleyes:
Rita

Post by Rita »

I can relate to that - better watching Irma's empty nest than no nest at all. :nod:
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

mogga wrote: September 10th, 2018, 10:24 pm ...
It's a kind of conclusion / goodbye after six month following and there are many other birds visiting the nest now. :chick: :rolleyes:
It is interesting that the other birds (especially ravens and crows) find the way open to the nest immediately, when they realize the owners have gone :mrgreen:
Birds must have a communication system for other species when they are still on their territory, as it is seldom we see other big birds on the nest during the breeding season, but after the family has left we see ravens and crows frequently in the nest surroundings.

Chez Lauma and Perkons in Latvia the ravens were really arrogant and started their cleaning service already when the fledged osprets were still there. It was often we heard the osprets quack to the annoying ravens in order to chase them away.
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

Dear Osprey friends,
first, I would like to compliment mogga. With his great video, he has the year 2018 so well remembered for us and now we are waiting eagerly for the spring of 2019 when Irma and Ivo return to their nest. You get used to these ospreys as if they were our own chicks. I hope they find their way and the most important thing is that nothing happens to them on there long flight. :wave:
Maybe Ivar (RR) will come back next year, not in his birth nest, but somewhere I hope he shows up.
The cam is offline and maybe we have another chance in the coming week that the cam will be fixed to marvel all the various bird visitors.
Carla

Post by Carla »

sorry everyone is gone...
on my holiday I could read that it is ok with jack! so nice!
so thanks everybody for the pictures and films and soon I go to look at the film from Mogga!!! :loveshower:

till next year!
Summi

Post by Summi »

On Looduskalender front page (still in Estonian) there is mogga's great video :loveshower: and the overview saying: "There isn't enough sunshine any more to keep the round-the-clock working cams online". I am ignorant in this matter but isn't it possible to make the cam be online only in the daytime for some weeks still and switch it off for the night? :puzzled:
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Summi wrote: September 13th, 2018, 2:43 pm On Looduskalender front page (still in Estonian) there is mogga's great video ...
The video is really worth being shared for all readers :2thumbsup:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

September 14

The camera works again! :thumbs:
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
mogga

Post by mogga »

°°°
Mrs. grey-headed woodpecker on the nest this morning.

9:58

Summi

Post by Summi »

Thank you whoever made the cam work again! :bow: so that mogga could give us a nice visitor video! :thumbs:
Now we all can watch the empty nest waiting for someon to turn up and they do. The trees in the background are turning yellow and brown as autumn sets in bringing spring nearer! Only half a year or a bit more! 8-)

Return to “Osprey Webcam Forum”