Southwest Florida Eagle Cam

All eagles except White-tailed and Spotted Eagles
Uta

Re: Harriet & ?, American Bald Eagle Cam

Post by Uta »

10-07-15
:wave: You are welcome,Birdfriend!

09:45 FLT(15:45EEST) Slim on nest was moving sticks and brouhgt a little stick in before.
09:47 Slim on nest tree without Harriet
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Thankyou Uta, for your recordings! :hi:
It is interesting that Slim likes to stay on the nest arranging some sticks but he has not been seen to bring any nest material there. Maybe he begins to rebuild the nest when Harriet will be fertile in November - we'll see ...

EDIT: so he brought already a stick as you told, Uta?

PS. It looks like SWFEC has accepted the name Slim to the Sub Adult (SA) - they report this latest video with the name Slim: https://youtu.be/sxtJBda-JPM

17:45 EEST
I suppose Harriet is sitting on a dead tree and followed by the cam 2.
Uta

Post by Uta »

:hi: Yes,Owlie,Slim brought the little big stick in :mrgreen:
He is young, i think, if Harriet startet to bring nest material in so, he will do the same.
I`m not waiting of eggs, for me is more from interest, the observing over the bonding with a new sub adult male.
Eggs can be but if they are fertilsed is open.
Good so is his name Slim.Thanks for the link

Cam OP found Harriet on a other death tree.
10:57
11:02
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

:wave:
I read yesterday somewhere on the SWFEC forum that an eagle (our Sub Adult) in 4,5 years age could be fertile. His outlook looks like of a 4 years old, maybe he could be 4,5 yrs old ... (http://www.onthewingphotography.com/win ... years-old/) ? :D And it is told on the thread that Harriet will be fertile first in November - able to lay eggs in late November. So we can await lots at least a month ahead!

When googling "fertile eagle" I got a first answer "Fertile eagle eggs For Sale" :( : (: Awful! Sad! Disgusting! :cry: :rant:
Kinga83

Post by Kinga83 »

:hi:

I found this on facebook :thumbs: It's hilarious :rotf:
Lisa Yttri
Interview by Kathy Kochanowski, photo by Desiree Deliz's Photography
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Oh Kinga83, thanks for an awesome story, really funny! And so credible! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Some ones are able to turn the sorrow to a joy! I laughed with wet eyes ... :rotf: :D
Birdfriend

Post by Birdfriend »

:hi: I could this cam only open for one afternoon. Since 2 days it functions not more for me. :bash:
The nature needs us not, but we need the nature
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

17:00 EEST
Harriet and Slim are in the nest tree vocalizing now and then - or is it Slim?

17:11
He left. The Cam1 was zoomed to the tail of the male - and he had a pure white tail ... :puzzled: Slim has dark stripes in his tail ...
lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

October 8, 2015

Kinga83, TY, witty interview with Slim Jim! :hi:

9.23 Harriet gives a kick to Slim Jim with her foot! But he still does not grasp the gentle hint... :rolleyes:
We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings dominate nature, before they have learned to control themselves. -Albert Schweitzer
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the so-called "lower animals" versus the traits and dispositions of man. The result humiliates me. - Mark Twain
Uta

Post by Uta »

10-08-15 close up around 10:00 FL time from Harriet

Uta

Post by Uta »

Now the confusion is going on. Close up from the second eagle.
Any confirmed this M15 and not Slim??? :unsure:
I wait of the confirmation from the mods on the page.
The saga , i hope have now a end. :bow:

Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Oct 8 2015, 5:53 PM
Essec09: Good morning. Hope everyone enjoyed seeing the eagles on the nest tree this morning. Hopefully those moments in the nest tree will be more frequent as the days go by. Lots of questions about who Harriet was branch sharing with. Right now - we can only say it wasn't the Sub-Adult she has been seen with the past couple of days. There was no terminal band or dark feathers on the head of this eagle. Is it M15? Could be, but not sure.

Oct 8 2015, 5:54 PM
Essec09: If anyone has any closeup photos of M15 during the time that Ozzie had returned to the nest, we would love for you to post them on SWFEC's Facebook page for comparisons. Enjoy your day!
lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

Wow! Intrigue goes on - who is the eagle Heriet has been kicking and encouraging! :shake:
We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings dominate nature, before they have learned to control themselves. -Albert Schweitzer
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the so-called "lower animals" versus the traits and dispositions of man. The result humiliates me. - Mark Twain
Uta

Post by Uta »

:wave: Owlie.Thanks for the quote.Now i`m still wating of a feedback.
Hope all with Slim is well.
Uta

Post by Uta »

lianaliesma wrote:Wow! Intrigue goes on - who is the eagle Heriet has been kicking and encouraging! :shake:
Harriet must knowing him. She was always holler to him. Think, it was M15. :unsure:
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

There are some newly posted pictures of M15 on the Facebook guests' column (it is a public site, no sign in is needed for a view):
https://www.facebook.com/SouthwestFlori ... m/timeline

They don't unfortunately convince me that it would be M15 with Harriet today ... Even if it would be the best solution to the question. But one thing is sure - the new male today is an adult, more mature than Slim (SA) - he should get the idea with Harriet's karate ... :mrgreen:
Uta

Post by Uta »

Yes.Owlie,Karate kick Harriet. Saw the pic. :mrgreen: Thank you,Lianaliesma!
Here is a link from deeeagle58 blogspot:
http://deeagle58.blogspot.de/2015/10/m1 ... ref=fb&m=1
Kinga83

Post by Kinga83 »

:hi:

Yes, I just read on the facebook site, that M15 is back! I am very curious to continue.
I know Slim is still young, but now I started to like him :rolleyes:

Uta, TY the blog link :thumbs:
Uta

Post by Uta »

Me too,Kinga.Hope Slim is well.
Now it is rearly official on the facebook page from Southwest Florida Eagle Cam page.M15 is back
https://www.facebook.com/SouthwestFlori ... =3&theater

Return to “Eagles”