Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012 ~ Tuuli & Remo

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Re: Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012 ~ Tuuli & Remo

Post by Felis silvestris »

Bubo wrote:Thank you Felis!
VLC already works for me, only need to wait much until it loads. Now i'm learning how to take snaps fast :2thumbsup:
Good! :thumbs: If you need more help, send me a PM, I think it's otherwise too much here!
Grieta wrote:From yesterday work Latvian LSE cam. Two eagles seen at the nest yesterday 12:37. It is a new nest and these eagles no name yet.

mms://wm.tiesraides.lv/lu1
Thank you Grieta, I was already looking around if I find any news about a Latvian cam! I hope this year will be a better year for the Latvian eagles! :wave:

NB: forgot to post this and went shopping :slap: :banghead:
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
YTQ

Post by YTQ »

urmaslett wrote: Don't panic!
We cannot do two different streams because of bandwidth limitations from nest site.
We will not change existing popular streams.

You can still use VLC with URLs like:
rtsp://193.40.133.138:80/live/konnakotkas
rtsp://193.40.133.138:80/live/tooni

Saving stream with ffmpeg to mkv format:
ffmpeg -i rtmp://193.40.133.138/live/tooni -acodec copy -vcodec copy tooni.mkv

regards,
Urmas

Unfortunately, I have no idea what this means. Are there links that we can use to see the cams?
asteria

Post by asteria »

I wonder if Padis or Toomas are going to visit this nest like last year. It would be nice to see them again.
Whoever saves one life saves the world entire
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

YTQ wrote:

Unfortunately, I have no idea what this means. Are there links that we can use to see the cams?
We have three (!) LSE nests by now:
There are Eha and Koit: [url]rtsp://193.40.133.138:80/live/konnakotkas[/url] - VLC working link
or live stream by JWplayer: http://pontu.eenet.ee/player/konnakotkas.html
there are Tuuli and Remo: [url]rtsp://193.40.133.138:80/live/tooni[/url] - VLC working link
or live stream at: http://pontu.eenet.ee/player/tooni.html
and there is a Latvian nest with this address: [url]mms://wm.tiesraides.lv/lu1[/url]

Hope this helps you! :wave:
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

macko50

Post by macko50 »

Felis silvestris wrote: Maybe somebody knowing more about streams, catching and recording them, has an idea, if and how your Replay AV would work with it?
I think it's not the same:

if you can watch a stream or
if you can capture a moment from the screen you are actually watching or
if you can capture a stream you are actually watching or
if you can shedule a stream capture, and after you have time you can create (editing and splitting) a good video from the events that happened before.

It is 4 level, and I think a good source has to let me, to use the 4. level too. With the old streams I enjoyed very much, that I could create good videos using my Replay AV (sheduling stream capture, editing and splitting my recorded files), and now it seems to be over.
"One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals." - Mahatma Gandhi
George
http://madarlesok.lapunk.hu/
YTQ

Post by YTQ »

Felis silvestris wrote: We have three (!) LSE nests by now:
There are Eha and Koit: [url]rtsp://193.40.133.138:80/live/konnakotkas[/url] - VLC working link
or live stream by JWplayer: http://pontu.eenet.ee/player/konnakotkas.html
there are Tuuli and Remo: [url]rtsp://193.40.133.138:80/live/tooni[/url] - VLC working link
or live stream at: http://pontu.eenet.ee/player/tooni.html
and there is a Latvian nest with this address: [url]mms://wm.tiesraides.lv/lu1[/url]

Hope this helps you! :wave:

I tried the rtsp and the computer asks for an app to open it with, do you know what this means? Thanks you so much! :slap:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Do you have VLC player? If yes, just copy the address and use it (click: Media/Open location from clipboard) and be patient, it takes a moment to start and run!

YTQ

Post by YTQ »

Thank you so much. I'll work on it and see what I can do. :banghead: I LOVE the latvian/Estonian cams! The birds are so beautiful, and we don't have them here/ :loveshower:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I hope you get it running. If you click the non-VLC-link it should open a window with the JWplayer in your browser (it does in Firefox).
Nobody home here. I think, Mutikluti might have seen the picture which shortly appears when opening the playere in the browser, of Tuuli, Remo and 2 eggs as Bubo said. I have checked Pontu pictures between 10 and 11.30 and did not see anything except for Tuuli popping in and out a couple of times, which does not say anything, as the picture is taken only once every minute. Much can happen in between, as we know.
It's getting dark, I guess Tuuli sleeps somewhere else. On the other nest Eha seems to prepare for the night on the nest.

Bubo

Post by Bubo »

20:45 Nest is empty, earlier i heard LSE calling, but nobody showed here.
Maybe tomorow we will see Remo here? I'm realy waiting for him and eggs and eaglet. Nice memories of Tormi... (when did we know - male or female is Tormi?)

While i was writing this post there were LSE calls again.
Good night :wave:
Bubo Bubo
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

No, we still have not heard anything about Tormi. I had asked Urmas, but he did not know himself by then.
I also hope that Remo will arrive tomorrow and the nest life can start! Did you manage to work out VLC snapshots?

Grieta

Post by Grieta »

Posted inactive links for VLC (Copy-Paste it to VLC Media-Open Netwok Stream)

Code: Select all

rtsp://193.40.133.138:80/live/tooni

Code: Select all

rtsp://193.40.133.138:80/live/konnakotkas
In the Dabasdati forum my name is Vērotāja
NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

7:30 AM - no one in the nest this morning
Bubo

Post by Bubo »

Good morning :hi:

At 9:36 I heard firs calls of LSE and at 9:39 Tuuli arrived here!

She is looking for nest comfortabile, preening, and shouting loud :laugh:

Felis silvestris wrote:No, we still have not heard anything about Tormi. I had asked Urmas, but he did not know himself by then.
I also hope that Remo will arrive tomorrow and the nest life can start! Did you manage to work out VLC snapshots?
Thank you for the information, Felis! :wave: And yes, i managed to get snaps on VLC with Fraps, but it is lagging and quality isn'st so good. But I will get used with it :2thumbsup:
Bubo Bubo
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Good morning :hi:
09:46: Tuuli:
- preening, calling, working and waiting....
Bubo

Post by Bubo »

10:38 Tuuli shouting

10:40 She flew off
Bubo Bubo
Mutikluti

Post by Mutikluti »

Good morning! :wave:
I'm so glad to see Tuuli here again! :loveshower:

Away...

Back with a twig...

She flew away again...
Proud to be a member of SHoW
Amsel67

Post by Amsel67 »

I read about those twigs: they put them in the nest for hygienic purposes !
Das Gras wächst nicht schneller, wenn man daran zieht
ame

Post by ame »

good morning!
so much has happened here since the last time i had a look. and Tuuli is back! :loveshower: i've been so occupied with the buzzards at the WTE nest... besides i had given up hope of this nest when i saw that it was on JWPlayer. but now VLC-playable stream is back! that's good news, thank you Urmas L. :thumbs:

i captured Tuuli on video this morning and it's seems that by accident right after she had come. there was something funny about the picture and sound though, they didn't match.

Bubo: you don't need to use Fraps to take pictures from VLC. you can take snapshots directly with VLC, and record video, too.
i made a "tutorial" on the Technical questions-thread once (when i was learning how to use it myself) about how to download VLC and how to start to use it. if i remember right the buttons for recording weren't on the VLC-panel in the beginning but they had to be added there. the instructions how to do it are here:
viewtopic.php?p=91485#p91485
ame

Post by ame »

macko50 wrote: It's a very bad news to me :( I bought and used Replay AV for saving streams before. It was a very comfortable way for saving the streams. I can shedule my saving with it, and I can edit the saved files later. Replay AV was working wery well with the old streams, but cant work with new URL-s, as I see now :(
Macko: if i remember right Fleur uses the same program as you, the Replay AV, and she used it with nova-camera last winter, that is with the JWPlayer. it should work with the JWPlayer at tooni, too. maybe you could ask Fleur how she did it. (she hasn't been around for a while, has she?)

VLC can be used at least for the three first tasks that you want: watching, taking snapshots and saving (recording) stream. i don't know about scheduling..? :puzzled:

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagle Webcam Forum”