Buzzard Cam 1 - Mari and Mihkel

Bird of the year in 2015
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Re: Buzzard Cam 1 - Mari and Mihkel

Post by Felis silvestris »

I would not worry too much about Maimu, he was always a very chatty bird, whether he was full or bored or just "talking". Now is the time when they have to learn how to live on their own, I guess parents will no longer come regularly to feed them, but take them to their hunting grounds. They were already taught hunting skills on the nest, while feeding and now it is the time to try them out!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Maggy

Post by Maggy »

20:00 distant calls
einStein

Post by einStein »

i would like to say thank you too (as previously said from calmond9) to Looduskalender, EENet, Kernel and anyone else involved with this project.

for the buzzards:
i wish you many many mouses and also friendly knowledgeable people!
"let's spend the live together, now i need you more than ever."
just now i'm member in a Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals because "i think to myself what a wonderful world".
Birdfriend

Post by Birdfriend »

Hopefully all is okay with our young friends. It is so pity, that we can see they not anymore. :unsure: What is going on with our sweet Maimu? I have readed, that he maybe is not good. I hope not!
The nature needs us not, but we need the nature
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

I wish the young ones all the best in the big wide world. A good life, also Mari and Mihkel. :thumbs:

Looduskalender, Urmas Lett, Ülo Väli and Jürgen and everyone else thanks for letting us look to these magnificent birds :2thumbsup:
-Thumper-

Post by -Thumper- »

Fleur wrote:I wish the young ones all the best in the big wide world. A good life, also Mari and Mihkel. :thumbs:

Looduskalender, Urmas Lett, Ülo Väli and Jürgen and everyone else thanks for letting us look to these magnificent birds :2thumbsup:
I will miss the little ones! Thanks for a great season. :wave:
lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

Fleur wrote:I wish the young ones all the best in the big wide world. A good life, also Mari and Mihkel. :thumbs:

I join! That was great! :thumbs:
We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings dominate nature, before they have learned to control themselves. -Albert Schweitzer
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the so-called "lower animals" versus the traits and dispositions of man. The result humiliates me. - Mark Twain
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

I also want say that it has been great to be able to watch the Buzzards this season, a big THANK YOU to EVERYONE involved, I'm so grateful :2thumbsup:
I wish all the best to Mihkel, Mari, Maxie, Midi and Maimu, good luck in the big world :loveshower:

Edit: I also want to thank all forum members for pictures, videos and comments.
It has been a very nice time with you all :wave:
Birdfriend

Post by Birdfriend »

Lussi05 :wave: It is so nice to see the chicks again. :thumbs:
I wish the completly family all good and safe flights. I hope, that all the chicks will survive. And in the next season Mari and Mihkel are here again. :wave:
Edit: It was a beautiful time here.
IceAge

Post by IceAge »

Time to say good bye. Good luck to our buzzard family.

Thank you at all for the nice time.
*Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.* Albert Einstein
Maggy

Post by Maggy »

Yes, Looduskalender, Urmas Lett, Ülo Väli and Jürgen and everyone else thanks for letting us know and watch wonderful Buzzards!
Lussi, what a wonderful picture! :thumbs:
I'll add some too...

sorry, don't remember who's picture was that, but very cute and I saved it... :nod:

Thanks everybody who contributed your videos, pictures and comments to this forum! :2thumbsup:
Have a great life great Buzzard family! :loveshower:
Birdfriend

Post by Birdfriend »

This picture is so very nice, great snap shot, Maggy! :thumbs:
lispet

Post by lispet »

June 27th

09:25 Sample collecting in progress at the nest!
IceAge

Post by IceAge »

I think, it was Ülo Väli :wave: .
*Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.* Albert Einstein
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

Yes, it looks like Ülo was collecting material for testing. He must have also explained, but I did not understand much.

Time to say good-bye to the buzzards. I miss them already, Maimu's constant chatter ... it was an experience, also to see that the other nest was quite different from this one. Thanks to everyone for making it possible, it was never boring and now, when I see a buzzard flying or sitting, I know more about his family life.

I looked through my last pictures, found one from one of the last days all three were on the nest which I like very much

Tuult tiibadesse! Take good care of yourself!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Janne+Ais

Post by Janne+Ais »

These are nice closing words, Felis! :loveshower:

But I am very sad: I couldn't learn much about the Buzzards because of this flood of meaningless pictures! I ask myself, why do people that? That's not fair for these wonderful birds, which everybody should learn better! Well, it's over now. I say thank you to all bird friends and the whole staff of Looduskalender!
lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

:loveshower:
We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings dominate nature, before they have learned to control themselves. -Albert Schweitzer
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the so-called "lower animals" versus the traits and dispositions of man. The result humiliates me. - Mark Twain
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

September 13
Jay visit, young one

Fleur

Post by Fleur »

song Nuthach and Great Tit hammering

Fleur

Post by Fleur »

sound Cranes in the distance

Return to “Buzzard Webcam Forum”