Fish Camera 2018

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Re: Fish Camera 2018

Post by Felis silvestris »

You are right, the real life begins in the evening, I also had the cam running once the nests have become quiet.
And I remembered something else, I think I have seen how it must look from the outside. On a rather windy day, with the water muddy from the waves, but there is also grass to be seen, like it grows further to the back at the cam.

Somewhere at Võrtsjärv

Knowing now how it is looking underneath, I think I will pass the walk in the water :mrgreen:
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
laranjeiras

Post by laranjeiras »

good morning :hi:
10.10:14 for quite a while - two WTE are calling alot :D
Meike

Post by Meike »

The beauty of the night: Please forgive me that I put a cheesy music in this video - but I just learned how to cut videos and need to practise a little bit :whistling:

Summi

Post by Summi »

Meike, thank you. It's impressive night life with music. :thumbs:
Bea

Post by Bea »

Felis silvestris wrote: April 30th, 2019, 10:00 pm ...
Knowing now how it is looking underneath, I think I will pass the walk in the water :mrgreen:
My decision was already made when I saw a leech :faint:
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

The water level is falling now visibly!
But the life goes on, some of them look like prehistoric monsters :mrgreen:
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Meike

Post by Meike »

It's a weird view with the long gras in the light now. We had a long "blue hour" today.

IceAge

Post by IceAge »

May 02.

07:53

A lot of spawn.

15:35
tadpoles, beetle, leech and other
*Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.* Albert Einstein
Meike

Post by Meike »

A completely different view today - the water-level is high, but it is a kind of milky.
IceAge

Post by IceAge »

22:40

*Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.* Albert Einstein
visit

Post by visit »

A wonderful morning...

Think, i have to find a better upload possibility... :rolleyes:
IceAge

Post by IceAge »

May 03.

07:47

08:48
some snowflakes
visit

Post by visit »

The cam is again under the water surface :)
*wrong translation canceled*

edit in the night to Sunday:
unfortunately the video of the cam is stottering a lot. Think the PC is not the reason, worked before and stottering is with different browsers and the pvideos of the other cams are good.
visit

Post by visit »

Can somebody tell me what kind of worm it is, which is moving like a vertikal snake on the right side of the video ?
All the others are well-known, but this worm i don't know.
It seems to be round but i also had seen something very similiar but flat and darker.
Both - in comparison to the beatles - about 8-12 cm long and the flat one about 7-10 mm broad.
Hope will catch the flat one too.

https://streamable.com/umf1v *corrected

(a big roundworm (nematoda) which has such a consistent "swim"-behaviour ?)
Cax

Post by Cax »

I just was wondering about the same thing - is it hydra or is it Hirudinea - young form? While it was on the leaf, it looked and moved like hydra, but when it decided to leave and splashing there that way, I thaught, maybe Hirudinea.
Majahaldjate Heaolu Edendamise Selts ja Võlukunsti Ministeerium On Jobud Grupp feat. Thorin teatavad: I am your favourite dwarf. Don't deny it, don't try to resist, resistance is futile :)
visit

Post by visit »

Hello Cax,

thank you for your answer :)
Hydra i hardly can imagine because of the swimming charakteristic. Is Hydra really moving like a wriggling vertikal snake ? Don't know.

But perhaps Hirudinea could be perhaps the other one, the flat one ?
It was wriggling like a vertikal snake too but i thought not enough stocky or thickset (don't know the right english expression) for a Hirudinea.
i've only a bad picture, think this was the flat one. It can be even longer and swims very good and fast. One night it visited the cam so often.

:wave:
Cax

Post by Cax »

I saw this creature many times and while it kept itself on the leaf, it moved exactly how is described hydra moving - putting it's head down, then lifted it's foot and stepped onward, then again put head onward and moved foot and so on. And while hunting, it moved it's body here and there around, like dancing, not stepping off, lol.
Then, all of a sudden, it took itself off from the leaf and vibrate just as you described and was seen on the video, and I thaught - what the heck? Never heard nor read hydra moving like this! :slap: Suddenly it acted like a worm or snake, and swimmed away. Couple of times more I saw it and was more and more confused. And I still am. :book: :unsure:
Hirudinea is flat indeed, that's why I thaught, it was a baby. When it vibrated, it seemed a bit flat too. Not like hydra anymore at all.
Majahaldjate Heaolu Edendamise Selts ja Võlukunsti Ministeerium On Jobud Grupp feat. Thorin teatavad: I am your favourite dwarf. Don't deny it, don't try to resist, resistance is futile :)
visit

Post by visit »

By the way, a visit of a canard (not sure, which one because of the glare)

Cax

Post by Cax »

Usual Anas platyrhynchos, I guess :)
IceAge

Post by IceAge »

I think also, a mallard male.

18:37

Return to “Fish Camera Forum”