Petition About Nimetu, from Dr. Madis's topic.

Petitions and campaigns
Eden

Re: Petition About Nimetu, from Dr. Madis's topic.

Post by Eden »

juta wrote: Eden, I have no idea about updates. It´s logical they post when there are some news.
Then we should provide them next week with news, i.e. our petition :shake:
And I think it would be advantageous, if an Estonian could do that.
One planet meets another. Planet 1 says to Planet 2, “Hey you look terrible”. Planet 2 says, “Yes I know. I have Homo Sapiens.” Planet 1 says, “Don’t worry. I had that too and it will soon disappear.
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

Eden wrote:Then we should provide them next week with news, i.e. our petition :shake:
And I think it would be advantageous, if an Estonian could do that.
Are you able to see the "controls" in the petition? I believe only the person who created it can see that but I may be wrong? The petition also has an option to print it which would be wonderful. However, my printer could not do that job if most all people are leaving comments. I would have to go purchase several rounds of printer ink, color and black and white as well. :blush:

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
Eden

Post by Eden »

I’m sorry, but I don’t see „controls”.
I have the option to print the petition, but my printer only wants to print 10 pages, that can’t be all and is probably identical with the comments I can see (I never see all 586).
One planet meets another. Planet 1 says to Planet 2, “Hey you look terrible”. Planet 2 says, “Yes I know. I have Homo Sapiens.” Planet 1 says, “Don’t worry. I had that too and it will soon disappear.
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

Almost everyone has left a comment and some are very short but some are quite long. We are up to 594 at this time!

Early this morning, I posted it in the Cornell Lab Of Ornithology's Facebook page as I belong to that, plus I've asked my dear friend who works at a Rehabber's called Treehouse Wildlife Center, to sign and post it to all his co-workers and/or volunteers, there, plus all our old birding contacts from the birding chat I used to host online. We are still going to get more signatures. Hopefully, 1000!
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

602!! :headroll:
Manu

Post by Manu »

I don't understand the article very well. But it seems the first "old fashioned paper letters" are arrived :loveshower:
http://www.epl.ee/news/eesti/valismaa-l ... d=65168442
Dryw

Post by Dryw »

:hi:
Translation
Foreigners interested eagle bird lovers murder
26th October 2012 04:30 [/b] Ulvar Kaart
The aftermath of the recent public shock the story of how this summer for a new life helped the White-tailed Nimetu soon after the wild release off lastuna found, one after another started to environment ministry inbox plump resentful of foreign cities Your concern letters.
example Mia Asplund Finland and Manuela Gautschi-Brotzer Switzerland, the Minister wrote Keit Pentus- Rosimannusele that the work would be best to eagle killer (s) to find out. The Minister also asked the two to work to prevent that in the future such salaküttimisjuhtumeid.
Investigating what happened to the Environmental Inspectorate, the Public Relations Advisor Leili Tuul noted that the international attention the case is understandable, but the current process is not yet able to identify the causes of eagle deaths. "We reviewed all the variations and options. If anyone has any information that could be of assistance, please make this known, "said Tuul.
Located at birdmap.5dvision.ee English winged migration map, which could see the movements of Nimetu, visiting most of Germany, Finland, Sweden and bird enthusiasts. Also, the map is also popular in the United States and Taiwan.
Nilla

Post by Nilla »

Manu and Dryw !!! Great to know that it's mentioned in local media. Thanks for info and translation!

and Chimega; maybe dr.Madis or Urmas could forward the petition to the Ministry??!! And maybe they could print it, if you could make them as "owners" of the petition before you handle it over??? Just a suggestion - I do not understand much of these computer systems and their functions.
Eden

Post by Eden »

Nilla wrote:Manu and Dryw !!! Great to know that it's mentioned in local media. Thanks for info and translation!

and Chimega; maybe dr.Madis or Urmas could forward the petition to the Ministry??!! And maybe they could print it, if you could make them as "owners" of the petition before you handle it over??? Just a suggestion - I do not understand much of these computer systems and their functions.
I think it’s a good idea that Dr.Madis or Urmas forward the petition to the Ministry.
As far as I can see that, the complete list of comments hast to be edited, because between each comment is a big heart, which should be eliminated in order to save space in print.
Without this heart in between, about 5 comments fit on one page, so, until now, ca. 120 pages have to be printed.
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

Nilla wrote:Manu and Dryw !!! Great to know that it's mentioned in local media. Thanks for info and translation!

I've gone into the settings on the petition. I don't see any way to add anyone else or remove myself as the person who started the petition. The petition site pulled my name and location from somewhere when I started the petition. Possibly, they got it from other petitions I had signed before and from my IP address.

Eden states that she can print the petition but can't because of her printer. I can't afford the ink to do it. One needs to expand the messages that have been left by others. Right now, it only shows what it considers the most important messages. Where it says Supporters and Reasons for Signing, a person can click *Latest*. It is apparently set to *Most Important* with Urmas' reply showing at the top.

If Madis or Urmas can print the petition, that would be great. Then they could take it or send it to the person that it should go to.

Unfortunately, it appears I have to be the one who emails it. Change.org uses my email address and sends me several daily updates plus every time someone who I have selected through Facebook signs it, I get an email stating that they have done so. This is pulling people from my Friend List on Facebook and I have the option to send 18 out to their email addresses, via Facebook, every 24 hours. The only way to change that is to turn over my Facebook account to someone else and I am sorry but I am not willing to do that. :unsure:
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

Eden wrote:I think it’s a good idea that Dr.Madis or Urmas forward the petition to the Ministry.
As far as I can see that, the complete list of comments hast to be edited, because between each comment is a big heart, which should be eliminated in order to save space in print.
Without this heart in between, about 5 comments fit on one page, so, until now, ca. 120 pages have to be printed.
The hearts cannot be removed. The only way to do that is to copy and paste every single signature and statement by every single person to a word document, then print it that way...
Nilla

Post by Nilla »

Oooops- 120 pages (at least)!!!! :help:
(I hope that someone would be clever enough to sort this problem out. Its not me-that I know for sure :nod: )

Began to think :laugh: - does it have to be printed????
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

Nilla wrote:Oooops- 120 pages (at least)!!!! :help:
(I hope that someone would be clever enough to sort this problem out. Its not me-that I know for sure :nod: )

Began to think :laugh: - does it have to be printed????
The petition sets itself up to be emailed. The email address is already in there - the same one that we all emailed at first about Nimeta.
Eden

Post by Eden »

Chimega wrote: The only way to do that is to copy and paste every single signature and statement by every single person to a word document, then print it that way...
I have tried that - it's a lot of work, but even better than to print 300 pages.
My problem is that I can't see all the comments, otherwise I would offer to do the printing (I don't think I need more than one ink cartridge) and send it to the person who could transfer it to the Ministry.
But if all has to be transmitted by e-mail, can the printed version really help?
Starling

Post by Starling »

I could also offer my help for the printing. But the problem is the same as Eden´s. I can only see 6 last names who have signed it publicly. And then I see the "Reasons for Signing". But because this is a petition, I think there should be all the names including no-public signatures. And Chimega is probaly the only one to see those!

I think it would be good to print it too or even send multiple copies to different persons in the Ministry. Just to make sure someone will read it. It is a shame if all the work is gone when someone just deletes the mail with one button or it will go to spam mail for some reason. :unsure: Can you Chimega send it with e-mail to many receivers or just only one?
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

As it is right now, the petition is turned into a .pdf file when the command to print is hit and it says it's 16 pages (right now). I hope what I just did to find out what happens doesn't mess up the petition because they are sending me an email as soon as the .pdf file is created, with the file attached. :whistling: Anyway, it's not going to be 300 pages, maybe 32 when it's completely done if we let it go on until Monday.

I can see reasons that people signed and if you go down below that, it says "More Reasons". Can any of you see that? If you click it, it should expand and you can see more, then more, then more each time you click More Reasons.

I really wanted to wait until we had 1,000 signatures. I am still waiting for my birding friend who works at the rehabbers in Illinois to find out if he can send the petition to all the volunteers out there plus anyone else he knows in the area plus hopefully, all the old chatters we used to have in birding chat on AOL. That would be great plus Nilla was or just did contact World Wildlife Fund to see if they will get involved, too.

I am very sorry if this is not turning out the way you all wanted it to. Jo was going to do it but she had family duties to take care of so I stepped up and offered to assist her. If she had done it, the exact same thing would be happening, only it would be in Jo's name and going to Jo's email address instead of mine and it would give Jo, her contacts instead of mine. I don't know how many she has but I have 100s of owl watchers on my Facebook account as "friends" and I know many of them have signed plus they have passed the petition to other people who attend the owl chats and other chats all over the net as well. Many of these people are chatroom hosts on Ustream.
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

Oh and Starling, yes, multiple email addresses can be added to send the petition to.
Starling

Post by Starling »

Don´t be sorry Chimega! :D You have done everything you could... And more! We all appreciate it. :bow:

Maybe the petition via e-mail is enough. :nod: Because the printing seems to be a problem... Could you ask confirmation that they have received it afterwards. It would be just great to get some response that they have received it eventually.
Starling

Post by Starling »

Chimega wrote:Oh and Starling, yes, multiple email addresses can be added to send the petition to.
Great. :thumbs: At least one copy could go to the Minister of the Environment. Because we know now the letters we wrote to her have been read.
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

Yes, I suppose I can ask conformation. I am not quite sure how to do that but I will see what happens when I go to send it via email. It's not actually an email on my end. I think change.org sends the recipient an email, either with the download attached or a link to go download it on their site. Oddly enough, this appears to be in league with Amazon which makes sense as to why they already had my information stored. :shock:

I have received the downloaded .pdf file and it is simply all the names, in order by date and time that people signed. The comments do not show up! I suspect when the file is emailed, it will contain all the comments as well. They are just not contained in the .pdf file.

If someone wants to print it, I can always email the completed file to them when the time comes. All you have to do is PM me your email address. :wave:

So, do we want to wait until Monday? I really do think that would be best.

Return to “Petitions - Important Notes for Nature Lovers”