Latvian WtE nest webcamera Juras-erglis Durbe 2018

White-tailed eagles in Latvia

Moderator: Moderators

ame

Re: Latvian WtE nest webcamera Juras-erglis Durbe 2018

Post by ame »

16:46 - 47 someone was calling in the forest. who? first i thought of a tawny owl but maybe not..?
a fox maybe? :help:
ame

Post by ame »

mega2 in DDF saw an eagle fly away from the top at 12:02.
https://forums.dabasdati.lv/viewtopic.p ... 08#p202708

i think i managed to find the arrival of the eagle.
11:51 a raven flew by. a few seconds later a big heavy bird landed on the top shaking the tree. then more raven's and jay's voices were heard.

12:02 the eagle flew away. it was an adult with white tail. it was probably one of our eagles.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

ame wrote: December 11th, 2018, 4:49 pm 16:46 - 47 someone was calling in the forest. who? first i thought of a tawny owl but maybe not..?
a fox maybe? :help:
I think it is a fox :laugh:

http://www.jagd.it/stimmen/mp3/fuchs.mp3
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Liz01 wrote: December 11th, 2018, 1:32 pm 13:31 Strange eagle into the nest :puzzled: Nope It was Raimis and Milda :laugh:

it was such a scramble in the nest that I thought there was Raimis with a strange female :laugh:

ame, I need help. Was it Raimis? Take a look on his tail feathers. It looks very different to a few weekas ago? That confused me a bit today. :puzzled:

EDIT: I found your picture and explanation.
ame wrote: November 20th, 2018, 10:33 am Mr R has two new feathers. both have small black spots on the tip. one of them is already full length but the other is still growing. he had a hole in the tail earlier in the end of summer and early autumn in his tail.
i added marks to the picture by Liz to show these details. i hope that Liz don't mind.:rolleyes:
So all is OK and it is our Raimis.
ame

Post by ame »

also Milda's tail looks slightly different from what it was in the summer. i think she lost a few and they have regrown. now she has three fairly big spots in a horizontal row: . . .

she is "Et cetera" again. :mrgreen: in addition to the spots Raimis has the "mustache" (or "rays" as the people in DDF call them) on the edge of the dark back and the white tail.

i was a bit confused about them a few days/weeks ago. then Milda's feathers were in disorder (i think that Sonchik made pictures). both looked a bit strange. however, i think they are the same eagles as before. they have established their ownership of the territory firmly eough. i'm looking forward to see a 'normal' breeding season here agian. :laugh:
ame

Post by ame »

i saw now that there is also some unrest about the tails in the DDF:
https://forums.dabasdati.lv/viewtopic.p ... 97#p202739

i'm afraid that the GT does not make a good enough translation for me to fully understand... :puzzled:
Vērotāja seems to think that Raimis is not Raimis anymore. :puzzled:
i think that the explanation for the change in appearance is probably that the new tail feathers have grown in length.

anyway, i'm not worried. the changes in the owners of the nest do not take place so easily and un-noticed. there was terrible fighting in two previous winters and springs. i believe that they are our eagles, not any changelings. :D
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

ame wrote: December 11th, 2018, 7:19 pm anyway, i'm not worried. the changes in the owners of the nest do not take place so easily and un-noticed. there was terrible fighting in two previous winters and springs. i believe that they are our eagles, not any changelings. :D
I too so think. But, suddenly a fight was in other place?
Nordri from a chat still determines Raymis by the rest (stump) of a feather which Milda somehow tried to tear out. So today he saw this feather. So it's still Raimis. :laugh:

Events from 11:51 till 14:16

Events went in from 14:43 till 16:47 18 minutes. :innocent:
ame

Post by ame »

21:44 a female tawny owl is calling nearby in the pitch-black night.

Sonchik, i believe that if there were fights at least some of them would take place at the nest. that would not go unnoticed by us. the nest is, after all, the focal point of the territory, i.e. the most important place.

edit: it later came to my mind that the eagles and the ravens were here probably together today. the eagle flew to the top at about noon and the ravens came at about the same time. the voices started then. the ravens also didn't stay much longer after the eagles flew away. their voices became more and more distant.

:wave: :offtobed:
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

Good morning!
Found one moment in yesterday's video. Milda takes off on the right on a meadow and at once flies back to the right. Raymis with surprise looks behind this maneuver. :laugh:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

December 12

Good Morning all :hi:

Thank you for videos and comments :2thumbsup:

I've heard a pygmy owl twice.
8:10 It's getting bright

BTW: I do not think that the two have much to fight. They were very sovereign from the beginning.
In addition, they behave incredibly cool when the ravens are here.
I do not forget how excited Šilutė and Vents have always been when Crows have annoyed them. They had absolutely no respect for the two. It was bad to see.

Good Morning ame :mrgreen:

EDIT: I find it always disturbing when a English translator offers me three or four words. I often do not know which one actually fits :slap: In this case it is sovereign (confident; commanding; masterfully; and then... with his/her usual aplomb :cry: )
ame

Post by ame »

good morning!
light is slowly coming.
8:14:about 00 a pygmy owl whistled.
8:07 i found another call.

Sonchik, thank you for the surprised Raimis. :laugh:

good morning Liz! we wrote at the same time! :rotf:

i think that 'sovereign' is a very good word to describe the status of Milda and Raimis. they are the Queen and the King of this territory. :nod:
Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

Good Morning !

For me it's Raimis. The other day he went to his right branch like before. And... the 3 tulips are still on his tail.

When they come back from their annual "Urlaub" :mrgreen: they always look different.
Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

09:11 An Eagle flew from right to top and it or another, flew in front to the left, down.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

9:11:25 A eagle? flew from the right to the tree top? Jupp! It was an eagle :laugh:

9:11:35 Another eagle flew from the right to the left

M&R :laugh:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Abigyl wrote: December 12th, 2018, 8:57 am ...For me it's Raimis. The other day he went to his right branch like before. And... the 3 tulips are still on his tail.

When they come back from their annual "Urlaub" :mrgreen: they always look different.
not to forget! He loves this branch on the right :mrgreen:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

9:35 Eagle flew from the tree top

Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

I'm glad to see that there were really 2 of them. Thanks !
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

9:43 A coal tit :puzzled:
ame

Post by ame »

thank you!
Liz, Sonchik :hi:
did you get the coal tit on video? my camera had frozen...

i made a few pictures to see and make sure the colour of the tails.
the bird who flew to the top.

the bird who flew by. both were adults. our King and Queen. - or should it be the other way round: the Queen and the King. :laugh:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

10:24 I can hear a male eagle
ame wrote: December 12th, 2018, 10:18 am .........
Liz, Sonchik :hi:
did you get the coal tit on video? my camera had frozen...
I've recorded it

Return to “White-tailed Eagles”