Janne+Ais

Re: Migration Map

Post by Janne+Ais »

@Solo
Thanks also from me! Interesting!
balistar

Post by balistar »

Solo wrote: October 19th, 2018, 12:47 am :hi: Balistar and all,
today second update - MARKUS arrived safely to his wintering area - Lefini river :loveshower:

:hi: Solo,

i am so glad, now also MARKUS has reached his beautiful looking wintering area :loveshower:
Thanks very much, Solo.

I would also be very happy to see new data of our Youngsters, Vova and Elena.
We can only stay calm and wait and hope they are fine.
Solo

Post by Solo »

balistar wrote: October 19th, 2018, 3:15 pm ... i am so glad, now also MARKUS has reached his beautiful looking wintering area :loveshower: ... I would also be very happy to see new data of our Youngsters, Vova and Elena.
We can only stay calm and wait and hope they are fine.
Youngsters :puzzled: (Age at first breeding: 3-5 years)
VOVA: The male of Osprey Vova lives at Osvejskij reserve at northern Belarus. In 2018 he occupied artificial nest platform as the natural nest fell in 2017 but in 2018 breeding was successful. This year birds grew up three chicks. ... 2018 autmn migration started in 1st of September (birdmap)
ELENA: The female of Osprey Elena lives at Velikij Moh high bog at northern Belarus. In 2018 she has two chicks, in 2017 there were three chicks in this nest. (birdmap)

I hope all are fine and these two are only in (still unknown) area without GSM coverage
I very miss new data about Kalle :bow:
:wave:
Treia

Post by Treia »

:hi:
Now "my" GreatBittern05 is got stuck there in Latvia,
because the latest update is 30.09.2018!

BirdMap tells:
Female BITT05 was caught on June 29, 2017 in Kandava County at the same pound where male BITT01 was caught last year. Until October 27 she stayed within the borders of County and visited several small wetlands within it. Later on she went to Poland and on mid-November from there started long way to her wintering places. Up to now this is a bird with most interesting and unique migration route and wintering site. After leaving Poland she crossed Europe to its South, then crossed Mediterranean Sea, went to Africa and then crossed Sahara desert. Migrations stopped when she reached the River Niger in Mali. From satellite maps one can see that landscape there is still quite arid. However it seems that the River Niger provides plenty of streams and waterbodies of different size which can sustain our BITT05 bird for her winter needs.
balistar

Post by balistar »

Solo wrote: October 19th, 2018, 3:35 pm Youngsters :puzzled: (Age at first breeding: 3-5 years)
VOVA: The male of Osprey Vova lives at Osvejskij reserve at northern Belarus. In 2018 he occupied artificial nest platform as the natural nest fell in 2017 but in 2018 breeding was successful. This year birds grew up three chicks. ... 2018 autmn migration started in 1st of September (birdmap)
ELENA: The female of Osprey Elena lives at Velikij Moh high bog at northern Belarus. In 2018 she has two chicks, in 2017 there were three chicks in this nest. (birdmap)

I hope all are fine and these two are only in (still unknown) area without GSM coverage
I very miss new data about Kalle :bow:
Hi Solo,
ooops, no Youngsters? i thought i've read somewhere, they both were first-time-breeders.
Thank you for enlightenment :D

I hope also Kalle is fine and sends new data soon.
Treia

Post by Treia »

Hey all :wave:

Because I have sometimes watched also this topic, it came to mind to ask that which birds are flying on this page?
Tönn has his own site, but maybe and for example Cranes? Eagles? Great Bitterns? Ospreys?
And maybe all the rest who do not have their own chain?
Bea

Post by Bea »

°°°°°°°°°°°

Hello Treia,

this topic has already over 80 pages, so I think people know how to post here about those birds on the birdmap without own topic :nod:
At least they knew it in the past :wink:

It is different every migration season, some seasons here are more posts, on others less posts about birds and their migration routes.
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Bea

Post by Bea »

°°°°°°

26. October

Crane migration

My first look at the birdmap today gave me a little shock, but then a good laugh :laugh:

At first sight I thought that Uko, a crane who was supposed to take the eastern migration route and had changed his mind and went to the western route, had vanished from the map, but then I realized that he had left his last position in Poland ... and has not continued to migrate on the western route, but decided to return to the eastern route and has now met all the other (eastern) cranes at Hortobágy-Nationalpark in Hungary :laugh:

What an unexpected progress :D

Bea

Post by Bea »

°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Paslepa seemed to continue her route, but then also changed her/his mind and flew back, current position is in France, not that far from Metz, enjoying the wetland of Etang de Bischwald

Bea

Post by Bea »

°°°°°°

Loode made the most progress and is already in South of Spain, not far from the border to Portugal

Bea

Post by Bea »

°°°°°°°°°

26. October

Greater spotted Eagle migration

Having a look at all the GSE on the birdmap we can see that some of them have already reached Africa, that some are still on their way, and that Tõnn is already not that far from his wintering grounds at El Hondo, Spain.

Pille, who took a more eastern route, is still in Russia, area Korobkin, seems to have found a nice place for a longer break .... maybe still thinking about the best way to get around Black Sea? :whistling:

sova

Post by sova »

Bea wrote: October 26th, 2018, 2:17 pm °°°°°°°°°
Pille, who took a more eastern route, is still in Russia, area Korobkin, seems to have found a nice place for a longer break .... maybe still thinking about the best way to get around Black Sea? :whistling:

https://up.picr.de/34172123il.jpg

https://up.picr.de/34172124xp.jpg
Pille I watch all the time and wonder if he wants to hibernate there? :D
sova

Post by sova »

:hi:

After this line there is Pille on 07.10. arrived in this region (Korobkin).

Let's see if she keeps flying
sova

Post by sova »

Good morning to all :hi:

Solo, when you are back ....
Markus has new data, but he is now in his holiday home

Lusciniole

Post by Lusciniole »

:hi: Hello all!
Today I went to "Lac du Der", 100 kilometers from home. This is the most southerly place where Paslepa went few days ago. 36 000 cranes were counted this morning... I did not see any backpack on one of her :D
The wind was very strong and they had to fight to go on the islands of the lake to spend the night.

Good evening!
Hellem

Post by Hellem »

Lusciniole :wave: very nice pictures, thank you :thumbs: , also crane Loode stopped a little on Lac du Der but crane Paslepa has found now another nice area in France near Etang du Bischwald :D
sova

Post by sova »

Pille
new data - same place

Lusciniole :thumbs:
sova

Post by sova »

30.Okt.
Good Morning :hi:

Markus stays in his living room

sova

Post by sova »

the picture of 27.10.
and the picture from 29.10.

It has not changed much .... or am I wrong? :puzzled:
Solo

Post by Solo »

sova wrote: October 28th, 2018, 10:43 am...Solo, when you are back ...
:hi: Sova, I am on the way to my home - morning I am back :shake:
sova wrote: October 30th, 2018, 10:12 am ... It has not changed much .... or am I wrong?
MARKUS: 27.10. - 8125km, 29.10. - 8128km, plus 3km :headroll:
I miss data about Kalle (last data 06.10.2018) and the 2 new ospreys - Vova (29.09.2018) and Elena (13.09.2018) :bow:

Return to “Migration Maps and News”