Migration of the buzzards Villu and Kordian

Bird of the year in 2015
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Re: Migration of the buzzards Villu and Kordian

Post by Felis silvestris »

January 5

Finally the data was updated. Today the map shows yesterday's position of Kordian. And he finally left the area at river Ner and went on. New position was west of Pleszew

Unfortunately the map did not show any change in Villu's case.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

No news from our buzzards. Although the map updates regularly, the buzzard data does not at the moment.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

February

I wish I could add something new here, but even with the change to a new month, there is nothing new. Seems that both devices have stopped working!

Solo

Post by Solo »

Felis silvestris wrote:February
I wish I could add something new here, but even with the change to a new month, there is nothing new. Seems that both devices have stopped working!
:hi: Felis silvestris,
thanks you for all information about buzzards :2thumbsup: ... hopefully the are doing well (from black storklets Upene-Ziluka and comp. we havent new data also - Upene 2015-11-07 14:30:16, Zuze: 2015-11-10 14:30:16, Sarma: 2016-01-04 14:30:27 :unsure: )
We can hope and patiently wait. :bow:
:wave:
Urmas

Post by Urmas »

Both of Buzzards do not send us information Villu since 11th of December and Kordian since 4th of January.
Kordians logger was out of energy that time, but Villus one might work some days more.
So we do not know how they are by now.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

February 14

There is an update for Villu on the migration map:

Pleasant surprise was caused by German colleagues who send photos and observations of Common Buzzard Villu. We lost communication with Villu in northern part of Czech Republic in 11th of December. Villu was found wintering exactly in the same field as last year. By descriptions Villu feels there like at home, photos are uploaded into Villus gallery. We need to think about removing the malfunctioning logger if Villu returns.

Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Felis, that's are good news about Villu :2thumbsup:

where can I find the photos of Villu? I don't know, where Villus gallery :unsure:
Janne+Ais

Post by Janne+Ais »

Liz01 wrote:Felis, that's are good news about Villu :2thumbsup:

where can I find the photos of Villu? I don't know, where Villus gallery :unsure:
Look at the birdmap and klick the photo icon besides Villu's name

Felis, thank you so much for these wonderful news!
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Janne+Ais, thank you :thumbs:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Some more photos from the weekend were added! :thumbs:

Solo

Post by Solo »

Felis silvestris wrote:Some more photos from the weekend were added! :thumbs:
:loveshower:
:hi: Felis silvestri, TY for all news and information :wave:
Karolpoland

Post by Karolpoland »

Hello,

Im from Kotlin,
it is 3 km from the place where the transmitter stopped working Kordian,
I intercede pictures from the place where it stopped working.
http://www.fotosik.pl/zdjecie/pelne/e40898d81bbd70e7
http://www.fotosik.pl/zdjecie/pelne/e903b155cde14e8c
http://www.fotosik.pl/zdjecie/pelne/c67e6f47ea803ed3
http://www.fotosik.pl/zdjecie/pelne/a19c0b5864193242
http://www.fotosik.pl/zdjecie/pelne/0447eb784744cded

http://www.fotosik.pl/zdjecie/pelne/1e639215ac939d49

today met buzzard in this area but I do not know if it's Kordian, I had binoculars :(
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Hello Karolpoland! Thank you for posting the photos from the area. What a pity that you could not get a photo of the buzzard. Bavarian forum members managed to find Villu, it would have been wonderful to have Kordian found as well.

Karolpoland

Post by Karolpoland »

Hello,

The transmitter Kordian, works ,?
I see on the map is still in my place.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I have just found out that Kordian whose tracker works again (http://birdmap.5dvision.ee/EN/2016/Autumn/one/) and who could be tracked to Finland in the meantime, had actually a meeting with his Polish namesake Kordian Bartoszuk when Kordian the buzzard flew over to Poland in spring. A short report by Kordian Bartoszuk can be found here: http://www.aquila-it.pl/en/home-page/28 ... et-kordian

Janne+Ais

Post by Janne+Ais »

Felis, thank you so much for this touching great story! :loveshower:
Let's stay tuned!
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Yes, great story, thanks!
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

After spending some time in southern Finland, Kordian seems to have decided to take up travelling again. He left Finland and crossed over to Russia.

Maggy

Post by Maggy »

Very interesting, thanks, Felis! :thumbs:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Kordian has crossed St. Petersburg and stays in a wooded area north of Neva river

Return to “Buzzard Webcam Forum”