Fish Camera 2018

IceAge

Re: Fish Camera 2018

Post by IceAge »

Thank you Cax :thumbs: .

20:54
*Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.* Albert Einstein
Cax

Post by Cax »

At the moment many of Alburnus are at their evening hunt. Seemingly there is a wind and waves, that turn up the lake floor fauna, and these little fishes are eating them.
Some other smaller fishes try to hunt as well.
Majahaldjate Heaolu Edendamise Selts ja Võlukunsti Ministeerium On Jobud Grupp feat. Thorin teatavad: I am your favourite dwarf. Don't deny it, don't try to resist, resistance is futile :)
Meike

Post by Meike »

Awww, I just found the new fish camera - thanks a lot! :loveshower: I like to watch the birds and all the chicklets at the moment, but the world under the water is something special :bow:
Cax

Post by Cax »

Meike wrote: June 30th, 2019, 8:21 pm Awww, I just found the new fish camera - thanks a lot! :loveshower: I like to watch the birds and all the chicklets at the moment, but the world under the water is something special :bow:
Yes, absolutely. Perhaps you like this one, too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4Un6aQvYUk

Lots of fishes and underwater sound, some little sharks and some big ones occasionally and barracudas. And you can scroll back and see, what you have missed, lol.
Majahaldjate Heaolu Edendamise Selts ja Võlukunsti Ministeerium On Jobud Grupp feat. Thorin teatavad: I am your favourite dwarf. Don't deny it, don't try to resist, resistance is futile :)
visit

Post by visit »

Hello everyone :)

Just had a look and it's another view again :)
i'm curious what i will see the next night/morning, when i'm looking...
Cax wrote:I've made some research and those small fishes should be

Gobio gobio
Alburnus alburnus
Gasterosteus aculeatus (that lone orange fish who hided behind the swimming plant on the right, and poses very front of the screen)
Leuciscus leuciscus
Phoxinus phoxinus
Pungitius pungitius
These are the small ones, but there are probably some more.
Thank you - may be i can learn with the help here to distinguish the fishes :)

ps: just had two very good pictures of fishes, the sight is quite well :)
Cax

Post by Cax »

I'm still a bit confused of that all over orange fish on Biker's picture - is it Gasterosteus or smth else, bc couple of real ones are there too alright - orange belly and black-white back. This all orange fellow is a bit smaller and acts differently and looks differently. So I'm not quite sure, what species it is :dunno:
Biker

Post by Biker »

Hello Cax and everyone else!

i had made a recording, it seems this fish snap at the other bigger one?!?
it was 22:47:45 shortly before i took the screenshot

*Please don't feed the trolls!*
Cax

Post by Cax »

And I've checked again, and seems this orange blue-eyed fish is still Gasterosteus - especially colorful type, lol. No other so tropically looking fish here. Books mentioned it's vitriol-blue eyes, too. Male have this bright robe of course only at the mating season from may till august.
aita

Post by aita »

:hi:
Fish camera is now in Keila River
https://www.looduskalender.ee/n/en/node/3626
:wave:
Cax

Post by Cax »

Complete fish soup, at 3.18 a.m. :mrgreen:

All those fishes I named, dozens and dozens, and probably some more - bigger ones.
visit

Post by visit »

Good morning ! :wave:

i made a mixed picture of the spezies and hope, you can help ;-)

pic 1 - click to enlarge the photo
a lot of No 3 (= 1,2,4,5,6,7 too ?)
9 = a couple of 3 ?

11,13,14 = something different ?

No 10 seen in the night too - and he just chased some others.

pic 2 - click to enlarge the photo
in the night suddenly a lot of No 26 - Salmo trutta ?

21 probably is a Gasterosteidae ?
saw some with 3 and some with more prickles.

but i see, it's not possible to make the pic larger, so some are surely not good to recognize (sharpness is something different, i know ;)
Cax wrote:All those fishes I named
i will have a look again and try to find out.
Cax

Post by Cax »

On the 1. pic Gasterosteus gasterosteus
On the 2. pic - 1(?),3,18,21,23 Gasterosteus
26 Alburnus alburnus - pay attention to golden stripe aside. No Salmo, they have probably all gone, and they are much bigger.
1(?),9,10 - Phoxinus phoxinus ?
5,7 - Leuciscus leuciscus?
4 - young Perca fluviatilis?
Biker

Post by Biker »

:hi:
thanks visit, for the collage (i mostly saw 10 and 26 ) and Cax for the infos

is this 4?

*Please don't feed the trolls!*
Cax

Post by Cax »

Biker wrote: July 2nd, 2019, 8:42 pm :hi:
thanks visit, for the collage (i mostly saw 10 and 26 ) and Cax for the infos

is this 4?

Um ... I'd say, Gasterosteus, but not very colorful, perhaps a female? The smaller one on the right should be male, who's guarding a nest. He is bit brighter than female, and smaller, as usual.

http://www.naturephoto-cz.com/photos/ot ... 115110.jpg
Meike

Post by Meike »

Cax wrote: July 1st, 2019, 6:05 am Yes, absolutely. Perhaps you like this one, too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4Un6aQvYUk

Lots of fishes and underwater sound, some little sharks and some big ones occasionally and barracudas. And you can scroll back and see, what you have missed, lol.
Thank you. :hi: I put it into my favorites ald will watch it completely when I am in a bad mood sometimes :whistling:
Cax

Post by Cax »

Meike wrote: July 2nd, 2019, 9:30 pm Thank you. :hi: I put it into my favorites ald will watch it completely when I am in a bad mood sometimes :whistling:
Yes, true - I find it also very tranquility, calms nicely down :wave:
visit

Post by visit »

Hello Cax, Meike and everyone :)

Thank you very much Cax !
i'm just looking again (and looked up the german names, too)
And in case i'm asking back or twice, it's just to understand and make sure, i'm not wrong - not that you feel irritated by it, please !
Cax wrote:On the 2. pic Gasterosteus gasterosteus
On the 1. pic - 1(?),3,18,21,23 Gasterosteus
i think you mixed the pictures ?
your pic 2 = the first one, and your 1. pic = the second one, aren't they ?
Cax wrote:26 Alburnus alburnus - pay attention to golden stripe aside
That is indeed one, which is more easier to recognize because of the stripe :)
despite of looking up in inet and the photo in wikipedia didn't look at all like this - ?
Meike wrote:is this 4?
this is another one, which i thought is more easy to recognized because of the thick stripes at the side.
http://www.naturephoto-cz.com/photos/ot ... 115110.jpg < that fits quite well :)
Cax, as you mentioned the red one could be the male.
It is definitely smaller (pic 1, No 10) and it is often chasing the others away.
aita wrote:Fish camera is now in Keila River
https://www.looduskalender.ee/n/en/node/3626
Thank you, now i know, where, too :) always interessenting, but not always added as information (or i haven't seen).

now i try out, what i have (perhaps) learned and catch some fishes again... ;)
but remarkable, yesterday it was full of fishes at this time and today much less.
Cax

Post by Cax »

Yes, Visit, sorry, I didn't notice the numbers on top. Sorry 'bout the confusion :wave: You're absolutely right and I'll make changes to the previous post to avoid the further mess.

For more infos - those Gasterosteus fishes are very variable, there are 3-4 slightly different looking types. And Alburnus makes confusion, too, in some positions and photos they have the golden stripe, and some not. Perhaps it depends of the angle of light.
I was digging about 10 books and some net pics, yet is quite hard to have a clear knowlegde.
Actually I'd like if some fish scientist could and would make the clarification. I hope they will :wave:
visit

Post by visit »

Hello Cax, Biker, Meike and everybody :)
Cax wrote:Sorry 'bout the confusion
No problem :) Thank you for the information :wave:

i've made another catch (bigger pictures) and you can click to make the picture bigger.
and i'll changed the other pictures (pic 1 + pic 2) in the way, you can click to enlarge them, too.

pic 3
and i'll try... :dunno:

1,2,4,5,6,7 = the same ?
perhaps even 3 too ?

8 seems to be very different because of the very small tail

9 + 10 have different bodies but as well as othes a dark line on the top

15 + 16 may be the same ?

it's already difficult for me to sort which ones are the same = the 1. step.
the 2. step would be to be able to name them...

:wave:
Cax

Post by Cax »

Pic 3 then:
1,2,3,4,5,7,11,14,15,18 Gasterosteus that should be for sure.
8,9,12,13,15 should be too.
10,11,12,15,13 could be females, still with babies, bc they seem really fat (and not red).
1,2,4,5,6,7,8 seem as male - more or less red(dish).

The others - I'm not quite sure.
You see, the same fish could seem different in movement and in the different angle of light - one from one angle of view and completely different from another angle.

Return to “Fish Camera Forum”