Black Stork Nest 2 ~ Tiit & Tiina ~ Daily Summary 2011

Cameras Watching over Black Storks nest
Jo UK
Site Admin

Re: Black Stork Nest 2 - Daily Summary

Post by Jo UK »

May 30

Beans is very pleased that the webcam is OK now! Video - Video: Four Tiny Baby Black Storks

Chicks are fed frequently. There is abundant food so far, this year.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

May 31

Because of storms in USA Kitty KCMO was absent during hatching and the first days of chicks lives. Now she is back with us.

Bleggi - The little ones first were laying like sleeping, then they started talking like ducks - it is so crazy to hear that - every of them has to tell more than the other one :bounce: Now it was enough and sleeping continues
10:41 - 11:00

Ziva gave us awful news from a Netherlands Black Stork nest -

This is so beautifull to see - and thank you all for the pictures.

I think I must tell this this; there was something terrible last night going on in a stork-nest the Netherlands. There where
three healthy little storks but there was a attack (they think) from a procession caterpillar, it was not nice to see. (edit to add - Oak processionary moth caterpillar) One died, but
the most sad thing is that they would get there rings this weekend. It is so sad too see.
The web-site is on the home-page from looduskalender; birdcams from the Netherlands

Venegor's video -
Evening feeding

End summary May 31
asteria

Post by asteria »

I have just compared weights of this year storklets with Big, Mid and Little. Uksi and Kaksi are bigger than Ms Big, Kolme is a bit bigger than Ms Little and poor Neli is the smallest one among all the chicks... but at least alive and looks healthy.
Whoever saves one life saves the world entire

Return to “Black Stork Camera Forum”