Latvian WTE nest webcamera: Juras-Erglis 2014

White-tailed eagles in Latvia

Moderator: Moderators

Owlie

Re: Latvian WTE nest webcamera: Juras-Erglis 2014

Post by Owlie »

ame wrote: ...
-IF it is question of getting wet and dry! we don't know! i think your guesses are just as good as mine, just speculation. it's not even certainat all that Janis will find the reason for the fault when he goes there to ring the eaglets and takes a look at the wirings.
I prefer to begin with hoping the best - that the connection break is only a humidity problem
:D

http://www.meteoprog.lv/en/weather/Lubana/
This page has changed their forecast and it looks like it would be rainless already on Thursday - and continuing clear several coming days. And the rain maybe is just showers of rain during the day - not continuous as it was the day when the camera went down
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

http://www.wetter.com/lettland/lubae_na/LV0457799.html
accordance with this Website Weather com - there is no more rain.
it shall very sunny and hot :2thumbsup:
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Liz01 wrote:http://www.wetter.com/lettland/lubae_na/LV0457799.html accordance with this Website Weather com - there is no more rain. it shall very sunny and hot
Bravo, Liz! I believe in the first best forecast - the cam maybe will dry -
:loveshower:
But maybe the heat is a challenge for Lubana and Sartas in cooling down temperature of the chicks - they need a lot of shelter from long lasting sunshine, too
PS
Wettervorhersage
Zu schwer zu verstehen für mich - leichter zu glauben :mrgreen:
ame

Post by ame »

good morning!

today is Friday, May 23rd. the camera has been off for 10 days now....
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

ame wrote:good morning! today is Friday, May 23rd. the camera has been off for 10 days now....
:hi:
Yes, and the chicks are three weeks old ...
Even if it would be nice to get a cam view as soon as possible, I also think that it would be good if the chicks were a little older when Janis & Co could ring them and have a look at the camera, too, when the chicks tolerate better to be without parents a longer time ...

I checked Illimars' status last year - he was over five weeks old when ringed - he hatched 23/24 April and was ringed 31st May. And both parents stayed away a long time - @ame: was Sulev 17 hours earlier and 21 last year and Linda over 30?

Sartas has already showed to be brave and return to the nest relatively early after humans - hope it continues at ringing visit, too
ame

Post by ame »

i had to go back to last year's proceedings to see how long parents stayed away from Illimar. Illimar was ringed in the early afternoon on May 31st. it seems that Sulev the male was the braver one. he came back the next morning to feed Illimar at 9:51:
viewtopic.php?p=244310#p244310

Linda came to the nest just a little later:
viewtopic.php?p=244335#p244335

the parents were heard near the nest already later on the afternoon on May 31st though. there were some observations of that. you can check previous mails.
- i think that is the case usually: parents are somewhere nearby though we don't see them in the camera.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Owlie wrote: PS Wettervorhersage
Zu schwer zu verstehen für mich - leichter zu glauben :mrgreen:
hyvin kirjoitettu saksaksi :whistling:

good morning :hi:
11 days without Lubana, Sartas and the chicks :slap:
Ame, do you think that there is a possibility after to ring, to repair the Camara?
ame

Post by ame »

Liz, i think the camera repair depends totally on what kind of fault there is. Janis will repair the fault if he can, but first of all he has to find out what the problem is. it may happen that he can't find the reason although he already has some idea where it might be. after finding the problem it may turn out to be impossible to repair. who knows... but i'm sure he will try his best.

- i also guess that he will do as Urmas has done in previous years: first repair the camera and then ring the eaglets. that way we'll be able to see the process. :rolleyes:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Thank you , Ame :thumbs:
I hope Janis locates the error :bow:
ame

Post by ame »

still no life signs of the camera...

in the meanwhile Owlie suggested that i should make a list of important events at the nest in the beginning of this topic. that was a very good idea (which has been in use already at other nests but i hadn't noticed...) thanks for the suggestion, Owlie! :wave:
i have now made such a list as the the third post of the topic on page 1:
viewtopic.php?p=298258#p298258

if anyone notices that there is something important missing, please let me know and i'll fill in the list.
and more importantly: if there are mistakes, please let me know so i can correct them.
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

ame wrote:---
i have now made such a list as the the third post of the topic on page 1:
viewtopic.php?p=298258#p298258
---
Thank you ame, you did a lot of work with so many details - and the links to crucial posts are great!
:book:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Owlie wrote:Thank you ame, you did a lot of work with so many details - and the links to crucial posts are great!:book:
think me too :thumbs:

no cam :cry:
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Two weeks without cam and the chicks turn to four weeks age ...
MarshaMay

Post by MarshaMay »

Now when I go to the site, it doesn't say "stream not found" any longer. It keeps searching, so that's different at least. Hopeful that we'll be able to watch soon!
ame

Post by ame »

for me it still says:
"
Your input can't be opened:
VLC is unable to open the MRL 'rtsp://193.40.133.138:80/live/juras-erglis1'. Check the log for details.
"
:faint:
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

I think it is a pity that we have missed such an interesting period in the chicks' life. - Even if we can follow them later on, they will be a lot alone in the nest and mostly rest and sleep - as we can see in the Danish nest, which I have followed actively from those chicks' age of five weeks. Lubana and Sartas' offspring is now four weeks old and probably will get ringed any of these days - when we earliest can count the camera to be fixed, if it is possible. Ofcourse it is still interesting - I just believe that the chicks have been especially active and lively learning just this period when we haven't been able to follow them.
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

@ ame
Do you get info of ringing date/time in advance? It would be nice to know when to await possible fixing of the camera and possibly see the ringing.
vainamoinen

Post by vainamoinen »

Owlie wrote:@ ame
Do you get info of ringing date/time in advance? It would be nice to know when to await possible fixing of the camera and possibly see the ringing.
In our local forum there was an information, that ringing will be today or tomorrow
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

vainamoinen wrote:In our local forum there was an information, that ringing will be today or tomorrow
GREAT! Thankyou Väinämöinen! I'll be guarding it!
(I am curious about why you chose our national hero's name to your nickname? Please send me a PM)
ame

Post by ame »

yeeehaa! Image

or maybe not!?? :puzzled: the camera hasn't been on at all today so far so if the ringing was today it means that the fault was not found...? :unsure:

let's hope it'll be tomorrow. :shake:
... or it could still be tonight!

thanks for the news vainamoinen! :wave:
we'll be watching.

Return to “White-tailed Eagles”