Black Stork Tracks

Migration Maps, Tõnn, Greater Spotted Eagle and Black Storks
Solo

Re: Black Stork Tracks

Post by Solo »

CZ - Rescue Station Makov, Čížová

storklet (hatched 2019) 19126 - today evening update :D
previous info: viewtopic.php?p=697275#p697275

storklet is on the way to south - today crossed the Gulf of Iskenderun (from Mersin area)
localisation is not far from little village Balarmudu (Kırıkhan municipiality, Hatay district), Turkey

storklet flew over the Nur Mountains (Turkish: Nur Dağları) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nur_Mountains

Solo

Post by Solo »

Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Solo wrote: October 16th, 2019, 10:43 am ...and bad news: Oru perished :cry:
Good Morning Solo and Hana :hi:

I'm very sad about it :cry:

with Goris, we have to be patient :whistling:

Solo, Hana, thanks again for your daily work :2thumbsup:
Solo

Post by Solo »

October 17

Hello everyone :hi:
Solo

Post by Solo »

Liz01 wrote: October 17th, 2019, 6:24 am...
Liz, you're welcome

goris: I will be patient :mrgreen:
young BS: it seems this year is black for BS in more country :bow: (Aru/Oct.11 and Oru/Oct.12 - these two perished so quickly one by one :cry: )
asteria

Post by asteria »

This year at least 16 BS were perished from February till the middle of October, from Maru to Oru.
Maru
Karl
Tobias
all the four storklets of Sara and Elias
all the four storklets of Karl 2 and Kati
Woodek
one storklet from Dab nest
all the three storklets of Eedi

and only 9 new storklets fledged and flew away:
three storklets from Dab nest
three storklets from Puszcza Notecka
three storklets of Tonik and Tonichka
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

asteria, :hi: most of data does not belong to the migration. We document how many are lost during the migration. For me, since 2014, all are perished, those who had a transmitter. Only Mare and Karula are still alive.
asteria

Post by asteria »

Liz01 wrote: October 17th, 2019, 8:22 am asteria, :hi: most of data does not belong to the migration. We document how many are lost during the migration. For me, since 2014, all are perished, those who had a transmitter. Only Mare and Karula are still alive.
How about Lodka from Dab nest, 2018? Was she also perished?
Solo

Post by Solo »

asteria wrote: October 17th, 2019, 8:28 am How about Lodka from Dab nest, 2018? Was she also perished?
Asteria, prof. Zielinski wrote to me, her transmitter failed. So who know :puzzled:
Solo

Post by Solo »

asteria wrote: October 17th, 2019, 8:07 am This year at least 16 BS were perished from February till the middle of October, from Maru to Oru. ...
Asteria,
- you mixed here storklet who died already before fledging and storklet who fledged and died next, during migration
- we haven't info about storklets from Puscza Notecka and 2 from Makov (only one send data from the trio) if they are still allive (also about Gwalbert - Dab-nest)
asteria

Post by asteria »

My list contains all the storks lost this year, not only the migrating ones. -16 And all the storklets, successfully grew up and fledged this year. +9

As Lodka's transmitter failed, there is no info she is dead, so she may be considered as alive. There is a pretty long list of the birds with not-working transmitters who turned out to be OK.
Solo

Post by Solo »

Liz01 wrote: October 17th, 2019, 8:22 am asteria, :hi: most of data does not belong to the migration. We document how many are lost during the migration. For me, since 2014, all are perished, those who had a transmitter. Only Mare and Karula are still alive.
Liz, these are data only from gorismap and birdmap - it is good to writing that (and how much storks were tagged); they are also other BS with transmitter (or data from ring recovery), but yes, the lost is very, very, very high :bow:
Solo

Post by Solo »

asteria wrote: October 17th, 2019, 8:43 am There is a pretty long list of the birds with not-working transmitters who turned out to be OK.
I am not sure if this list is long, but yes, it is true that we have more storks (birds) who where seen back on their nest
jeejee

Post by jeejee »

asteria wrote: October 17th, 2019, 8:07 am This year at least 16 BS were perished from February till the middle of October, from Maru to Oru.
Maru
Karl
Tobias
all the four storklets of Sara and Elias
all the four storklets of Karl 2 and Kati
Woodek
one storklet from Dab nest
all the three storklets of Eedi

and only 9 new storklets fledged and flew away:
three storklets from Dab nest
three storklets from Puszcza Notecka
three storklets of Tonik and Tonichka
Gemenc 2019: they started breeding in 28 nest, storklet flew from 6 nest, totaling 14 birds
Béda-Karapancsa:10 nest, storklet flew from 3 nest,totaling 5 birds
Solo

Post by Solo »

storklet (hatched 2019) 19126 - today morning update
previous info: viewtopic.php?p=697520#p697520

storklet is on the way to south
west from town Qaa in Baalbek-Hermel Governorate, Lebanon - northern Beqaa Valley (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qaa)
(localisation is in the area Tallet el Assouad - a hill in Lebanon, the peak of Tallet el Assouad is 759 meters above sea level)

big photo: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1 ... Fh6pk=h720
berns

Post by berns »

It’s very sad, but such is life, every day we lose someone and something, maybe we don’t need to take everything close, honestly, I can’t. Or maybe the birds don’t have to wear transmitters at all, but only ring around ?. I do not know many questions, but there is no answer. Birds. after departure from the nests, they encounter many dangers and anxieties on their way, this is hunger, these are hunters, hunters of transmitters. These are birds of prey and animals. I do not know what is better and what is bad. In these few days, several days have passed from the death of Aru and the death of Oru, and that’s all. What a void inside.
But, only one thing I understood was that these deaths united us all, we began to understand more that we are responsible for life, we are all different - but we love these birds and animals. Thank you for all the Good People. Thank you for what you are doing. Thank you for finding you all.
Solo

Post by Solo »

storklet (hatched 2019) 19126 - today morning update
map - migration path to date (FB Libor Šejna, the head the RS)

and more photos with all black storks siblings https://www.facebook.com/liborZmakova/p ... &__tn__=-R
Solo

Post by Solo »

jeejee wrote: October 17th, 2019, 9:02 am Gemenc 2019: they started breeding in 28 nest, storklet flew from 6 nest, totaling 14 birds
Béda-Karapancsa:10 nest, storklet flew from 3 nest,totaling 5 birds
pls always also the source
this info is already here (by Solo » 24 Jul 2019, 16:01) : viewtopic.php?p=680217#p680217

(btw. that is migration thread)
Dagmar

Post by Dagmar »

Good Morning.
I'm glad to finally have found the site where I find information about Eedi and Makov storks. I have not written for a long time, but I read every day about the migration of Karl's family. I am very sad about the death of Aru and Oru. But I do not want to write about it here.

I would like to thank Asteria for listing the perished black storks and those who are still on their way to their winter quarters. Because I had no information on the other black storks on the side of Karl's family, and just now discovered this site, this is valuable information for me.
Thank you Asteria!
Solo

Post by Solo »

Dagmar wrote: October 17th, 2019, 11:12 am I would like to thank Asteria for listing the perished black storks and those who are still on their way to their winter quarters. ..
welcome Dagmar :gathering:

here in this thread we following BS on their migration way from Karula NP (adult male EEDI), storklet from CZ, adult male from HU and young BS from Poland (thanx Hana)

perished on autumn migration in season 2019/2020
- 2 storklet from Poland - one "at home", other in Romania (+ Karula NP: Aru and Oru, yet unknown reason)

perished on spring migration in season 2018/2019:
- PL, young stork Woodek /already at home :bow: - in Poland, unknown reason (+ Karula NP: adult male Karl - in Lebanon, unknown reason)

Dagmar, if you read back, they are information here about (very bad) situation with Polish tagged storklets in previous years and similary very bad situation with storklets from Latvia in previous years

btw. you are the "owl" Dagmar?

Return to “Migration Maps and News”