Latvian WtE nest webcamera Juras-erglis Durbe 2020

White-tailed eagles in Latvia

Moderator: Moderators

Abigyl

Re: Latvian WtE nest webcamera Juras-erglis Durbe 2020

Post by Abigyl »

I thought that they are different but later, after more pictures, I think it's the same one.

It is seen under another light or position, which gives it a look from different angles.

The method of flight is really unic; we never saw strangers doing it and so young.
ame

Post by ame »

hello! i came back earlier than i expected.
Liz01 wrote: January 18th, 2020, 11:01 am ame, these are not the best pictures :slap:
[img https://up.picr.de/37689828jb.jpg [/img]

[img https://up.picr.de/37689830ya.jpg [/img]

the beak is different too.

14.01. Eaglet has darker tail feathers
aha! the beaks do really look different. the eagle on 14th had a dark stripe behind the nostril.
i made two pairs of pictures, too.
i think i'm changing my mind about this. i think they are two different birds after all.
the tips of the longest feathers on the wing are different. today's bird had dark tips and the feathers look longer, too, at least one of the feathers. the the tips of the wing feathers of the "14th bird" look more worn.

the "petticoats" (the feathers under the tail) look different, too. today's bird had a lighters petticoat.
Nordri

Post by Nordri »

visitors to the nest. December, January

I have no opinion about the last two visits))
ame

Post by ame »

in the morning it seemed to me as if the ankles of today's eagle looked too thin for a girl... :puzzled:

i made a picture of both for comparison. now the ankles of the "14th bird" and today's bird both look rather thick. - i had to enlarge the "14th bird" to compensate for her standing in the back of the nest. it's the shape of the ankle that matters.

thank you Nordri!

whether there was one eagle or two doesn't really matter, because we'll never know for sure. i took solving this as an exercise for trying to identify birds. we have seen so few recently that any training is good. :D
Nordri

Post by Nordri »

Yes, I also trained for 14 and 18 visitors) But it didn’t work out .. :gathering:
fly to visit .. and well
ame

Post by ame »

Sonchik wrote: January 18th, 2020, 3:52 am I think I hear people 's voices at 8:40-8:42.

15:31 :laugh:
Sonchik wrote: January 18th, 2020, 9:49 am On a photo birdie. :laugh: She flew off the branch.
yes, it was a little bird. :D
i can't say what bird.
Sonchik wrote: January 18th, 2020, 9:49 am ...
Heard voices yesterday. Raimis looked left and down all the time then.
i could not hear anything else but wind.
i don't believe that Raimis would have stood on the nest if there had been people nearby.
they both flew far in the sky when Janis and Maris were at the nest. they were so far that we hardly could see them.
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

ame wrote: January 18th, 2020, 4:46 pm ...
i could not hear anything else but wind.
i don't believe that Raimis would have stood on the nest if there had been people nearby.
they both flew far in the sky when Janis and Maris were at the nest. they were so far that we hardly could see them.
Maybe that's why Raimis left? And he flew in the opposite direction, to the right.

Remember when I saw the crack on Milda's beak?
viewtopic.php?p=699058#p699058

Then I watched a hundred videos and a thousand photos. It was worth Milda turning her head a little bit like a beak looked different. If I tried to identify Milda by the beak, I would have 100 Mild. :mrgreen: But we know Milda's alone.
It is not possible to find the same view, at a single distance and with the same illumination. For me, a beak is not a sign now.
Everybody's a recognized marker, it's a tail. I don't see the difference in tails.
Liz01 wrote: January 18th, 2020, 11:01 am ...
Sonchik wrote: January 18th, 2020, 11:18 am Image
So did Crissy and I notice the mark on the right wing.
Crissy wrote: January 18th, 2020, 10:57 am :hi:

I think it was the same juvenile eagle, this one had similar feathers layout on the right side
There's another thing for me - body shape. But nobody sees her but me. :mrgreen:

By the way, the crack on Milda's beak is old. I found it on the March video but I didn't find it on the 2018 video.
Biker

Post by Biker »

:hi:
a few more pictures of the visitor this morning

*Please don't feed the trolls!*
Biker

Post by Biker »

*Please don't feed the trolls!*
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

:mrgreen: Guess where who?

Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

Biker, cool photos! :thumbs:
ame wrote: January 18th, 2020, 4:08 pm ...
the "petticoats" (the feathers under the tail) look different, too. today's bird had a lighters petticoat.
:puzzled:

My version of video.
9:52
Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

JANUARY 19th, 2020

Good Morning!

On Sunday, it's time to visit us :thumbs: :2thumbsup:

Sounds very windy :slap:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Good Morning!

9:03 swans are singing

Abigyl, I hope they will come. I miss Milda :D

Now you have to check your videos whether someone has reported it and then an age restriction is made by youtube. I had the problem. But it was resolved quickly. If you are not careful, you even cannot show any feeding. It could take children to a psychiatrist. How crazy is that
ame

Post by ame »

good morning!

windy weather and cloudy again, but this is ok. we have seen worse. 8-)
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

Good morning!
Liz01 wrote: January 19th, 2020, 9:05 am ...
Now you have to check your videos whether someone has reported it and then an age restriction is made by youtube. I had the problem. But it was resolved quickly. If you are not careful, you even cannot show any feeding. It could take children to a psychiatrist. How crazy is that
When these innovations were introduced, I immediately chose in the settings that all my videos are for adults. All my new videos automatically have this setting.
ame

Post by ame »

i chose the setting that all my YT videos for children. maybe i should change? :puzzled:
i don't believe that many children would watch our videos very long. in most of them nothing special happens. i think they must be rather boring to children, compared to all other things that are especially made for children.
ame

Post by ame »

Sonchik wrote: January 18th, 2020, 6:42 pm ...
There's another thing for me - body shape. But nobody sees her but me. :mrgreen:
here you have a special gift or a talent: you can see the body shape. :bow:
i can't see anything at all in that respect. you beat us all here with 6 - 0. :laugh:

first of all, the picture with the beaks: i cannot guess which is who. the other picture is so blurred that one can only see that it's not an adult. (Sonchik may even tricked us and both pictures are of the same bird! :mrgreen: )
the tail pictures of the eagles leaving are not clear enough to make a reliable comparison. the tail should be seen on the nest, not any farther. yesterday's bird didn't show its tail properly so the tail is out of the question, too.

i think that the pair of pictures of the beaks which Liz made yesterday gives us a real clue.
i marked here the dark stripe on the "14th bird". that is something real which yesterday's bird did not have. the length and the shape of the beaks is more difficult to compare because i don't think that we can see exactly full profiles of the birds. the "14th bird" may be looking slightly away and the yesterday's bird to us.
ame

Post by ame »

i also made a new pair of Crissy's pictures. i perhaps could not explain well enough what the differences were. i marked there the details which are different.
the "14th bird" had feathers of clearly different lengths on its wing. on the rear side (closer to body) there is at least one very long feather and then a row of shorter feather.

yesterday's bird had feathers of more equal length. -it's also possible that they have folded their wings a bit differently so that the long feather on this bird are outside the yellow (and red) ellipse.
the more striking difference is, however, that the tips of the feathers on this bird have darks spots ("eyes"). i have marked two of them with yellow lines.

yesterday's bird had a lot of the "eyes" on the tips of its feathers all over the wing. i remade the picture which i posted yesterday and marked there some of these "eyes".
another difference with the wing feathers is that the tips on the "14th bird" look worn and ragged while the tips on yesterday's bird are smooth and round. it came to my mind that yesterday's bird might be younger than the "14th bird", i. e. from last summer.
we can see almost the same length of their tails in both of these pictures. there is some white in the tail of the "14th bird" but the whole tail of yesterday's bird is black as far as it's shown here.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Sonchik wrote: January 19th, 2020, 9:48 am ......When these innovations were introduced, I immediately chose in the settings that all my videos are for adults. All my new videos automatically have this setting.
I did it too! But you have to set, if a video is not suitable for children. You don't automatically have 18 +
When I make videos, e.g. As Harriet and M15 eat part of E14 (their chick) , I have to click explicitly that it is unsuitable for children.
I didn't do it with the broken blood feather video because I didn't think it was inappropriate. So someone reported it. Thank you youtube user! No matter how, it is again for everyone to watch.

Example:
Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

ame wrote: January 19th, 2020, 10:59 am i chose the setting that all my YT videos for children. maybe i should change? :puzzled:
i don't believe that many children would watch our videos very long. in most of them nothing special happens. i think they must be rather boring to children, compared to all other things that are especially made for children.
From my experience with kids, even those who knows the YT, you need to stay with them and to explaine the story and the basics like importance and nature around etc. They are very interested and always ask when eggs are coming again or about the falling-building of nest. You have to be around to stop/change the video where there are parts not for kid's age or education.
I have 2 kids of my neighbours, a nice VEGAN family; I have to be very selective with them. They don't have TV at home but come to watch cartoons with my family :mrgreen:

Return to “White-tailed Eagles”