Migration Map

Migration Maps, Tõnn, Greater Spotted Eagle and Black Storks
Post Reply
User avatar
asteria
Registered user
Posts: 7518
Joined: February 6th, 2009, 10:37 am

Re: Migration Map

Post by asteria » May 6th, 2010, 10:30 am

Great! Lembit is not Lembit-the-loser anymore, he is Lembit-the-Survivor. :loveshower:

Maybe Kaku is also alive? I was in Jordan last week and I can tell you that at least on Jordan territory across the border the police control is very rigid. There are a lot of posts, police checks all the cars very attentively, checks the passports and I think illegal hunters wouldn't dare to appear there.

User avatar
macdoum
Registered user
Posts: 6786
Joined: November 17th, 2008, 1:12 am
Location: Alsace, France

Post by macdoum » May 8th, 2010, 1:26 am

asteria wrote:Great! Lembit is not Lembit-the-loser anymore, he is Lembit-the-Survivor. :loveshower:

Maybe Kaku is also alive? I was in Jordan last week and I can tell you that at least on Jordan territory across the border the police control is very rigid. There are a lot of posts, police checks all the cars very attentively, checks the passports and I think illegal hunters wouldn't dare to appear there.
We all still hope for Kaku.. but there are arms everywhere in that region. :cry:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson

User avatar
asteria
Registered user
Posts: 7518
Joined: February 6th, 2009, 10:37 am

Post by asteria » May 8th, 2010, 2:35 pm

Padis was in the nest today!!!

User avatar
Jürgen
Registered user
Posts: 230
Joined: April 4th, 2010, 2:24 pm
Location: Estonia, Tartumaa/Tartu

Post by Jürgen » July 8th, 2010, 10:34 am

I saw Valdur today :D

visitor
Registered user
Posts: 469
Joined: October 31st, 2008, 8:56 pm
Location: Tallinn

Post by visitor » July 8th, 2010, 7:19 pm

jürka wrote:I saw Valdur today :D
Wow!!! :loveshower:

Tell us everything, please!!! Does he have a family/chicks? Did you take any pictures?
a storkaholic

User avatar
Jürgen
Registered user
Posts: 230
Joined: April 4th, 2010, 2:24 pm
Location: Estonia, Tartumaa/Tartu

Post by Jürgen » July 8th, 2010, 9:57 pm

visitor wrote: Wow!!! :loveshower:

Tell us everything, please!!! Does he have a family/chicks? Did you take any pictures?
I am sorry to dissapoint you... but i didn't saw him in the South Estonia. While going to ring ospreys we looked at the new data of where the black storks have moved. And for my surprise Valdur went very close to my Home!!!!!

So i thought i'd give it a try and look from him and i saw him farely easy :shock:

Looked like he was posing to me :laugh: He is near Tartu. There is a place called: Aardla polder and he is near there. And i hope he stays there for a long time Because i'd really love to see a black stork daily :laugh:

EDIT: Tomorrow i am going to ask my mum if i can take a camera with me. Though he will stay about 100meters away from me i tihnk that is enough to see that it is a black stork.

visitor
Registered user
Posts: 469
Joined: October 31st, 2008, 8:56 pm
Location: Tallinn

Post by visitor » July 8th, 2010, 11:11 pm

THANK YOU for the report, I'm not disappointed, not at all!!! You really are one lucky guy, at first you can visit birds in their nests with Urmas and now the birds are coming to visit you in your home! I hope you can take some pictures.

It seems Valdur doesn't have a family this year? (Sorry if this has been discussed here before.) And there was a story about Leida (?) - didn't she move to Latvia? Why?
a storkaholic

User avatar
Jürgen
Registered user
Posts: 230
Joined: April 4th, 2010, 2:24 pm
Location: Estonia, Tartumaa/Tartu

Post by Jürgen » July 9th, 2010, 8:56 am

Today i don't want to go and see him because weather here looks suspicious :unsure:

As it seems to me Valdur doesn't have family because he vouldn't have come 40 km(i tihnk... might me more)away from his home. If weather doesen't look suspicious tomorrow i will go and check him again. :D

Leida's story was a strange one yes. At her (i tihnk it was her nest) we had a camera which takes pictures which reacts for movement. At second day there was 2 males fighting in the nest. The one who won had to wait about 2 weeks and then Leida turned out. The unknow male and Leida did get 1 or 2 eggs and started to breed. But then there turned out anoher female!!! The fight happened on night and the egg probably fell down from the nest. We did find some egg remains under the nest. Then the unknow female won Leida and not long after she flew away. Interesting is that both of those unknow black storks tryed to breed! It was 23-rd May(if i am correct) But then sadly the batteryes of the camera ran out :cry:

Urmas even said something that it MAY be the next year's black stork camera place. Though it seemed to me that it was just an idea which wont go true... but who knows :rolleyes:

visitor
Registered user
Posts: 469
Joined: October 31st, 2008, 8:56 pm
Location: Tallinn

Post by visitor » July 9th, 2010, 9:48 pm

Thank you for the story about Leida! How sad - two females in one nest and none in the other... there should be a databank for Black Storks about nests and mates available! :mrgreen:

Why did you think the idea of a camera in this nest won't come true? We NEED a camera showing a Black Stork nest, we really do! I hope Urmas and the Team will find a place and solution. (I know it will be hard, but anyway... ohh...)
a storkaholic

User avatar
Jürgen
Registered user
Posts: 230
Joined: April 4th, 2010, 2:24 pm
Location: Estonia, Tartumaa/Tartu

Post by Jürgen » July 10th, 2010, 12:33 am

Well Urmas did tell that it might be but i am not entirely sure :unsure:

And no problem about telling you how it went... Urmas said it's okay to tell it.

User avatar
macdoum
Registered user
Posts: 6786
Joined: November 17th, 2008, 1:12 am
Location: Alsace, France

Post by macdoum » July 10th, 2010, 3:02 am

jürka wrote:Well Urmas did tell that it might be but i am not entirely sure :unsure:

And no problem about telling you how it went... Urmas said it's okay to tell it.
Jurka, you are one lucky guy.. I hope you know that. :faint: . There are 100's of us wishing we were in your place. :mrgreen:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson

User avatar
Jürgen
Registered user
Posts: 230
Joined: April 4th, 2010, 2:24 pm
Location: Estonia, Tartumaa/Tartu

Post by Jürgen » July 10th, 2010, 2:38 pm

macdoum wrote: Jurka, you are one lucky guy.. I hope you know that. :faint: . There are 100's of us wishing we were in your place. :mrgreen:
Well that's the bonus of beeing active and having a good mom. :laugh: Today when i went to see Valdur ... i didn't see him :slap:

visitor
Registered user
Posts: 469
Joined: October 31st, 2008, 8:56 pm
Location: Tallinn

Post by visitor » July 10th, 2010, 8:47 pm

jürka wrote: Well that's the bonus of beeing active and having a good mom. :laugh: Today when i went to see Valdur ... i didn't see him.
Maybe you will see Valdur tomorrow, Jürka! :nod: Or the day after tomorrow...
You need a lot of patience if you wanna get a picture of a wild animal/bird, every photographer would tell that. Wishing you good luck. 8-)
a storkaholic

User avatar
Jürgen
Registered user
Posts: 230
Joined: April 4th, 2010, 2:24 pm
Location: Estonia, Tartumaa/Tartu

Post by Jürgen » July 11th, 2010, 11:04 am

I am sotty people but i am going away from home for another month. Of course if i see any interesting birds in my summercamp i will let you know after the camp.

I guess Valdur will be gone for that time...

And i guess we will meet in a month! :wave:

User avatar
macdoum
Registered user
Posts: 6786
Joined: November 17th, 2008, 1:12 am
Location: Alsace, France

Post by macdoum » July 12th, 2010, 2:25 am

jürka wrote:I am sotty people but i am going away from home for another month. Of course if i see any interesting birds in my summercamp i will let you know after the camp.

I guess Valdur will be gone for that time...

And i guess we will meet in a month! :wave:
Have a nice time Jurka.. don't forget to take the camera. See you when you are home..but then it will be time for classes,no ?
:wave: :D
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson

visitor
Registered user
Posts: 469
Joined: October 31st, 2008, 8:56 pm
Location: Tallinn

Post by visitor » July 12th, 2010, 6:04 pm

jürka wrote:I am sotty people but i am going away from home for another month. Of course if i see any interesting birds in my summercamp i will let you know after the camp.

I guess Valdur will be gone for that time...

And i guess we will meet in a month!
Have a good time and lot of fun in the summercamp, Jürka! :headroll:

Maybe Valdur and other storks will be gone when you will return, but storkaholics will be right here waiting for you. :nod:

macdoum wrote:
Have a nice time Jurka.. don't forget to take the camera. See you when you are home..but then it will be time for classes,no ?
The school starts at September 1st here, so Jürka will have some weeks for birds and himself (and us 8-) ) before classes. :thumbs:
a storkaholic

leonia
Registered user
Posts: 860
Joined: November 20th, 2008, 10:24 pm
Location: Near Munich, Bavaria, Germany

Post by leonia » August 10th, 2010, 10:10 pm

I wonder why there is a large horizontal green line (Valdur) and besides looking for Tönns behaviour, it's interesting to see that Raivo is already heading for Israel. Blackstork-expert Carsten Rhode will go there soon, may be he will meet him there again and bring back as many pictures as last year:
http://www.schwarzstorchberingung.de/page14.php

Liis
Registered user
Posts: 1836
Joined: December 5th, 2008, 8:00 pm

Post by Liis » August 13th, 2010, 9:44 pm

leonia wrote:I wonder why there is a large horizontal green line (Valdur) and besides looking for Tönns behaviour, it's interesting to see that Raivo is already heading for Israel. Blackstork-expert Carsten Rhode will go there soon, may be he will meet him there again and bring back as many pictures as last year:
http://www.schwarzstorchberingung.de/page14.php
In my Birdmap view it looks as if Valdur started on a trip southwards just as Urmas (Sellis) opened the Birdmap autumn migration season (July 16) - and then turned back again.
Maybe Jürka knows more?

leonia
Registered user
Posts: 860
Joined: November 20th, 2008, 10:24 pm
Location: Near Munich, Bavaria, Germany

Post by leonia » August 13th, 2010, 10:43 pm

And Toomas has a meeting with Raivo near the Moldavian Boarder in the Ukraine! :gathering: Where have you been this summer? :rotf:

leonia
Registered user
Posts: 860
Joined: November 20th, 2008, 10:24 pm
Location: Near Munich, Bavaria, Germany

Post by leonia » August 18th, 2010, 8:32 pm

Raivo is a miracle to me: he is heading straigt on to Israel on high speed (not to disappoint Carsten Rohde who might already wait there for him . . . ?)
:2thumbsup:

Post Reply

Return to “Migration Maps and News”