Latvian Lesser Spotted Eagles Camera 1 - ? - 2016

Lesser Spotted Eagles in Latvia
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Latvian Lesser Spotted Eagles Camera 1 - ? - 2016

Post by Felis silvestris »

It looks like the Latvian LSE project (http://www.pomarina.lv/) has started into this season with two cameras. This year the both cameras are part of the Latvian Joint Stock Company "Latvijas valsts meži" of Latvian State Forest Administration. Both nest have been provided with a better camera system than during the last years. This is camera 1 and according to the Dabasdati forum situated in Madona State forest. Already one eagle was seen on April 10 decorating the nest.
We don't know much more yet about the nest and the owners, but will provide information as they become available.

Camera links:

JW player: http://live.ls.lv/mazaiserglis1/index.html
VLC + Android: rtsp://stream.ls.lv/mazaiserglis1/mp4:aputni226.stream
iPad + iPhone: http://stream.ls.lv/mazaiserglis1/mp4:a ... ylist.m3u8

(Many thanks to Bea for finding out the mobile streams!)

German partner of the Latvian projects is again providing a link to this live stream: http://www.schreiadler.org/buehne-frei-fuer-adler-tv/

It looks like both nests are in the same area and they are neighbours of the White-tailed eagles from Lake Lubāns which we were able to follow in 2014

Madona is a small town in the Latvian Vidzeme district: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madona
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I have yet to see an eagle here, but I saw a nest inspector in the afternoon, when I opened the camera :mrgreen:

“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Fleur

Post by Fleur »

April 14
O boy, two webcams

7:38 it's raining
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Lesser Spotted Eagle cams,,one of my favorites :loveshower:
It has been a while since last time it was successful - really great! But now it's really difficult, how many cams is it possible to follow?? Difficult choises to make :help:
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Felis silvestris wrote:I have yet to see an eagle here, but I saw a nest inspector in the afternoon, when I opened the camera :mrgreen: g]
But it's fresh twig in the nest, isn't it? :nod:
Felis, do you upload pictures via Google? I'm looking for a alternative to Photobucket, but I have no idea where to look.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Lussi05 wrote:Lesser Spotted Eagle cams,,one of my favorites :loveshower:
It has been a while since last time it was successful - really great! But now it's really difficult, how many cams is it possible to follow?? Difficult choises to make :help:
Yes, me too :whistling:
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

April 15

7:54 visitor, Great tit

Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Good morning:)

Fleur, Blue Tits also :hi: Edit: you caught the Blue Tit too :thumbs:

08:02 - But can you see me?? :whistling:
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

@ I see it now :thumbs:
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

10:05 Black bird visit
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Lussi05 wrote: But it's fresh twig in the nest, isn't it? :nod:
Felis, do you upload pictures via Google? I'm looking for a alternative to Photobucket, but I have no idea where to look.
At the moment I am still using Picasa, but this will be gone from May too (like Mejuba already for some time). Google Photos, which Google proposes as their (apparently better) choice for photos, unfortunately is completely unsuitable for sharing pictures in a forum. They don't provide links and they don't supply the links from Picasa once you start using G Photos. They don't even offer an album structure, sort photos according to a system only known to them.
Right now I am a bit at loss, because I have stopped using the bucket for a good reason, and the reason is still valid, more than ever. I am looking around now for months already, but what I need is not available.
Flickr is coming up as the substitute in the "community", but firstly I have left them once already before when they suddenly restricted, asked for money and ended up deleting half of my albums because I did not want to pay. Second thing is, you don't get an account without joining Yahoo first and then providing them with a mobile phone number (and you need one to receive a key to open the account), and I refuse to provide any of those places, Facebook, Google, Yahoo, Flickr and whatnot with my mobile phone number. Already they have again started making some service fee-based, and if they are monopolist, because Google Photos will never be as accepted as Picasa was, they will surely start with more such things.

Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Thank you for your answer, Felis :thumbs:
I also have searched, but it's not easy to find something that is suitable for what I need.
Bea

Post by Bea »

19:34
LSE on the nest! Inspecting, shifting some branches .... it left at 19:37

Pushing and scratching in the nestbowl

Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

19:34 visitor in the evening sun

19:37 away

Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

I missed the visit, although I have peeked in regulary this afternoon. But I can only watch one cam at a time. I'm so glad you saw it, Bea and Fleur :loveshower: great to see that they are nearby :thumbs:

21:08 - Almost dark, birds are singing.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Oh, I also missed, it, I was at the other nest and the WtE nest feeding the little one. :unsure: But it is nice to know somebody comes there too! :headroll:

Fleur

Post by Fleur »

April 16
good morning :hi:
two LSE on nest

7:22 first one call, then the second arrived

Fleur

Post by Fleur »

7:40 I think male with twig

7:43 second flew in with twig

Fleur

Post by Fleur »

7:48 I think female on nest, loud calling and take off
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Good morning!

Fleur :hi:

07:41 - One in the nest, trying and calling. The other one was sitting in a tree for a while..
07:42 - then second LSE arrived in the nest
Then they were bowing to each other

I have to use some time to see who is male/ female. In first sight they look quite similar to me.

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagles”