18:37

18:51
Hellem

Post by Hellem »

20:40 Stream not found.
debianuser

Post by debianuser »

Hellem,

It seems that most of the cameras are down except for the tawny owl camera.

Also, same as last year, I am started generating snapshots for some of the video streams that normally don't have snapshots. (Including this one.) You can view them at https://pontu.ca/snapshots/ or in the section of the generated snapshots or videos on pontu.ca
http://pontu.ca/ Pontu video and picture archive viewer with easy date and camera selection. *Generating Snapshots for most cameras that don't normally take snapshots*
*Note that snapshots generated by me are only stored for 3 days due to disk space limitation on the server.*
Hellem

Post by Hellem »

debianuser :hi: , the other cameras are down, because it's night in Estonia and they don't have night lighting :laugh:
debianuser

Post by debianuser »

Hellem wrote:debianuser :hi: , the other cameras are down, because it's night in Estonia and they don't have night lighting :laugh:
Yes, but from what I remember many of them transmitted anyway.
http://pontu.ca/ Pontu video and picture archive viewer with easy date and camera selection. *Generating Snapshots for most cameras that don't normally take snapshots*
*Note that snapshots generated by me are only stored for 3 days due to disk space limitation on the server.*
debianuser

Post by debianuser »

19:03

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

debianuser wrote:
Yes, but from what I remember many of them transmitted anyway.
Depending on the power systems, the amount of day light and other factors, like full or empty batteries.
This and the badger cameras are the only camera systems with infra-red camera system and real night view.
At the ones transmitting "anyway" one could not really see something during the night.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
aita

Post by aita »

:hi:
19:03

:nod: the camera mostly does not work.
debianuser

Post by debianuser »

Felis silvestris wrote:
Depending on the power systems, the amount of day light and other factors, like full or empty batteries.
This and the badger cameras are the only camera systems with infra-red camera system and real night view.
At the ones transmitting "anyway" one could not really see something during the night.
True, however audio feed can still provide useful information: whether nest is under attack or condition of the weather at the nest. Also, it gives an opportunity to visually observe the nest as soon as possible rather than wait for the timer to turn it on.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

For the people in Estonia is is also a question of getting the necessary power to the camera. If the batteries fail and have to be exchanged, is it possible to carry them out even during nest season without disturbing anything? In some cases it is better to have the system switched off during the dark hours in order to conserve energy.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
IceAge

Post by IceAge »

21:13

badger went out for night shift.
*Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.* Albert Einstein
debianuser

Post by debianuser »

21:12-21:38

Hellem

Post by Hellem »

00:29 The strange badger visited again.
IceAge

Post by IceAge »

18:01

The badger goes to his toilet.
*Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.* Albert Einstein
Hellem

Post by Hellem »

22:30 Badger came home, but left then into the forest again.
Cax

Post by Cax »

It is weird, that I can see the camera picture only at night, but not at the daytime. Has anyone else the same problem or it is just me?
Majahaldjate Heaolu Edendamise Selts ja Võlukunsti Ministeerium On Jobud Grupp feat. Thorin teatavad: I am your favourite dwarf. Don't deny it, don't try to resist, resistance is futile :)
IceAge

Post by IceAge »

Cax, the camera is around the clock on, but loading needs a minute, before the camera is open.
Cax

Post by Cax »

Thanx. Yes, I know, that it'll take time, but it loaded and loaded and the scrolling area was there, but the picture wasn't, all was just black. But today it is there again, so I think the problem is solved (or just over) :wave:
Majahaldjate Heaolu Edendamise Selts ja Võlukunsti Ministeerium On Jobud Grupp feat. Thorin teatavad: I am your favourite dwarf. Don't deny it, don't try to resist, resistance is futile :)

Return to “Red Deer and Badger Castle Cameras on Saaremaa”