More News About Veterinary Care

The Work of Looduskalender, Kotkaklubi and Wildlife Veterinary Care
Luz4711

Re: More News About Veterinary Care

Post by Luz4711 »

Felis silvestris wrote:I could ask Urmas about the eagle and the eaglets in the nest. The eagle lady is still with Dr. Madis and heals and is peaceful. She is not stressed and they have made a perch for her. Renno visited the nest a week ago and the eaglets are doing well too. One was already standing at the rim of the nest and they expect them to fledge.
Any news about Mom and chicks?
Donation for KOTKAKLUBI
IBAN EE18 2200 2210 4035 9778 - BIC HABAEE2X - Swedbank AS
Wire Transfer via SEPA in EURO Countries

search.php?keywords=villa&terms=all&aut ... mit=Search

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBTIDeR ... vpJrE-ImTh
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

I have asked Renno about the chicks since he is the one close to the nest. In the meantime I got an answer from him. I don't think the chicks are ringed, the question was asked but not specifically answered unfortunately.

He last checked on them about a month ago and both juveniles were well fed and were sitting on the nest, the male nearby. The male managed to raise both chicks after his partner was injured. The eagle lady is still in the clinic and is well cared for by Dr. Madis. They hope to have a solution for her future soon.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Janne+Ais

Post by Janne+Ais »

Thanks a lot for this comforting news! I hope, the brave eagle lady as well as her children will be lucky.
Luz4711

Post by Luz4711 »

Felis silvestris wrote:I have asked Renno about the chicks since he is the one close to the nest. In the meantime I got an answer from him. I don't think the chicks are ringed, the question was asked but not specifically answered unfortunately.

He last checked on them about a month ago and both juveniles were well fed and were sitting on the nest, the male nearby. The male managed to raise both chicks after his partner was injured. The eagle lady is still in the clinic and is well cared for by Dr. Madis. They hope to have a solution for her future soon.
Sounds good, thanks for information, Felis.
Donation for KOTKAKLUBI

Madis

Post by Madis »

Hello Friends,

Long time has passed, since my last posting, but its the season so i'm pretty overwhelmed. With Monday only, i got 4 patients from whom 3 where keepers but in generally we are entering the bad injuries season, so lot of euthanasia.

Anyways, the eagle mum is doing ok... I'm trying to do as much as i can, to get everything necessary to build her and for other patients as-well an outside enclosure. I really hope that i can convince some corporation to fund it (esp. power company)

I'll try to find some time at some point and write and post some pictures from some nicer cases and my doings. there are some good news aswell :)

Cheers,
--
Madis Leivits, DVM
President - Estonian Veterinary Association
Veterinarian - Estonian University of Life Sciences
Luz4711

Post by Luz4711 »

Madis wrote:Hello Friends,

Anyways, the eagle mum is doing ok... I'm trying to do as much as i can, to get everything necessary to build her and for other patients as-well an outside enclosure. I really hope that i can convince some corporation to fund it (esp. power company)

I'll try to find some time at some point and write and post some pictures from some nicer cases and my doings. there are some good news aswell :)

Cheers,
Thank you so much to inform us in such a busy time of the year. I really appreciate this. Wish you good luck finding support esp. from electricity suppliers to help you helping your patients. If there is anything - even a drop in the ocean - the forum members can do for you don't hesitate to ask for it. Looking forward hearing some more good news from you ....
Thanks again.
Donation for KOTKAKLUBI

Janne+Ais

Post by Janne+Ais »

Many, many thanks also from me for ALL you do! I suppose, you do a lot of these "things" in your free time. Truly a sometimes bitter job to decide whether it is better to put down an animal. I wish you a lot of strength and - as you wrote - much more "nicer cases"!
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Thanks Dr. Madis for your short report, we are all happy to hear about the eagle lady and also about your other cases!

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=510 has a link where donations for Estonian Fund for Nature can be made, maybe with a specific request for Dr. Madis and his work!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Luz4711

Post by Luz4711 »

Felis silvestris wrote:
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=510 has a link where donations for Estonian Fund for Nature can be made, maybe with a specific request for Dr. Madis and his work!
Thanks Felis I've seen this here already yesterday:
http://www.metsloom.ee/en/donate-tab-1
Donation for KOTKAKLUBI

Hélène

Post by Hélène »

Awesome, Dr Madis and Urmas...
A great job!
Manu

Post by Manu »

Thank you Dr. Madis for your report and all your efforts :bow: .
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Here is news about Dr. Madis's patient, the Golden Eagle.

viewtopic.php?p=265811#p265811
Starling

Post by Starling »

Thanks for the info of the Golden Eagle. Hopefully this one has a better destiny than Nimeta. :2thumbsup:

And what comes to the injured WTE... :(
I think about her and her family often (maybe because I see tiny wind power machine near my home area).
Janne+Ais

Post by Janne+Ais »

Starling wrote:And what comes to the injured WTE... :(
I think about her and her family often (maybe because I see tiny wind power machine near my home area).
So do I. Any news?
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

About the family I have no news, I guess the eaglets left the nest in time and started their own life.

The injured eagle lady is doing well. Dr. Madis sent me a picture in autumn when he was able to put up perches outside for the patients. So far they don't have an aviary outside for the patients, but like this they can enjoy some time outside. He gave me permission to post it here - with Christmas Greetings from Tartu!

Janne+Ais

Post by Janne+Ais »

Thank you so very much!
Thanks also to Dr. Madis. Did he say something about the future of this brave eagle lady? She definitely will never fly again? Where will she live? Will she stay with Dr. Madis?
Up to this summer I thought wind mills are a good thing. Better than nuclear power plants. But I didn't consider the consequences for the birds. It is a drama...

Blessed Christmas!
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Hello Janne+Ais - no news about the future of the eagle. Dr. Madis is very busy right now, but I'm sure we will hear if and when there is something new. The eagle will definitely not fly again, however sad it is, too much of the wing is missing.

Häid jõule ja head uut aastat!

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I have heard from Renno that he went to have a look at the nest of the Latvian eagle and found new eaglets there. So apparently the male has found a new partner or the nest found new occupants. It is an area where many eagles are passing.
And from Dr. Madis I heard that the eagle lady is doing well.

Janne+Ais

Post by Janne+Ais »

Felis silvestris wrote:And from Dr. Madis I heard that the eagle lady is doing well.
O that are really good news! Thank you, Felis! I often think of her, but don't dare to ask. Where does she live meanwhile?
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Still at the vet clinic where she was. There are efforts to build a wildlife clinic, but at the moment this is the only place. I have the hope that maybe Madis finds the time to report about his work some time in future. Also about what will happen in future to this eagle. There is not much I can say at the moment, though.

Return to “About Us”