Moderator: Moderators

Liz01

Re: Latvian WtE nest webcamera Juras-erglis 2016: Observatio

Post by Liz01 »

eagle in the nest call. Raven flew around

it is the young male. I saw the tail feathers
ame

Post by ame »

an eagle flew in together with some mobbing ravens.
it seems to be the male of the young couple. (voice & tail).
Trine

Post by Trine »

Wooow, the ravens have courage to pass so close!
Jostein

Post by Jostein »

Hei! :wave: Just joined in from the western coast of Norway and just wonder if someone know what happened to Durbe from last year? I've understand that she is gone and that Robert have a new girl? Otherwise I'm a bit confused since there seems to be different couples visiting the nest the last few days, so who is who? Is Robert one of them or might it be his son from last year with a Young girlfriend?
ame

Post by ame »

i made two slow-motion clips from the Pontu video of the busiest minutes yesterday. Pontu video quality is the best that we can have.
here's the original.

i think that the many eagles-effect was artificial, created by the swift motion in the camera. sometimes camera makes such tricks, just like the four-legged Walküre-eagle earlier yesterday.

the first clip is in 1/16 of normal speed. here the single or extra male is on the nest and the young couple arrives and flushes him away. i have turned off the sound of the original video because that would become only very silly in slow.motion. instead i had in the background the sound of live camera on and at the same time the eagle landed on the nest followed by the mobbing ravens. i couldn't remove these sounds (and partially they fitted the slo-mo vide, except for the ravens.) so the sounds don't belong here.
16:17

in the second clip the female of the young couple is standing on the nest and the single male flies a large circle from the left to the right. at the same time the male of the young couple flies directly to the nest and the single male over the nest.
16:18 this is in 1/8 of normal speed.
ame

Post by ame »

Jostein wrote:Hei! :wave: Just joined in from the western coast of Norway and just wonder if someone know what happened to Durbe from last year? I've understand that she is gone and that Robert have a new girl? Otherwise I'm a bit confused since there seems to be different couples visiting the nest the last few days, so who is who? Is Robert one of them or might it be his son from last year with a Young girlfriend?
Jostein hi and welcome!
:gathering:

nobody knows what happened to Durbe. she was last seen on Dec 29th. she wouldn't stay away if she were alive.

Robert got a new Bride but he doesn't seem to accept her but he also doesn't seem to be able to get rid of her either (if not just a few days ago). Robert and Bride are one couple. the other couple is two young birds who get along well but seem to be too young to start to breed properly. so far they haven't done anything to build the nest. in the past few days there seems to have been a young single male, too. the young couple had a busy afternoon with the single male yesterday.

this is the simplest explanation. it's a difficult situation to interpret because none of these eagles have rings.
Jostein

Post by Jostein »

Thanks Ame and yes, I did se the "battle" yesterday!
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

9:59 it flew away
Shanta

Post by Shanta »

So strange what's going up in this nest and who is who
10:13 unringed calling Eagle comes in, another bird also to see, but Raven (heard it too) or Eagle :puzzled:

Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

sova

Post by sova »

That's the eagle yesterday ( with females ) , he still has blood on foot .
ame

Post by ame »

i clicked the button on exactly wrong moment! :banghead:
a new eagle came and the young male is helpless. this new bird looks much younger and big. it must a female (?). she began to dig the nest.

Shanta

Post by Shanta »

10:39 Heard calling, crashing and ups, what's this for an eagle in nest now? Few seconds after it lands, digging in the nest

Marfo

Post by Marfo »

What happened? I saw 'Bride" sitting on the branch and, I went away and now the young new eagle is on the nest but who is on the branch?
Shanta

Post by Shanta »

LOL if it's a female, seems she want something

Young male is not amused about it

ame

Post by ame »

it's maybe the giant whom we saw some time ago.
the poor male tried to call for help.

khö-khö-khö said the Giant.

she's like Xena. :mrgreen: or even bigger.
ame

Post by ame »

10:49 the male lost his nerve and flew away.

now he has found his girlfriend and they called together in the forest. the Giant listened to them singing with raised head feathers.

Trine

Post by Trine »

This eagle looks like fallen from the sky. "Where is everybody? What did I say? Anything wrong?" :laugh:
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

I was confused.
Jostein

Post by Jostein »

sova wrote:That's the eagle yesterday ( with females ) , he still has blood on foot .
Looks like a typical fight wound wich occures when they hook their claws together. My "avatar" is an injured young wte from a few years ago. He had similar injuries, plus some more serious in his breast after a heavy "dogfight" with another male at high altitude. Hooked together with their claws they spun all the way to the sea surface and crashed. The other one was able to take off again, but this one we had to rescue just before he drowned. After 3 weeks his wounds were healed and he was set free and is now soaring on the winds again.

Return to “White-tailed Eagles”