Following Karls' Families

Migration Maps, Tõnn, Greater Spotted Eagle and Black Storks
sova

Re: Following Karls' Families

Post by sova »

:hi: Hello everybody

Maybe Karl II will stay a little longer in the current location. The weather is not ideal. Strong westerly winds, some snow.

Karl II (08.04.)
Tereshivtsi, Khmelnytskyi Oblast

Temperatures; 03 ° - 05 ° (2 m) / -1 ° - 2 ° (500 m)
Precipitation;
0.6 cm (snow) - 11:00
0.9 cm (snow) – 14:00
0.4 cm (snow) – 17:00

Cloud cover; almost 40% - 80%
Humidity; 70% / 50%
Air pressure; 1016/1017 hPa

wind

10:00
Wind; 10 m - W (24 km / h)
Wind; 100 m - W (30 km / h)
Wind; 250 m - W (30 km / h)
Wind; 500 m - W (30 km / h)

16:00
Wind; 10 m - W (22 km / h)
Wind; 100 m - W (30 km / h)
Wind; 250 m - W (32 km / h)
Wind; 500 m - W (30 km / h)
asteria

Post by asteria »

Maybe KarlII moves to Poland with such winds :rotf:
sova

Post by sova »

asteria wrote: April 8th, 2021, 4:59 pm Maybe KarlII moves to Poland with such winds :rotf:
No, for Poland he would need an east wind :D
balistar

Post by balistar »

:hi: everyone,

what had i said ? :mrgreen:
balistar wrote: April 7th, 2021, 12:35 pm ....
asteria , you might be right, TIMMU will make the race
- although, last update of EEDI is from 04.04.2021 in Belarus..... he might be much further already.....
and now:
sova wrote: April 8th, 2021, 10:51 am Eedi is in Karl's Nest
:loveshower:

Although, TIMMU's last birdmap update is of the 06.04.2021..... meanwhile he might be at home, too :-)

What a nice favour EEDI did to us, making a visit in the Karls' nest, showing up just when the cam went online :headroll: - this is a great start in the season.

Sova, thanks for the latest weather/wind updates, concerning KARL II's flight conditions :thumbs:

Hopefully the weather will soon allow also KARL II and AUDA to continue their way back home.
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

KARL II

Tracker map 07.04 - 08.04.21

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... sp=sharing

I believe that Karl got a message from Eedi that his nest is well and ready and will surprise us every day. If I read right, Karl is in Belarus now.
Proud member of SHoW (StorkaHolics of the World)
Anne7

Post by Anne7 »

Hello, everyone :wave:

Sova, thanks a lot for the weather!

Thank you, Juta :wave: :D

Today, KARL II flew 266 km, and is indeed in southern Belarus!
He is a little north of the village Pribolovichi, Lelchitsy Distric, just across the border.

“Lyelchytsy District or Lieĺčycki Rajon (Belarusian: Лельчыцкі раён, romanized: Lieĺčycki rajon; Russian: Лельчицкий район, romanized: Lel'chitskiy rayon) is a district (raion) of Belarus located in the Gomel Region. Its administrative center is Lieĺčycki.
The area of the district is 3,221 km2. The district is heavily forested and wet, with 69.5% forest land cover and 11.1% marsh land cover as of 2010.:thumbs:

KARL II seems to have a good transmitter: the battery level is still 100% :2thumbsup:

His departure, after breakfast, around 10:15, in Ukraine

And his arrival near the village Pribolovichi, in Belarus
“Clearly, animals know more than we think, and think a great deal more than we know.”
— Irene Pepperberg
Anne7

Post by Anne7 »

KARL II will spend the night in this forest, close to Pribolovichi

Pribolovichi
https://goo.gl/maps/e2N87479ovJoTi2XA

"Near the southern edge of the Pripyat National Park in Belarus, a few kilometers from the border with Ukraine, lies the Lelchytsy village of Prybalovichi." (GT)
© https://www.sb.by/articles/prybalavichy ... adzib.html

“Pripyatsky National Park or Pripyat National Park in a natural reserve in Gomel Region, Belarus. It was founded in 1996 for preservation of natural landscapes around the Pripyat River from which it takes its name. Much of the park's area is occupied by turf swamps.” :thumbs:

Good night :wave:
“Clearly, animals know more than we think, and think a great deal more than we know.”
— Irene Pepperberg
balistar

Post by balistar »

Thank you, juta and Anne :wave:

juta, "...Karl got a message from Eedi that his nest is well and ready..." :mrgreen: :thumbs:
Michi

Post by Michi »

juta wrote: April 8th, 2021, 10:48 pm ...
I believe that Karl got a message from Eedi that his nest is well and ready and will surprise us every day. If I read right, Karl is in Belarus now.
:laugh: Many thanks, Juta! This is good news! :D

Thank you very much, Anne, for the details of Karl II's flight! He flew in a very straight line today without any detours. :thumbs: I am relieved that Karl II made good progress today.
sova

Post by sova »

09. April

Good morning to all

Juta, Anne .... thank you very much

Anne7 wrote: April 8th, 2021, 10:51 pm ...
The district is heavily forested and wet, with 69.5% forest land cover and 11.1% marsh land cover as of 2010.:thumbs:
well ... then we can wait a little longer until Karl II comes home. :D

:hi: Michi, Balistar
sova

Post by sova »

Karl II (08.04.) - 7311 km
Auda (08.04.) - 6408 km

Eedi and Timmu are at home - no more data

ImageImage
Anne7

Post by Anne7 »

Hello everyone :hi:

Many thanks, Balistar, Michi and Sova. :wave:

Sorry, I realise I am behind with the work, but I am not feeling very well at the moment and have little energy.

BIRDMAP OVERVIEW

KARULA
• Karula perished on 25.03.2021 near Altınekin, Konya Province in Turkey.

KARL II
• Previous data: 06.04.2021, distance 7050 km (+7 km in 1 days), same area, near the village Tereshivtsi, in the Khmelnytskyi Oblast in Ukraine.
NEW data: 08.04.2021, distance 7311 km (+261km in 2 days), travelling, near the village Pribolovichi, in Belarus.

EEDI
• Previous data: 04.04.2021, distance 5124 km (+543 km in 4 days), near Borki, and a little north of Telyakovo, Minsk Oblast, Belarus
NEW data: 07.04.2021, distance 5656 km (+532 km in 3days).
Eedi reached Estonia. :thumbs: During breeding time no locations will be shown on the public map.

TIMMU
• Previous data: 06.04.2021, distance 6704 km (+298 km in 1 day), travelling, northwest of the little town Mazsalaca, Latvia, - about 15 km south of the Estonian border
NEW data: 07.04.2021, distance 6737 km (+33 km in 1 day)
Timmu reached Estonia. :thumbs: During breeding time no locations will be shown on the public map.

VEDRU
• Previous data: 30.11.2020, distance 6010 km (+741 km in 4 days), in the Eastern Desert, near the National forest Mangam Al Fawakheer, El Qoseir in Egypt
• NO NEW data.

AUDA
• Previous data: 05.04.2021, distance 6337 km (+95 km in 2 days), travelling, north of Yambol in Bulgaria
NEW data: 08.04.2021, distance 6408 km (+71 km in 3 days), travelling, near Kamenari, Veliko Tarnovo Province, Bulgaria

OVERVIEW

KARL II

AUDA
Auda is still in Bulgaria :puzzled:
"The village Kamenari (Veliko Turnovo District) is located in North-Central Bulgaria and is included in the Municipality Elena. It is situated on the Stara Planina mountain, 15 km away from the municipal center town Elena and 60 km from the town Sliven. 5 km from Kamenari is the dam of Palitsi which make the area a perfect place if you would like to escape from the busy roads and noisy cities, go fishing or just relax in well-preserved nature and in the fresh air."
— Irene Pepperberg
Anne7

Post by Anne7 »

TRACKER MAP
Karl II_April 9

:headroll:

Today, KARL II flew 393 km :thumbs:
He is almost in Latvia. :D

He is close to the village Yun'ki, a little east of the city Pastavy, in the Vitebsk Region in Belarus

Pastavy (Belarusian: Паставы, Lithuanian: Pastovys, Russian: Поставы, Polish: Postawy) is a city in the Vitebsk Region of Belarus, an administrative center of Pastavy District.

His battery is still at 100%

Karl II started to travel very early, today.

His arrival
— Irene Pepperberg
asteria

Post by asteria »

So he may reach home tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.
Anne7

Post by Anne7 »

asteria wrote: April 9th, 2021, 11:20 pm So he may reach home tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.
:nod: :D

KARL II's night area.

— Irene Pepperberg
aquiline

Post by aquiline »

393 km - it is so amazing what birds are able to :2thumbsup:
Michi

Post by Michi »

Anne7 wrote: April 9th, 2021, 10:40 pm .
TRACKER MAP
Karl II_April 9

Today, KARL II flew 393 km : thumbs:
He is almost in Latvia. :D
:loveshower:
Now Karl II is in a hurry. :D
According to the data from the Birdmap and today's Trackermap, he has flown 7704 km so far. That is - in relation to the current position of Karl II - several hundred kilometres more than I would have expected.
I believe he will arrive at Karula national park by Sunday morning at the latest. :)

Anne, :wave: I'm very grateful for what you are doing here, - and that even when you are not well. Thanks a lot and get well soon! :2thumbsup:

Edit: According to the new Birdmap update (see below), Karl II has covered 7697 km.
balistar

Post by balistar »

:hi: juta, Michi, Sova, asteria, Anne, aquiline and Jo,

How nice, now also TIMMU has reached home.

Wow - 393 km !! Now KARL II - after recieving the message from EEDI ( juta :wave: ) - accelerates :laugh:
If he will fly further with this speed he will be at home tomorrow :mrgreen:

Concerning AUDA, i hope he is just taking a little break, a stop-over, where he is currently and may continue the flight when he filled up his ressources.

Dear Anne,
many thanks for providing the birdmap overview, the tracker maps, pictures, descriptions etc. - despite you're not feeling well today !
Wish you feeling better very soon. Have a good cup of herbal tea and a good long, relaxing sleep :wave:
Michi

Post by Michi »

There's a brand new Birdmap update for KARL II

Previous data: 08.04.2021, distance 7311 km (+261 km in 2 days), travelling, near the village Pribolovichi, in Belarus.

NEW data: 09.04.2021, distance: 7697 km (+ 386 km in 1 day), travelling, close to the small village Yun'ki, a little east of the city Pastavy, in the Vitebsk Region in northern Belarus.

Balistar :wave:
balistar

Post by balistar »

Thank you, Michi, for the birdmap update :thumbs:

I haven't seen your first post while i was writing mine ( i'm always so sloooow :laugh: )

Have a good night :wave:

Return to “Migration Maps and News”