Estonian Tawny Owl Webcam

Tawny Owls and all the others
verlit

Re: Estonian Tawny Owl Webcam

Post by verlit »

By the way, bociany, may I ask you a personal question? Are you by any chance of a Slovak origin? Your nick and avatar seem to suggest that and since I am Czech, I am curious :whistling:
Jasmijn

Post by Jasmijn »

bociany wrote:Here she is flying up a minute ago (just before AllyKass's picture)
Thanks you got that bociany, I'm 'normally' on time to see here go, but now I wasn't.
Jasmijn

Post by Jasmijn »

Oh, those lovely little sounds when she takes of.
(I still mis that 'love-emoticon' :blush: )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AllyKass

Post by AllyKass »

and she left 17:59
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mother Nature teaching to us about balance of power.
Jasmijn

Post by Jasmijn »

Those footsteps cán't be from our little owl.
(or does she have here first 'catch'?)
NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

verlit wrote:By the way, bociany, may I ask you a personal question? Are you by any chance of a Slovak origin? Your nick and avatar seem to suggest that and since I am Czech, I am curious :whistling:
:wave: verlit. My family is originally from Poland (small villages near Rszeszow). My grandparents (all 4) emigrated to the USA in the late 1890s, but I knew very little about them and where they came from until I did some genealogy research a few years ago. I discovered cousins still living in the same villages! I also love the white storks and when I first joined a forum right after my trip to Poland, I decided to use the Polish word for "storks" as my nickname. But it turned out that it confuses Canadians and Americans, who usually end up calling me "Bo" ~ which confuses the Europeans (I am not male). Thanks for asking!
sunnygirl

Post by sunnygirl »

Klaara was awake at day.

But I missed her exit.
MurakaMari

Post by MurakaMari »

Mouse.. :D
Thunderstorm
verlit

Post by verlit »

MurakaMari wrote:Mouse.. :D
Wow!
And she Klaara is calling somewhere in the darkness. Lovely sound. I just hope the mouse was not our Volii from pig camera! :shock:
ergee

Post by ergee »

AllyKass wrote:owl was coming home 07:23

If my birds -book is right Klaara is a Strix aluco, in German called: Waldkauz
in the Netherlands: bosuil. She cries hu-hu, hu-u-u-u-u- and young ones in autumn
crie a sharp: "kewick". These owls have their nests often in trees, in villages and
even in towns. Brood mostly in tree-holes, also, when they can reach it through an
opening, in a loft on a farm and in wooden nests men made for them.
Hope we will see her very often.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Jasmijn wrote:Oh, those lovely little sounds when she takes of.
(I still mis that 'love-emoticon' :blush: )
Jasmijn, which emoticon is it? If you can find an example of it, and post it here,I can ask Looduskalender if he can add just one at a time.
AllyKass

Post by AllyKass »

She come home 7:06
AllyKass

Post by AllyKass »

and back to hole
RogerL

Post by RogerL »

Honey....I'm home!
RogerL

Post by RogerL »

It's OK.
Jasmijn

Post by Jasmijn »

Jo UK wrote: Jasmijn, which emoticon is it? If you can find an example of it, and post it here,I can ask Looduskalender if he can add just one at a time.
There are several, but a little red hart is maybe the most recocnizable?
I have tried to copy one from a Dutch forum, but it does not work if I want to place it here :cry:
verlit

Post by verlit »

bociany wrote: :wave: verlit. My family is originally from Poland (small villages near Rszeszow). My grandparents (all 4) emigrated to the USA in the late 1890s, but I knew very little about them and where they came from until I did some genealogy research a few years ago. I discovered cousins still living in the same villages! I also love the white storks and when I first joined a forum right after my trip to Poland, I decided to use the Polish word for "storks" as my nickname. But it turned out that it confuses Canadians and Americans, who usually end up calling me "Bo" ~ which confuses the Europeans (I am not male). Thanks for asking!
Oh, I see! So you have Polish roots, not Slovak (I didn´t realize the stork is bocian in Polish also). Close enough, though :wave:
leanne

Post by leanne »

Jasmijn wrote: There are several, but a little red hart is maybe the most recocnizable?
I have tried to copy one from a Dutch forum, but it does not work if I want to place it here :cry:
the best love emoticon i know is that one:
http://vadrouilles.moto.free.fr/smileys/loveshower.gif
robin

Post by robin »

Owl is starting to fly out.
Birds are wonderful
Jasmijn

Post by Jasmijn »

You naughty girl, why didn't you wait for me? :cry:
Up at 17.30, now sitting on the edge.

Return to “Estonian Owl Webcam Forum”