Latvian WtE nest webcamera Juras-erglis 2016: Discussions

White-tailed eagles in Latvia

Moderator: Moderators

ame

Re: Latvian WtE nest webcamera Juras-erglis 2016: Discussion

Post by ame » April 3rd, 2017, 9:05 pm

Trine wrote:Yeah... Then any potential real discussion becomes - again - just an interruption to your calendar-style monologues. Don´t know if that is good...
But it is not worth of longer arguing. Particularly because there is hardly any discussion here these days.
who is arguing? i don't think that i am. :puzzled:

i also don't quite understand what kind of discussion you would like to have here, Trine. all kind of discussion here was zero for about a year. i think it is good that there is at least some reasonable use for this thread. as i wrote: if this thread is not to someone's pleasing then it is best not to read.

as long as things are running as they are now, with less and less events at the nest, there is no need for disentangling and summarizing what has been going on there. i predict that the 'home-playing' drive of our young couple will gradually extinguish and they'll just come to rest at the nest (like Vents and Shilute did) for the rest of the spring and summer.

ame

Post by ame » April 20th, 2017, 11:38 am

in the following three posts you will find a short chain of discussion which was posted in the Observations-thread. i have moved these posts here because they were off-topic in the Observations-thread. i have, however, kept also the observational parts in the posts so that they can be seen here as they were posted.
On 19 Apr 2017, 20:39 Owlie wrote:Thanks for all the videos.

And sorry for critizising, but having only a few hours a day to follow LK topics I miss pictures with comments on this topic, I have no time for watching the numerous videos. Maybe I am the only one with this opinion, so do ignore me when needed :mrgreen:
On 19 Apr 2017, 21:14 ame wrote:no problem Owlie, (potential) criticism ignored. :mrgreen:
however, i have done a humble effort to describe verbally what has happened at the nest, more than shown only in the videos. i am sorry if you feel that these descriptions have not been sufficient to satisfy your need for information.

for making pictures i have not time. in addition to that i have had problems with the Bucket for a fortnight. i'm afraid that i shall not make much more pictures in the future either. instead everyone is naturally free to download my videos and make and post pictures from them.
and of course everyone can and may take pictures by themselves and post them, even you Owlie! :2thumbsup:

so far no-one has been on the nest in this evening. the evening is still very light so someone may still come... :rolleyes:

edit: i have checked my recordings from the evening. no-one came.

- and a reminder: everyone in the forum may do (or not do) whatever pleases them (within the limits of the rules of course).
On 20 Apr 2017, 09:15 Trine wrote:[quoting "Owlie"]/.../ And sorry for critizising, but having only a few hours a day to follow LK topics I miss pictures with comments on this topic, I have no time for watching the numerous videos. /.../ [/EndOfQuote]
To solve this problem, more people is needed to contribute. People make the information varied. And this should be valued.

ame

Post by ame » April 20th, 2017, 11:39 am

On 20 Apr 2017, 09:33 ame wrote:is there a problem? :puzzled:

anyway, everyone and all contributions are welcome, no-one or nothing is rejected! :thumbs
-within the rules of course and the contributions should also be relevant to the topic. 8-)

the weather is so gorgeous but it's very quiet... :headroll
8:40 the great tit investigated the nest first... then it peeked inside the camera. or perhaps it wanted to check in the mirror that the 'hair-do' was ok. :mrgreen
[youtube VrwTe9Nv-Go /youtube]
On 20 Apr 2017, 10:15 Trine wrote:[quoting "ame"]is there a problem? :puzzled [/EndOfQuote]
Clearly, Owlie had one. I offered my thoughts about it. I am allowed to do so, I think.
Also, my point is that you should not feel sorry about not satisfying everyone´s need for information. No need to take that much responsibility. This is not an one-person forum. 8-)
On 20 Apr 2017, 10:27 Liz01 wrote:Raimis is away

[quoting "Trine"]This is not an one-person forum. 8-)[/EndOfQuote]

here is also Abigyl and I? there are three :mrgreen:

ame

Post by ame » April 20th, 2017, 11:40 am

On 20 Apr 2017, 10:32 ame wrote:if this discussion of potential problems will continue i shall move the posts to the Discussion-topic. these posts are not relevant in the Observation-topic. i'm not quite certain if they are relevant in the Discussions-topic either because that topic should be discussion about things concerning the J-E WTE-topic, or at least something to do with WTES. actually i really don't know where these posts concerning these matters belong to but it's certainly not here.

10:23 Raimis saw something interesting in the southern sky.... then he flew away directly to the back to the right side of the pond.
[youtube vtq9CxhbgU0 /youtube]

btw: if someone wishes to see more pictures from this nest then one should visit the Dabasdati-forum:
https://dabasdati.lv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3686
people there take and post a lot of pictures but very few videos. they write in Latvian (and sometimes a little English with Latvian).

if you are using Firefox you can download the Google Translator add-on. by using it the language difficulty can be somewhat diminished but unfortunately not completely overcome. Latvian is a fairly 'small' language and GT is not very good with small languages. i also have a feeling that DD people write a lot in dialect(s) or slang language and GT is helpless with that. i usually fail to understand at least half of what they write there... i suppose that if my writings in my everyday Finnish would be given to GT if would not be able to make heads or tails out of it. :mrgreen:
On 20 Apr 2017, 10:38 Trine wrote:[quoting "Liz01"]here is also Abigyl and I? there are three :mrgreen:[/EndOfQuote]
Yeah, that is fine :mrgreen:
(Just in case: my point was that there can not be only one person who is responsible for everything (to observe everything, to answer all questions, etc.), hence no need to take all criticism (or "criticism") personally. Relax.)
i have kept the above posts intact with all their contents. i only made the videos invisible. i also had to disable a few smileys as no more than 5 are allowed in one post.

edit (on Apr 23 morning):
while i was cleaning the kitchen i remembered that we have in the forum a special topic dedicated to Ranting:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=155 :D

ame

Post by ame » April 25th, 2017, 3:27 pm

i think i found a rather nice age comparison for the several spotty girlfriends which Raimis had this spring before the present female came. last year on Feb 2 a Latvian young eagle K013 visited the nest. it was ringed on 29.05.2012 in Kurzeme (W Latvia) like Janis told us:
viewtopic.php?p=439063#p439063

so K013 was to become 4 years old in that summer (2016). it looks so big here that i think it is probably a girl, too. so probably Erna and Meitene are probably 4 years old, too. :D

the present female might be 5 years old as she looks much more mature than these girls.

Return to “White-tailed Eagles”