Petition About Nimetu, from Dr. Madis's topic.

Petitions and campaigns
Eden

Re: Petition About Nimetu, from Dr. Madis's topic.

Post by Eden »

Very interesting:
http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com ... oing-this/
One of the problems seems to be that Nagaland where the massacre happen, is operating in autonomy and New Delhi has little influence.
One planet meets another. Planet 1 says to Planet 2, “Hey you look terrible”. Planet 2 says, “Yes I know. I have Homo Sapiens.” Planet 1 says, “Don’t worry. I had that too and it will soon disappear.
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

I saw something about the massacre of the falcons, then somehow I lost the link I was on, possibly because the language wasn't English and the page translator wouldn't work. I must have accidently closed the page. I will search for it on here.

I have also been watching Sea Shepherd and saw two separate incidents where Japanese dolphin killers were rounding up pods of dolphins, all being shown on live streaming video from Sea Shepherd. Twice in one week in Taiji, Japan, in the "killing cove". My heart broke, over and over.

They take the little babies and put them back out into the ocean, alone, without their mothers to care for them, too. The babies will surely die out there alone. How can people be so cruel? And treat dolphins and wales like a piece of wood with no brains or thoughts or feelings? They are so intelligent and sweet to mankind and this is what they get in return? Killed as a "delicacy " (special very expensive treat) food? Nobody needs to eat dolphins! :cry: :cry: :cry:
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

asteria wrote:WTE also kill young cygnets, ducks and rabbits too(Linda and Sulev brought cygnets to their eaglets) not saying about pigeons, that is why I suspected farmers or pigeon owners from the very beginning. They are really mad about birds of prey. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Yes, Eden, you are correct and I forgot. I think other birds make up 1% of WTE diet. I am so sorry you had to see that happen. I saw one on video hunting ducks out over the water.

One of the bald eagles I watched last year - the mother eagle brought in a live barn owl. I couldn't watch and had to close the page. :cry:
Eden

Post by Eden »

Chimega wrote: Yes, Eden, you are correct ....
Asteria wrote this post :wave:
One planet meets another. Planet 1 says to Planet 2, “Hey you look terrible”. Planet 2 says, “Yes I know. I have Homo Sapiens.” Planet 1 says, “Don’t worry. I had that too and it will soon disappear.
Eden

Post by Eden »

Chimega wrote: And treat dolphins and wales like a piece of wood with no brains or thoughts or feelings? They are so intelligent and sweet to mankind and this is what they get in return? Killed as a "delicacy " (special very expensive treat) food? Nobody needs to eat dolphins!
Einstein said:
"If the bee disappears from the surface of the earth, man would have no more than four years to live."
Following this citation, I read:
when the last whale dies, man will follow soon.
I’m very sure that we will be successful, sooner or later.
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

Eden wrote:Asteria wrote this post :wave:
I'm very sorry. :blush: Too much on my mind. :slap:
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

Eden wrote: Einstein said:
"If the bee disappears from the surface of the earth, man would have no more than four years to live."
Following this citation, I read:
when the last whale dies, man will follow soon.
I’m very sure that we will be successful, sooner or later.
All of the above is true. :cry:

I don't know, exactly where that last part comes from because I googled it and came up with things but not exactly that phrase. But I did find some things.
Song Of The World's Last Whale by Pete Seeger
http://www.lyricstime.com/pete-seeger-s ... yrics.html

ERIC FISH TO THE LAST WHALE LYRICS
http://www.gugalyrics.com/ERIC-FISH-TO- ... CS/223284/
Eden

Post by Eden »

Wonderful lyrics.

Do you know that:
On whales, there is the myth that they carry the earth on their back.

A wonderful imagination, if there were no people on this earth.
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

I don't think I have heard that myth before, but it's a good one and food for a lot of thought. Without them, we are doomed, I think. So, yes, they do carry the world on their back, in a way. For without them, we will not survive. Without them, the orcas, dolphins, porpoise, manatee, seals, walrus and all the other sea mammals and fish - they support the major part of the earth by creating a balance that nothing else can replace. And it hurts me, so much, to see what man has done and what man is doing now. Killing, killing, killing, just for sport, money, stupid myths like supposed aphrodisiacs and special treats.
Manu

Post by Manu »

1246 signatures :thumbs:

Link to the petition:
http://www.change.org/petitions/ministr ... gle-nimeta
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

1258 have signed. :thumbs:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
Starling

Post by Starling »

Eden wrote:“However, hunting in Nagaland has been an issue for many years and shifting deep-seated cultural perspectives is likely to be a lengthy process.”
...So, I think too, it will be a long way and not too much will happen until next year.
I still hope the Indian Government and BirdLife will be successful.
Any idea what we could do beside give a donation to Birdlife? (is done)
:wave: Eden & others.
I noticed from another forum that there´s also a petition for the Amur falcons in India. Please sign:
https://www.change.org/en-IN/petitions/ ... land-india
Eden

Post by Eden »

Thanks for the link, Starling :wave:

At least, this petiton is directed to the responsible Minister, I’ve seen another one which is supposed to go to the President of India, who takes mainly ceremonial functions... :slap:
I have signed and I’m curious how many signatures they will get... Probably they will need at least 50.000 to achieve an effect... Do you know when the petition started?

Edit: obviously they started 11 days ago.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Liis

Post by Liis »

New information on LK front page: investigation - "mistakenly assumed to be closed" - into the killing of Nimetu goes on! http://www.looduskalender.ee/node/15107

Translation coming.

EDIT Translation at http://www.looduskalender.ee/en/node/15114. Not much news but at least investigation is not closed.

(Sorry, thought I had put up the link last night but somehow the edit addition got lost)
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

1267! Still tweeting on twitter but I don't think any of those people have signed. I don't get it since they are following things like the dolphin slaughter in Taiji, Japan. <sigh> I am trying.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Webmaster says that we should keep this topic and the petition open. The pubicity remains useful to the cause.
Nilla

Post by Nilla »

Thanks Jo Uk and Liis for the english version of Urmas's radio interview :nod:
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

1278 people have signed,to date. :nod: :thumbs:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

FROM THE LATEST ARTICLE:
"We have to do with a complicated investigation. In the X-ray images small metal fragments can be seen in the tissues of the bird but according to the experts’ estimate it is not possible to extract them and analyse them further. Consequently it cannot be stated with what weapon or ammunition the shooting was done. No bullets or shot have been found in the carcass of the eagle."

They keep saying there are metal fragments and I have seen the x-ray and seen those fragments. Then they say no bullets or shot have been found in the carcass. So if these are not shot, what are these metal fragments?

This is an x-ray of a seal pup with "metal fragments" in it's face. What is the difference between this and what was found in Nimeta and why are they different and can't prove death by gunshot in Nimeta's case?

Return to “Petitions - Important Notes for Nature Lovers”