White-tailed Eagles ~ 2011-2012 ~ Linda & Sulev

Webcam Watching over White-tailed Eagles nest

Moderator: ame

fireblade1

Re: White-tailed Eagles Nest Cam Discussion 2011

Post by fireblade1 »

Felis silvestris wrote: Now lets all hope Linda and Sulev find their old nest attractive enough to have another season there! :bow:
I have the feeling, somehow, that they are close to the nest already.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

You think because of the so far very mild winter? Would make it easy to have a good start!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

I also hope we will meet Linda & Sulev again next season.
While we wait we can enjoy a picture of a WTE, posted in a norwegian bird forum:
http://www.fugleforum.no/index.php?s=85 ... e&img=2436
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

Very nice picture of the WTE, Lussi, thank you!
Kitty KCMO
maertha

Post by maertha »

Hello :wave: ,
I just found this:

Premiere - Thursday 2 February, at 15:00 CET on Viasat Nature (SCANDI):
Viasat Nature Scandinavia - The Saga of the White-tailed Eagle

fireblade1

Post by fireblade1 »

maertha wrote:Hello :wave: ,
I just found this:
The Saga of the White-tailed Eagle
Viasat Nature/Crime Perjantai 3.2. klo 11:00
Once widespread throughout Europe, the sea eagle is now sadly nearly driven to the brink of extinction. This touching program focuses on the true life story of one bird, over the course of a year. Capturing its birth in a European forest, a team tracks the eagle’s first family outing and its migration all the way to Norway in Scandinavia. The cameras also close in on the bird’s dramatic lead poisoning and recovery back to health, before documenting its settlement into a nature reserve. Pituus: 60 min.
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

There are three chicks in one of the North American bald eagle nests. Venegor has been keeping track with photos & videos here, if anyone is interested: viewtopic.php?p=125723#p125723
Kitty KCMO
maertha

Post by maertha »

fireblade1 wrote: The Saga of the White-tailed Eagle
Viasat Nature/Crime Perjantai 3.2. klo 11:00
Once widespread throughout Europe, the sea eagle is now sadly nearly driven to the brink of extinction. This touching program focuses on the true life story of one bird, over the course of a year. Capturing its birth in a European forest, a team tracks the eagle’s first family outing and its migration all the way to Norway in Scandinavia. The cameras also close in on the bird’s dramatic lead poisoning and recovery back to health, before documenting its settlement into a nature reserve. Pituus: 60 min.
Thanks, fireblade! :2thumbsup:
fireblade1

Post by fireblade1 »

:wave:
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

:2thumbsup: Great shot fireblade. No one home...yet. :D
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
maertha

Post by maertha »

I´m glad to see this nest again, thanks for the picture, fireblade.

And a lot of thanks to Urmas and all those who make this possible!
:bow: Image

I asked Urmas if there are any news about Linda and Sulev or other eagles in the nest area. He said as yet they observed no visible marks of nest owners, only a couple of eagles feathers on a tree nearby.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

:headroll: The cam is on again! I keep my fingers crossed that Linda and Sulev will use this nest again this year! :bow:

Thanks to Urmas and his helpers!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
ame

Post by ame »

the old reliable camera clicked on in the morning at 8.26. i think Urmas and Renno and others are testing the system. i think the camera must have been up there in the tree all the time as this is exactly the same view as in the summer. i guess that also the solar panel and battery and transmission antenna must have been in the forest all the time...
ame

Post by ame »

this is a snapshot which i took yesterday. i'll post it anyway even thought it's practically the same as Fireblade's picture above. :D

and here's a clip i recorded yesterday.

Henk posted this address on the Winter eagles-thread yesterday at 12.58.(viewtopic.php?p=128627#p128627) thank you Henk for being so observant! :thumbs:
Henk wrote:Eagles nest running cam.

http://weather.ee/silma/ :loveshower: :loveshower: :loveshower:
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

I just woke for a bit & checked the Decorah eagle cam. :loveshower: The American bald eagle mother laid her first egg on 17 Feb 2012 at about local time 19:47 (7:47 pm). There is a very good video of the entire laying porcess showing that she goes through labor not unlike the labor mammals endure to give birth. The video is long, nearly 22 minutes, but quite interesting. The first part shows how restless she is, then she begins peeping sounds & it is almost like hearing a sparrow cheep-cheeping. Then she stands & at about point 7:08 on the video she drops the egg. She remains standing protectively over the egg while the shell hardens, & finally rearranges herself to roll it under herself (you can see it clearly) & cuddles it to keep it warm. Here is the URL if anyone wants to see (I probably should not post the actual video here as it belongs to someone else):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo9ZVON-q3s

And the good news, too, is that this WTE cam has started up again. Yay! We will see baby eagles perhaps in both places! (Now I go back to bed. :whistling: )
Kitty KCMO
ame

Post by ame »

Kitty: have you seen the video of how Linda gave birth to her first egg two years ago?
i'll look it up.... it's here: viewtopic.php?p=63827#p63827

we watched that process live and it was very intense and emotional. :loveshower: it started somewhere about here: viewtopic.php?p=63768#p63768
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

The WTE cam is open, thank you :loveshower: I cross my fingers for the upcoming season.
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

ame wrote:Kitty: have you seen the video of how Linda gave birth to her first egg two years ago?
i'll look it up.... it's here: viewtopic.php?p=63827#p63827

we watched that process live and it was very intense and emotional. :loveshower: it started somewhere about here: viewtopic.php?p=63768#p63768
Thanks, Ame! I especially liked this picture, it is as if Sulev is saying, "What, you don't have it out, yet? Stop doing headstands & push it out!" :rotf:

Mutikluti wrote:...

Kitty KCMO
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

Cam came online. Nothing has changed since yesterday, & there is a light snow falling.

Kitty KCMO
ame

Post by ame »

Kitty KCMO wrote:.... I especially liked this picture, it is as if Sulev is saying, "What, you don't have it out, yet? Stop doing headstands & push it out!" :rotf:
:rotf: :mrgreen:

i took a video and a snapshot, too, even though nothing is changed since yesterday, except that snow has melted a little since yesterday even though it's snowing. the L is more clear now than yesterday i think.

and today it's more windy than yesterday.

Return to “White-tailed Eagles Camera Forum”