Peregrine Falcon Slechtvalk on Beleef de Lente

Hobbies, Kestrels
Bleggi

Peregrine Falcon Slechtvalk on Beleef de Lente

Post by Bleggi »

http://www.beleefdelente.nl/vogel/slechtvalk

Here we can watch the Slechtvalk - Peregrine day and night.
Thank you, Jo, for giving us this side for watching and talking about this birds and also to show pictures of them.
Bleggi :wave:
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

This are pictures from yesterday. I met the falcons in the morningtime and it was great to watch them while greeting - talking together before one of them left again.

Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

23:45
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

0:45

Bosuil

Post by Bosuil »

First egg here as well:

Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

15.03.2012 20:13 eyes open
eyes closed
0:35
16.03.2012 9:45

Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

No news about more eggs etc. Both of the falcons where here just now and one of them is still here. Perhaps today/tonight we will see a new egg? Lets cross our fingers for the birds having luck.
Bleggi :hi:
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

:wave:

Mother peregrine falcon sleeps as the city lays lighted in the night beyond. One egg has been laid.
Kitty KCMO
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

I read yesterday that Peregrine Falcons have 3-4 eggs in the last thirds of march - then 29 days of hatching.
This egg that is laid is from 16th of March and today we have the 27th - no more eggs in the meantime. I dont know how it will continue (nobody will know it, of course) - I have never followed falcons life before. Will see what is happening. I keep my fingers crossed for the birds :hi:
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Bleggi wrote:I read yesterday that Peregrine Falcons have 3-4 eggs in the last thirds of march - then 29 days of hatching.
This egg that is laid is from 16th of March and today we have the 27th - no more eggs in the meantime. I dont know how it will continue (nobody will know it, of course) - I have never followed falcons life before. Will see what is happening. I keep my fingers crossed for the birds :hi:
It seems the female is inexperienced and as only one egg laid,I wonder if the nesting will go ahead. :puzzled:
Most falcon nests in Europe have several eggs already.
There are lots of video clips posted there next to the cam but I don't understand whats going on.
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

In the morning it seems to be hopeless to get more eggs
before 14:16
whats going on - am I seeing right?
:loveshower: 2 eggs

01.04.2012 10:30 breeding?
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

picture of 18:45 3 eggs :loveshower:
Image Image
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Good Bleggi,now the nesting is going better.
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

The falcon is sitting on the eggs - the adults change for breeding. I hope there will come at least two babies out of the three eggs. The first egg was laying very long before the next one came.
Image :hi:
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

BLeggi,

Expert people I know say that the falcon will start incubation when the last egg is laid.

Emily Dickinson
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

macdoum wrote:BLeggi,
Expert people I know say that the falcon will start incubation when the last egg is laid.
macdoum - I only asked myself if the first laid egg is still okay when the distance of the laid eggs is so long. We will see.... it was only a down written question of myself
Greetings Bleggi :hi:
leonia

Post by leonia »

Does anyone understand what happened there during the last days (and nights)? Have they already started incubating and than they leave the eggs alone for hours? :puzzled:
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

leonia wrote:Does anyone understand what happened there during the last days (and nights)? Have they already started incubating and than they leave the eggs alone for hours? :puzzled:
LeoniaI know that there have been several intruders at the nestbox...with fights between the ? females. :shock:
Emily Dickinson
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

I dont know what is happening with the Peregrine Falcon. I know that there are many fights - but sometimes I think there is another Falcon in the nest most of the time and this one doesnt like to sit on the eggs. So there was a break in breeding (is it the right word for it?). This afternoon it looked like she was sitting right but later on she changed ...
Image Image

Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

I dont know at all whats going on in this nest. Today the falcon kicked one egg away. There is also a video on the falcon-side. The picture is of today 21:45. I am a bit sad about all I dont understand. But its life...

edit: 4th May 2012
This morning I have seen that the eggs are put together again and the falcon is sitting on them. On a video I saw that the falcon has needed three times to put the lonely egg back. Was he angry yesterday about the husband or that there are no babies coming :bounce: ? Or doesn't hubby bring enough to eat? The little owls are collecting meikever for eating - will not be the right meal for the falcons.
I cannot imagine that there will be young falcons this year, but who knows? :puzzled: :faint:

Return to “Falcons”