Lesser Spotted Eagles - LVM mazais ērglis apsē - 2018 (Latvia)

Lesser Spotted Eagles in Latvia
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Lesser Spotted Eagles - LVM mazais ērglis apsē - 2018 (Latvia)

Post by Felis silvestris »

The second nest camera is located in Varakļāni county, Murmastiene parish forest of Līsiņa, Lativia. Nest is approximately 1.7 km from the other nest. It was not successful in the last 2 years.

The description in the previous years differed a little bit.

Live stream can be called up from the LVM homepage: http://www.lvm.lv/sabiedribai/web-kameras

YouTube stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUuKZgA0HW0

This address may change, the link address for the LVM YouTube channel you find here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8M9n- ... 5xsKhWZk9w

Link to Dabasdati forum for further information (in Latvian language): https://forums.dabasdati.lv/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3869
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Marfo

Post by Marfo »

April 10

He arrived at 10:46, stood calling for two minutes and left at 10:48.
10:48 :shake:

Post by guest »

martinmiethke

Post by martinmiethke »

guest wrote: April 11th, 2018, 12:16 am2 owls visit nest :rolleyes:
Tawny Owls. And a Woodcock can be heared at the beginning …
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

April 14

I made some pictures of the male(?) who visited yesterday at 14:49 it seems. The camera 2 link shows a video of the 13th of April, strange but lucky as well.
He brought a prey (frog) to the nest. He called a bit and left at 14:51

(S)he came again at 16:59, flapping its wings (courting?) and calling. An eagle replied in the distance. The female came to the nest at 17:02, taking the frog from the male that he brought earlier. (I don't know which is which yet..)

Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Hagnat

Post by Hagnat »

----
April 16

07:53 Eagle arrived with nesting material
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

April 20

Eagle on the nest working and calling from time to time :shake:

Marfo

Post by Marfo »

I read on Dabasdati that there is a new LSE nest camera called 'camera 2'. So there are four cams. At the moment it is not working yet but repairs will be made.

https://forums.dabasdati.lv/viewtopic.p ... 84#p178684
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I'll have a look at it when I have more time over the weekend, now I'm too busy!

Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Marfo wrote: April 20th, 2018, 10:24 am I read on Dabasdati that there is a new LSE nest camera called 'camera 2'. So there are four cams. At the moment it is not working yet but repairs will be made.

https://forums.dabasdati.lv/viewtopic.p ... 84#p178684
21-04-2018 the camera is working..

16:45 a LSE visit the nest

https://youtu.be/XLGSUOj0ycM
lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

:puzzled: This thread is already here, isnt't it? http://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/view ... f=97&t=935
We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings dominate nature, before they have learned to control themselves. -Albert Schweitzer
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the so-called "lower animals" versus the traits and dispositions of man. The result humiliates me. - Mark Twain
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Lianaliesma, this topic is for the 2nd LVM camera or whatever it is called. Liz was too impatient to wait for the new topic for the second LDF camera to be opened and posted her pictures in the wrong place.
There is a current (2018) topic for each of the 4 Lesser Spotted Eagle Cameras I know of at the moment. If there are names for the birds hopefully starting to breed, I will add them to the topic title to make things easier.

Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Felis, you could also call the LDF cameras 1 and 2 and the other two (LVM) apsē and (LVM) ēgle as they are in fact called now.
Hagnat

Post by Hagnat »

May 27

The first Dandelion hatched.

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagles”