Tõnn's Travels

Migration Maps, Tõnn, Greater Spotted Eagle and Black Storks
sova

Re: Tõnn's Travels

Post by sova »

Hellem

Post by Hellem »

21.10 - +83 km (distance 3083 km), Tõnn flew to the south direction and sent data near Les Pujols, probably from his today's overnight place in a nice forest, tomorrow the Pyrenees are waiting 8-)

sova :wave:, good night
sova

Post by sova »

Hellem .... wish you a good night :wave:
sova

Post by sova »

sova

Post by sova »

pica

Post by pica »

:hi: good monday all

thank you sova, hellem and Lusciniole. Tönn is in a real paradise.

I have no new data from the observers in france and andorra. don't you think Tönn should visit andorra this year - the explorer was not there in the past :D

wish you all a very good week 8-)
sigge

Post by sigge »

DanielD wrote: October 21st, 2018, 6:58 pm Sorry i have an account and i can see everything on my computer but the link does'nt work :vangry:
It can be seen fine with comments if going via the homepage :D
https://www.faune-tarn-aveyron.org/inde ... Format=XLS

It surely sounds like a GSE but the last part that..
Well, this is really difficult even for the best experts, guess only good pictures can give some clue :unsure:
Lusciniole

Post by Lusciniole »

sigge wrote: October 22nd, 2018, 8:02 pm It can be seen fine with comments if going via the homepage :D
https://www.faune-tarn-aveyron.org/inde ... Format=XLS

It surely sounds like a GSE but the last part that..
Well, this is really difficult even for the best experts, guess only good pictures can give some clue :unsure:
Amaury Calvet: He thinks it's not Tönn but a younger."10h59-11h19. Young greater spotted eagle in active migration (NE> SW). Comes in flaping fly. Harrassed by a Crow and a Kestrel (Falco tinnunculus)."
He then gives a description of the colors.
Cédric Mroczko: He says Tönn was disturbed by the hunt. He saw it pass in front of him, in the fog,at the height of trees, towards the south. Then the hunters saw it go west.He specifies the exact location and thinks that Tönn may have stopped or continued...
I sent a message to the Ornithological Group of Roussillon (GOR) to warn that Tönn is coming.
Good evening at all! :wave:
Hellem

Post by Hellem »

22.10 new update - +164 km, Au revoir France, Hola España, Tõnn crossed the Pyrenees, flew to south and sent data from his overnight place near Grevalosa in Catalonia, Spain :D
sova

Post by sova »

Guten Morgen an alle :hi:
Hellem wrote: October 22nd, 2018, 11:25 pm 22.10 new update - +164 km, Au revoir France, Hola España, Tõnn crossed the Pyrenees, flew to south and sent data from his overnight place near Grevalosa in Catalonia, Spain :D

sova

Post by sova »

pica

Post by pica »

hello dear all :wave:

unfortunately no reporting of the birdwatchers in france, andorra and catalunya. but I guess, that we will be soon informed, when Tönn will reach his winter residence today or tomorrow :mrgreen:
sigge

Post by sigge »

Beautiful :D

Wow, crossing the Pyrenees just like that..
Think if he had a videocam on the back, that would be spectacular :mrgreen:

Look for reports here: https://www.ornitho.cat/index.php?m_id=1
In Spain many uses eBird: https://ebird.org/map/grseag1?neg=true& ... 0&eyr=2018
(you need cookies on for eBird)
Well Observation.org is world wide too:https://observation.org/soort/view/225? ... how_zero=1
Hellem

Post by Hellem »

23.10 - +18 km (distance 3265 km), Tõnn continued his way, he flew to the SW direction and sent data near L'Aubreda in Catalonia
sova

Post by sova »

Hellem wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 3:04 pm 23.10 - +18 km (distance 3265 km), Tõnn continued his way, he flew to the SW direction and sent data near L'Aubreda in Catalonia

pica

Post by pica »

hi and thank you all for updates and more :hi:

sigge thank you for your links.
please, we shall not abuse of Tönn. he is already back-packer and a vid-cam on him could be sometimes too much :mrgreen: most probably you will find some videos on YT to fly over the pyrenees.
concerning observations:
in france I use both; ornitho and faune-france. now in catalunya ornitho.cat, where I could also find about andorra (if there were...). thank you for the link to ebird. Tönn will not appear there. they only list LSE + hybrid + indian GSE. sova (correct me if I’m wrong) gave us the moovebank. but I’m not happy there. it is mainly based on studies and they are often not of the current period. observation: I have to try it out. so I prefer „public viewing“. real fanatics like us :headroll: and local groups with own internet sites informing the newspapers. because there I can catch them :nod:

wish you all a very nice evening :wave:
Hellem

Post by Hellem »

23.10 The second update - +139 km, Tõnn continued his travel and stopped for a night near Mas de Barberans in Catalonia, Spain (distance 3404 km)
sova

Post by sova »

Good morning to all :hi:
Hellem wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 11:29 pm 23.10 The second update - +139 km, Tõnn continued his travel and stopped for a night near Mas de Barberans in Catalonia, Spain (distance 3404 km)

Hellem

Post by Hellem »

:wave:

24.10 - +41 km, Tõnn flew to the SW direction, he is on the way and sent data near Sant Mateu in Spain
sova

Post by sova »

:hi:
Hellem wrote: October 24th, 2018, 4:03 pm :wave:
24.10 - +41 km, Tõnn flew to the SW direction, he is on the way and sent data near Sant Mateu in Spain

Return to “Migration Maps and News”