Adding images

How this Forum Works - Questions and Answers

Moderator: ame

ame

Re: Adding images

Post by ame »

thank you Rionn! :bow: your instructions will be very helpful to your countrywomen and- men! :gathering:
ame

Post by ame »

when you get bored with the poor quality of the screencaptures that you get using Windows Mediaplayer it is time to find another player which is equally simple to use but gives you better pictures. almost any other videoplayer is better than Windows Mediaplayer. you can try for example the VLC-player or the GOM-player (which i am using). both of them can be downloaded from the internet:
http://vlc-media-player.en.softonic.com/ or
http://download.cnet.com/GOM-Media-Play ... 51786.html

när du blir för irriterad med den dåliga kvaliteten av bilder du får när du använder Windows Mediaplayer det är dags att du skulle skaffa dig en annan spelare som är lika lätt och enkel att använda men som skall ge dig bättre bilder. nästan vilken som hälst spelare är bättre än Windows Mediaplayer. du kan prova t.ex. VLC-player eller GOM-player (som jag använder). dom kan du finna och nerdumpa från dessa addresser i interet:
http://download.cnet.com/GOM-Media-Player
/3000-13632_4-10551786.html

kun kyllästyt Windows Mediaplayer'in antamaan surkeaan kuvanlaatun, voit hankkia itsellesi jonkin toisen videosoittimen, joka on yhtä helppokäyttöinen, mutta josta saa parempilaatuisia kuvakaappauksia. melkein mikä tahansa on parempi kuin Windows Mediaplayer. voit ladata itsellesi internetistä ilmaiseksi esimerkiksi VLC-soittimen tai GOM-soittimen (jota minä käytän). ne löytyvät seuraavista osoitteista:
http://download.cnet.com/GOM-Media-Player
/3000-13632_4-10551786.html
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

I have a link for the enthusiast, for photo editing.
Free and very useful, with many possibilities
It is perhaps in your language.

http://photofiltre.free.fr/download_en.htm

Example..
before and after

Image Image
Ziva

Post by Ziva »

testing again [img]vlcsnap-2011-06-10-17h25m02s221[/img]
CocoNut

Post by CocoNut »

Testing
CocoNut

Post by CocoNut »

:D I did it!!! :loveshower:
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Congratulations
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

Animated gifs have become a new favourite here. Picasion http://picasion.com/ is one of the providers to make them, but it allows only 10 images per gif. It can be added from their site only - I don't know how long it will last afterwards! It can be downloaded to your own PC though.

Another provider is http://www.myspacegens.com/handler.php? ... matedimage which allows you according to the website up to 50 (!) pictures in one go to creat a gif. The completed gif has to be downloaded and to place it in LK-Forum it has to be hosted again at a provider who can handle animated gifs (Photobucket can for example).

Edit: I just made one with 85 (!!) pictures! It worked!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

Thanks for this link, Felis - I just gave it a try with 13 pictures - works like a charm! I wish animations would run once and then stop - sometimes I have a hard time with figuring out just where they start and stop - maybe I should add a start-stop image!
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Unfortunately this one has no choice for how many times it's running, I had viewed one which had it, but that had a maximum of I think 20 pictures and was a bit difficult to handle. This one is quite easy to handle and I have used more than 80 for one of the Käsmu gifs, no problem at all!

Actually, they make gifs for "myspace" - but as long as they work here ...
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

ame

Post by ame »

NancyM wrote:Thanks for this link, Felis - I just gave it a try with 13 pictures - works like a charm! I wish animations would run once and then stop - sometimes I have a hard time with figuring out just where they start and stop - maybe I should add a start-stop image!
i've sometimes taken an "extra" picture after things have stopped happening and used that as a "period" in the end of the gif, like for instance the bird is standing still after landing or wing exercise or something like that. or sometimes i've added the first or last picture twice, but that has looked a bit silly.
aita

Post by aita »

14:12:54
Maxie4Paws

Post by Maxie4Paws »

could someone help me as i would love to share some of the pic. that i have of Stephi and i have not been able to upload them as it says they are to big. i do not know how to make them smaller.
hope that someone can help me
NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

Maxie, hope I can help you ...

First of all, are you using Photobucket or some other hosting service for your pictures?

For the forum, we prefer to have pictures that are no larger than 800 pixels wide, so if yours are too big, you can first resize them in Photobucket.
Maxie4Paws

Post by Maxie4Paws »

NancyM wrote:Maxie, hope I can help you ...

First of all, are you using Photobucket or some other hosting service for your pictures?

For the forum, we prefer to have pictures that are no larger than 800 pixels wide, so if yours are too big, you can first resize them in Photobucket.
thank u for your help . i will go there and see what i can do. thank u so very much 4 your help.
joey

Post by joey »

:loveshower:
:shake:
Maxie4Paws

Post by Maxie4Paws »

Hello, I hope that someone can help me. I would love to add my avatar to my name and I do not know how to do it.. I hope that someone can help me with this. Thank you. :dunno: :puzzled:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Go to "User control panel" on top right corner of the page, click there, on this page, click "profile" on the left column, several "Edit" options appear, one of them is "Edit avatar". Please do not use a blinking one, and also remember the size restrictions of: Maximum dimensions; width: 120 pixels, height: 120 pixels, file size: 146.48 KiB.

lukris

Post by lukris »

How do I post a picture which are saved on my computer? I took a printscreen and saved it, what do I do to post it in forum? :book: :slap: :puzzled:
Dum spiro, spero
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Actually you have put your question in the right thread, all the necessary answers are here. I think some members even provided step-by-step instructions in various languages.
First of all you need an account with one of the free photo hosts (like Photobucket, Flickr ...) and load your picture there. After that you only have to use the [img ] [ /img] brackets (if you use Photobucket you get the complete link already served from them on a silver platter) to insert the picture here.

Please remember to limit the amount of pictures in one post to 5, members with slower computers will thank you for this. Remember also, pictures should not exceed the size 800 x 600 in order to make sure the picture fits on smaller monitors without scrolling!

Return to “Questions and Help”