Latvian WtE nest webcamera Juras-erglis Durbe 2021

White-tailed eagles in Latvia

Moderator: Moderators

ame

Re: Latvian WtE nest webcamera Juras-erglis Durbe 2021

Post by ame »

20:44 she got up and shook her feathers.
then she rolled the eggs.
ame

Post by ame »

21:07 egg roll.
ame

Post by ame »

Sonchik wrote: April 11th, 2021, 7:48 pm Raimis never fed Milda during this period. 1-3 fish can not be counted.
Why an unfamiliar eagle should feed Milda on a regular basis? She can handle it.
first a strange eagle feeds Milda at a fish pond and then does not feed her. what?
i really don't understand this reasoning... :puzzled:

edit: in a normal season during incubation time Raimis came home to sit on the eggs and Milda could go and get her own fish. she didn't need to get fed by anyone.

now Milda can't go fishing herself because there is no Raimis to release her. she has to stay. she can't go. in the end she had to go and leave the eggs.
she could stay if
a) someone would come and bring her food, or
b) someone reliable would come and sit on the eggs while she goes fishing herself.

good night!
Ajeta

Post by Ajeta »

ame wrote: April 11th, 2021, 8:36 pm Milda! she jumped to the nest. - what a strange place for her to land on.
That's what I thought, too. She also looked almost as if she had to remember why she had come here. Good to see her back again before night falls.
Ajeta

Post by Ajeta »

balistar wrote: April 11th, 2021, 6:20 pm thanks to the latest few meals Milda's beak slowly increases again yellow colour
:thumbs:
Ajeta

Post by Ajeta »

nuricp wrote: April 11th, 2021, 7:27 pm Hi everyone,
I’m in love with Milda and her story, is fascinating! I’m learning also a lot here.
Cheers
Welcome nuricp to the Milda fan club !
And I know what you mean about learning - that's what I always feel about this place, too.

:gathering:
Ajeta

Post by Ajeta »

21:20:59 ff Milda is being given a beautiful evening concert by a hidden, but near soloist.
Ajeta

Post by Ajeta »

balistar wrote: April 11th, 2021, 7:17 pm 19.07.56 Milda is looking with long neck towards the forest on opposite site
Yes, that was really a very long neck! And here I could imagine, too, that a far away visible female might be the cause for Milda's outing. I have however some doubt that Milda would let a female come so near the nest as that voice was at 11:04. :puzzled:
Raimis went out last when someone was circling above. Not when someone was already so present in the territory that he would call from near by. I may be wrong, of course. But there also may be all sorts of reasons for Milda to go out we do not even guess. Especially possibly if she might be - regarding Mr C - entering some sort of transitional state again (as she seemed to begin to with Mr X) then who knows what motivates her. Anyway, I'm just glad she came back before dark!
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

sova wrote: April 11th, 2021, 8:15 pm :hi:

Milda, yes, but not Ame :D
:mrgreen: This is what I wrote about a few days ago. Milda is easier than we are. We are already exhausted and she just lives.
ame wrote: April 11th, 2021, 8:36 pm Milda! she jumped to the nest. - what a strange place for her to land on.
Now Milda flies completely different routes. Not the ones she'd flown under Raimis. She also often began to fly low. This has never happened before.
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

ame wrote: April 11th, 2021, 9:26 pm first a strange eagle feeds Milda at a fish pond and then does not feed her. what?
i really don't understand this reasoning... :puzzled:
No, it doesn't. This is a long process. First, Milda flies with him to the pond and everyone catches their own fish. Then Milda tries to take the fish away from Mr. С. Each time Milda is more insistent and Mr. С all the more meekly. Then Mr. C himself will give the fish to Milda. The last stage is Mr. C bring the fish to the nest. This will happen in a year.
edit: in a normal season during incubation time Raimis came home to sit on the eggs and Milda could go and get her own fish. she didn't need to get fed by anyone.
Then you should want Mr. С hatched eggs while Milda hunts. He's half a step away from that.
But you want Mr. C brought the fish. It's impossible. He doesn't have such a program yet. It's a long way to go.

By the way, we don't know what triggers the males to bring fish to the nest. If the male has already had a paternal experience, if a trigger is possible in these circumstances, then the program can be activated.
now Milda can't go fishing herself because there is no Raimis to release her. she has to stay. she can't go. in the end she had to go and leave the eggs.
she could stay if
a) someone would come and bring her food, or
b) someone reliable would come and sit on the eggs while she goes fishing herself.
It would make sense if the eggs hatched into baby eagles. But this is unlikely.
The more often Milda has to leave, the faster the connection with the eggs will be cut off. Then it will be easier for everyone.
Us first. :mrgreen:
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

Ajeta wrote: April 11th, 2021, 9:38 pm That's what I thought, too. She also looked almost as if she had to remember why she had come here. Good to see her back again before night falls.
Yes, she's flying new routes now. But when she came to the nest, she almost always looked at the eggs so strangely, as if she had never seen them before. Nothing has changed in this. :nod:
ame

Post by ame »

i think that time has come that i must remind that
the purpose of this topic is to observe and report events that can be either seen or heard on this camera.

recently observations have been blurred and mixed and even partly replaced by numerous and colourful speculations and discussions about what may happen outside the camera view. these scenarios cannot be either verified nor invalidated. their place is not here.

anyone of us may fill the outside world with any events and creatures we like, and we may imagine whatever events we like taking place in the outside world. presenting these scenarios and speculating about them does not, however, belong here. i must ask you to use the Discussion topic for these purposes.

the Discussion topic is freely at your disposal. this is the link:
https://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/vie ... 81#p787781

thank you for your co-operation.

edit: you can, and may of course, quote and comment posts from this topic in the Discussion topic.
if someone not knows how to do it i'll explain how it happens easily.
1) click the "quote" button on the post which you want to quote.
2) copy everything in the post field (ctrl-A to select all, then ctrl-C to copy).
3) cancel the quoting with the "back"-arrow.
4) go to the Discussion topic and press "post reply" in the post field paste the quoted post by pressing ctrl-V. then write you own comments in the normal way.
ame

Post by ame »

April 12

good morning!
Sonchik wrote: April 12th, 2021, 11:29 am At 5:41, Milda said ka-ka.
At 5:43 ka-ka-ka.
At 5:50 Mr. C began to sing far away. Milda answered.
thank you Sonchik!
Sonchik wrote: April 12th, 2021, 11:29 am ...
At 6:01, Milda woke up and spoke. She yawned. Sleep again.
ame

Post by ame »

6:10 Milda began to look around... she called.
6:11 Mr C flew to the top branch.

Milda cried softly...
ame

Post by ame »

6:13 Milda got up and stretched her wings and she flew away.

Mr C flew after her.

they called in the forest nearby...

then it was quiet...
ame

Post by ame »

6:15 Milda flew back.

she covered the eggs.
ame

Post by ame »

nuricp wrote: April 11th, 2021, 7:27 pm Hi everyone,
I’m in love with Milda and her story, is fascinating! I’m learning also a lot here.
Cheers
nuricp hello and welcome!

:gathering:

sorry i didn't notice you post earlier. it was so buried among others. :blush:
i hope you keep enjoying our forum. :thumbs:
ame

Post by ame »

7:39 Milda kaakaa
Mr C chipchipchip....

Milda flew out.

both called outside.
ame

Post by ame »

7:43 kaakaaakaa chipchipchip in the forest nearby.

then silent...
(i need more coffee)

7:46 Milda returned quietly.
oh no, Mr C called and she called.

(i didn't hear this because i was getting my second beaker of coffee).
ame

Post by ame »

7:56 Milda kaakaaka.
- it begins to rain. :slap:

7:57 Milda flew out.

chipchipchip...

Return to “White-tailed Eagles”