Latvian WtE nest webcamera Juras-erglis Durbe 2021

White-tailed eagles in Latvia

Moderator: Moderators

ame

Re: Latvian WtE nest webcamera Juras-erglis Durbe 2021

Post by ame »

6:33 a great spotted woodpecker started talking nearby....
he/she flew closer and called more.
6:34:13 the woodpecker landed on the right branch but out of sight. the branch began to swing. the woodpecker talked more...
6:35 a little brown bird with white belly landed on the far side of the nest from the top.
6:36 the woodpecker flew from the right branch next to the camera and began to investigate it.

it was a curious juvenile woodpecker again. probably it's the same woodpecker every time. :D
ame

Post by ame »

6:36 the little bird flew away and the woodpecker to the top to the poop branch and back to the top.

the little bird returned to the lower left corner. i think it was a female pied flycatcher.
the woodpecker began peeling cones upstairs. scales were dropping down.
6:37 the little bird returned to the front left corner.
6:39 the little bird went out sight for a few seconds but flew up to the top branch.
6:40 she flew away. the woodpecker called upstairs...
ame

Post by ame »

7:45 two crested tits made a visit.

their crests looked a little under-developed. they were probably young birds. :rolleyes:

7:49:30 again a crested tit on the left side.
ame

Post by ame »

8:39 a grey-headed woodpecker called... then flew to the trunk and went upstairs.

8:44 a wood pigeon flew to the top of the spruce on the right. he sang two verses. then he flew away.
the wood pigeon's visit.

8:48 the grey-headed woodpecker flew away from the top.
ame

Post by ame »

the grey-headed woodpecker's visit.

9:08 voices of grey heron who flew by quite near but out of sight.
- also a great spotted woodpecker was calling (maybe more than one).
ame

Post by ame »

9:12:58 a short eagle's call. a male's voice. not near.
ame

Post by ame »

9:21:48 a woodpecker flew to the top.

9:26 to the left branch.

then to a branch behind the trunk. i think he/she started work with cones.
it's our youngster again, or one of our youngsters. :whistling:
ame

Post by ame »

9:34 the eagles sang.

(this song i found later, i didn't hear it live.)

9:48:about 05 a grey-headed woodpecker called. also great spotted woodpecker called.
ame

Post by ame »

10:37 the little brown bird. this time she was twitching and shaking her wing when she was catching something on the nest, probably flies, hence a flycatcher. :mrgreen:
a female pied flycatcher. :laugh:

10:38:40 eagles called in the forest, a male and a female. this was a long call but i wouldn't call it a song. :puzzled:

10:40 the little bird again.
ame

Post by ame »

10:50:07 eagles called. both female's and male's voices.
10:50:55 more male's calls.
10:52:52 again the male called.
10:53:25 the strange bird's voice.
11:01:00 again a male's call.
11:04:10 again the male.
11:08:34 calls? from very far? or am i hearing voices?
yes, it was an eagle. a female this time i think. she was farther than the earlier calls.

they talked a lot this morning. i must have missed many calls while i was away from the pc.

edit: the P-player has a new update. now it can open the stream again! :headroll:
let's see how long this works... :unsure:
​the Potplayer developer chap keeps saying "use another program" he also wrote something that recording stream is in the border line of being illegal. i don't understand what he meant by that.
ame

Post by ame »

11:56 a wood pigeon flew by. he landed on a spruce on the right near to us, quite next to a bunch of cones that are hanging on the right branch.
then he began to sing together with another pigeon who was farther.
11:57 the pigeon flew away to the left. soon a wood pigeon flew from the left to the big spruce on the right and landed there near the top. he began to sing there and the other pigeon sang in turns with him.
12:11:34 he flew away over the meadow to the back.

there is a constant sound of a machine. it's probably a harvester.
Ajeta

Post by Ajeta »

ame wrote: August 2nd, 2021, 10:55 am edit: the P-player has a new update. now it can open the stream again! :headroll:
let's see how long this works... :unsure:
​the Potplayer developer chap keeps saying "use another program" he also wrote something that recording stream is in the border line of being illegal. i don't understand what he meant by that.
Perhaps that if one does anything with the recording to make money from or things like that?
When you record it for private purposes or - as in your case - to do research on it in the interest of Dabas Fond, I dare say it shouldn't be too illegal, if at all. But I am no lawyer, so just a guess.
Thanks by the way for that great photo of the female hawk's claws approaching the camera - very impressive. And the beautiful pics of the female pied flycatcher - I had not paid attention to that bird before, but it is a real beauty with the fine lines of white on the wings. I learn a lot here thanks to your tireless work (against all odds such as faulty antennas and slow providers - I admired your patience there very much).
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

ame wrote: August 2nd, 2021, 10:55 am
​the Potplayer developer chap keeps saying "use another program" he also wrote something that recording stream is in the border line of being illegal. i don't understand what he meant by that.[/color][/size]
ame, thank you! :loveshower:

they don't know that we are making videos from Wilde life cameras. They think of these types of commercial films. You can stream movies and that's not legal. Usually! :rolleyes:
ame

Post by ame »

13:54:07 a sound as if someone landed on the top. then two ravens called nearby for a short while. both stayed out of sight.

the harvester sound stopped at 15:30 for about 10 min. then it continued for a short while. now it's over.
- it is a sound that it brings back memories from my childhood. :innocent:
edit: 17:14 the sound is there but farther.

thanks Ajeta! :wave:

Liz, two days ago i wrote to the P-player chap and showed him an example of our cameras but he still wrote "use another program". i'm not quite sure that he's very clever... he's a computer nerd. :whistling:
the illegality must have something to do with commercial videos like Ajeta wrote but our cameras are different.

right after i wrote about this (on the previous page) i used P-player for playing some videos and it offered an update. after a few proposals i updated it and then, just out of curiosity i tried to open the stream and what do you know: it opened! :rotf:

now i'm recording with VLC on the other computer and with P-player on the other. they back up each other. it's not very likely that both would fail unless there's a problem in the transmission from the forest in Latvia.
both computers are now connected to my new internet provider's antenna but after they have fixed my old antenna i'll have two independent antennae, too. wearing both belt and suspenders, that will keep the trousers up. two belts and two pairs of suspenders will be even better. :mrgreen:
ame

Post by ame »

17:25 a great spotted flew near somewhere but remained out of sight and called a lot.
17:36 the woodpecker started calling again but stayed out of sight.
17:41 the woodpecker flew away from the top. - i couldn't see any red on the head but the woodpecker flew down so quickly that to see it was very difficult.

it seems that the new version of the P-player can also record for more than 6 hours without automatically stopping. yeah!
:thumbs:
ame

Post by ame »

20:40 the harvester noise was loud again.
at about 20:46 it was raining. the harvester had to stop.

edit: it rained hard till the night came.
ame

Post by ame »

Aug 3

good morning!

4:26 it was dawning and it started to rain.
ame

Post by ame »

5:07:07 an eagle called, a male.
ame

Post by ame »

5:37 crows began to call. the male eagle called. he was closer than earlier.
ame

Post by ame »

5:44 a wood pigeon flew to the top of the spruce on the right. then another pigeon flew from the left and landed on the top of the spruce on the right. he coo'ed... probably the first pigeon was a female and the second a male.
then chaffinches and a nuthatch talked near the nest. a woodpecker flew up and down. the wood pigeon flew off the spruce and back. :laugh:
there were two pigeons! one of them flew away from the spruce by our tree on the right. this was probably the female.
the remaining wood pigeon sang a few verses.
5:54 he flew away.

Return to “White-tailed Eagles”