Lesser Spotted Eagles - Camera 2 - 2017 (Latvia)

Lesser Spotted Eagles in Latvia
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Re: Lesser Spotted Eagles - Camera 2 - 2017

Post by Felis silvestris »

The official announcement from Deutsche Wildtierstifung came only yesterday!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

The cameras on Schreiadler.org both show the GS Eagle nest.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

No. They both show the same nest, but not the GSE nest.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Marfo

Post by Marfo »

I'm a bit confused now... I saw they moved the camera and thought I read it was now at a GSE nest. So it is a new LSE nest then? Also the forum changed and the Estonian Forum too, I lost track.....
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Marfo, this is the Latvian camera forum. Here we watch 2 LSE (Lesser Spotted Eagles, Aquila or Clanga pomarina) nests in Latvia. The Latvian project lead by Dr. Bergmanis has a cooperation with Deutsche Wildtierstiftung. They show a transmission from the Latvian LSE nest(s) already since many years via the website Schreiadler.org.
This has got nothing to do with the Estonian LSE nest(s) we were following in the Looduskalender part of the forum. The nest which went online today is a GSE - Greater Spotted Eagle (Aquila or Clanga clanga) nest in Estonia. The nest owner is famous GSE Tõnn. There will be no Estonian LSE nest camera(s) this year as the transmission from the nest wood is not possible due to too many broken trees, as Urmas wrote to me.

Marfo

Post by Marfo »

But my question was: The camera was moved today but where to? Is there a new LSE nest now that replaces camera 1 (3)?
Hagnat

Post by Hagnat »

April 9
Marfo wrote:But my question was: The camera was moved today but where to? Is there a new LSE nest now that replaces camera 1 (3)?
Yes, Lse 2 (this cam) is not moved but Lse 1 is. It is made all very confusing.
I guess that this cam (Lse 2) will stay empty this season but we will see.

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Marfo wrote:But my question was: The camera was moved today but where to? Is there a new LSE nest now that replaces camera 1 (3)?
The location of a camera is never disclosed. It can't be too far from the old location because the whole process did not take too long. We will not change the name of the topic as the camera is still the same camera. There is no third (LSE) nest camera. The camera on the other nest, which is called camera 1 has not changed.
Stream address "1" and "2" are cameras at completely different locations, no LSE and it is explained once again at the place where they are supposed to be discussed: viewtopic.php?f=100&t=846&start=100
If breeding should start and the birds get names from the Latvian forum, they will be added here and this should make ID easier. But as long as there is only a nest, we can't add more!
The Latvians have not called their stream according to a location, nest or bird names, like they do in Estonia. It is simply stream 1, 2, 3, and 4.

lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

Felis silvestris wrote: "Marfo"]But my question was: The camera was moved today but where to? Is there a new LSE nest now that replaces camera 1 (3)?

The location of a camera is never disclosed. It can't be too far from the old location because the whole process did not take too long. We will not change the name of the topic as the camera is still the same camera. There is no third (LSE) nest camera. The camera on the other nest, which is called camera 1 has not changed.
Stream address "1" and "2" are cameras at completely different locations, no LSE and it is explained once again at the place where they are supposed to be discussed: viewtopic.php?f=100&t=846&start=100
If breeding should start and the birds get names from the Latvian forum, they will be added here and this should make ID easier. But as long as there is only a nest, we can't add more!
The Latvians have not called their stream according to a location, nest or bird names, like they do in Estonia. It is simply stream 1, 2, 3, and 4.
ID for LSE nests in Latvia:

MAZAIS ĒRGLIS EGLĒ - nest in fir-tree
https://dabasdati.lv/forums/viewtopic.p ... 84#p124684

MAZAIS ĒRGLIS APSĒ- nest in aspen
https://dabasdati.lv/forums/viewtopic.p ... 81#p124681

The new opened webcam is also in a spruce, not far from the previous nest. It seems that the LSE pair like the second nest better than previous...so Ugis Bergmanis switched cameras.
Uģis Bergmanis wrote: I suspected there is another nest. In the morning I heard the mating cries, it means there have to be two birds. However, both birds have not be seen in the online nest, it is suspicious, I will go and check.
We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings dominate nature, before they have learned to control themselves. -Albert Schweitzer
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the so-called "lower animals" versus the traits and dispositions of man. The result humiliates me. - Mark Twain
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Thank you for all your information, Felis. I was asking about the move of the camera to another nest. In the forum it is called camera 1 and the stream is called camera (kamera) 3 (and camera 2 is stream /kamera 4). I did not mean to ask for an exact location.
Hagnat

Post by Hagnat »

Felis silvestris wrote: The location of a camera is never disclosed. It can't be too far from the old location because the whole process did not take too long. ...
The eagles of cam 1 could be heard from the old location, probably only hundreds of meters away. That is why Ugis Bergmanis searched for it and moved the cam.
This cam (2) is much further away but based on the sound of the airplanes, generally in the same part of the country (Vidzeme).
Nobody asked for an exact location and there is no need to tell.

I it possible now to restrict this topic to cam 2 please?
Biker

Post by Biker »

https://dabasdati.lv/forums/viewtopic.p ... 04#p127329

there was a visitor who had brought a fresh twig.
*Please don't feed the trolls!*
Hagnat

Post by Hagnat »

Biker wrote:... there was a visitor who had brought a fresh twig.
(Visitor not seen)
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Marfo wrote:Thank you for all your information, Felis. I was asking about the move of the camera to another nest. In the forum it is called camera 1 and the stream is called camera (kamera) 3 (and camera 2 is stream /kamera 4). I did not mean to ask for an exact location.
The stream names and the camera names are not the same! Simple as that! The cam on the other nest was moved a few hundred meters.

eapclochydd

Post by eapclochydd »

And here's the visitor :wave:

Biker

Post by Biker »

:thumbs: thanks eapclochydd
this time he was seen.
*Please don't feed the trolls!*
Bea

Post by Bea »

Here are videos to eapclochydd´s observation :thumbs:

This was a longer episode .... there is already a couple active!

16:30
Male LSE arrives with a food gift and calls for the female - he leaves, as she is not coming

16:37
Male returns, calls for the female and she arrives to take over his food gift, but she is not eating all and leaves leftover gift on the nest

16:43
Male returns, takes leftover food gift away with him

Sorry for bad audio quality, video and audio are not sync .... but better than nothing ;)
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Bea

Post by Bea »

17:23
Another green twig came in
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

Lesser Spotted Eagle nest in aspen - new address http://tiesraides.lvm.lv/stream/41?utm_medium=kamera_4
We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings dominate nature, before they have learned to control themselves. -Albert Schweitzer
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the so-called "lower animals" versus the traits and dispositions of man. The result humiliates me. - Mark Twain
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Thank you :thumbs:

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagles”