Petition About Nimetu, from Dr. Madis's topic.

Petitions and campaigns
Eden

Re: Petition About Nimetu, from Dr. Madis's topic.

Post by Eden »

Jo UK wrote:
If we could know what the media in Estonia is saying about it, or when it drops the subject, maybe that would be a guide about when to send it? It can wait at least another week, can't it?
It certainly has a strongly international support group!
But it should be possible to find out whether the media, especially the print media are still reporting about it!
It’s only very complicated, if not impossible, if you don’t speak Estonian.

And I think in Estonia there should also be organizations like RSPB in UK or the BUND or NABU in Germany which could take care, talking with the media or/and concerned authorities?
One planet meets another. Planet 1 says to Planet 2, “Hey you look terrible”. Planet 2 says, “Yes I know. I have Homo Sapiens.” Planet 1 says, “Don’t worry. I had that too and it will soon disappear.
Eden

Post by Eden »

juta wrote: Hunters hut or whatsoever is a proper building, house often with sauna.
Do I understand that right?
The hunters first kill the animals and then they go in the sauna?
In Germany, they get "only" drunken afterwards....
One planet meets another. Planet 1 says to Planet 2, “Hey you look terrible”. Planet 2 says, “Yes I know. I have Homo Sapiens.” Planet 1 says, “Don’t worry. I had that too and it will soon disappear.
vainamoinen

Post by vainamoinen »

Do I understand that right?
In Germany, they get "only" drunken afterwards....[/quote]

Sauna isn't bad place for drinking. :wave:
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

Eden wrote: But it should be possible to find out whether the media, especially the print media are still reporting about it!
It’s only very complicated, if not impossible, if you don’t speak Estonian.

And I think in Estonia there should also be organizations like RSPB in UK or the BUND or NABU in Germany which could take care, talking with the media or/and concerned authorities?
There haven´t been any news in our media anymore. Hope investigation is going on.
Proud member of SHoW (StorkaHolics of the World)
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

Eden wrote: Do I understand that right?
In Germany, they get "only" drunken afterwards....
Eden, in Estonia sauna is, like in Finnland, much different than in Germany! Like, when they had the bird rallye recently, afterwards they all met in the hotel and sauna was included - http://www.looduskalender.ee/de/node/14213
Die Zusammenfassung des Rennens beginnt um 19:00. Bitte kommen Sie nicht zu spät! Danach Sauna. ...
Die Teilnahmegebühr (beinhaltet Abendessen, Frühstück, Unterkunft, Sauna) beträgt 30,- Euro.
For us Germans it sounds a bit strange, but I find this all also quite interesting to read! Andere Länder, andere Sitten!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Eden

Post by Eden »

Felis silvestris wrote:
Eden, in Estonia sauna is, like in Finnland, much different than in Germany! Like, when they had the bird rallye recently, afterwards they all met in the hotel and sauna was included - http://www.looduskalender.ee/de/node/14213
For us Germans it sounds a bit strange, but I find this all also quite interesting to read! Andere Länder, andere Sitten!
Felis, I know that in Scandinavian countries and maybe in Estonia too sauna is much more common than in Germany f.e. and belongs to social life and communication.
But still – it’s wellness, isn’t it?
And the hunters, gamekeepers and “Sonntagsjäger” reward themselves after killing animals with wellness - for me this is just perverse.
But – as Theodor Heuss said – “hunting is a form of mental illness”….
(„Jagd ist nur eine feige Umschreibung für besonders feigen Mord am chancenlosen Mitgeschöpf. Die Jagd ist eine Nebenform menschlicher Geisteskrankheit.“)
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

Hey friends!!!

Dr. Madis posted in one of the eagle groups right before i went to bed. This is his post...
Madis Leivits: Hey, today some inspectors visited me and i gave some more explanations/testimonials. The inspectors said afterwards that they have been noticed by the ministry that they have received bunch of letters. Lets keep the ball rolling! Cheers!
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
Manu

Post by Manu »

It's great :thumbs: .
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

hi manu, yes, it is really great and encouraging. sorry, the left side of my keyboard is not working properly. :bash:

i forgot to say that i also found the petition had been placed on several, if not more, people's blogs. these are people i do not know so they must have seen it somewhere on the net and copied it to their blogs. i don't know how much those blogs are viewed but all exposure is good. :thumbs:
Eden

Post by Eden »

I wonder that we were not informed about that by Dr. Madis.
Probably a lot of letters came from this forum...
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Chimega, thanks for posting Dr.Madis's comments. That is very encouraging, especially to the letter writers. So they do make a difference.
Let's keep writing.
I haven't written one yet, but I will next week when this week of hectic activity at home is ended.
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

315 supporters on the petition, now!!! :D :thumbs:
Starling

Post by Starling »

326 signatures at the moment. :thumbs:

That comment of Dr. Madis was very encouraging. Now we know our letters have made some kind of impact! :thumbs:
Manu

Post by Manu »

338 signatures. Slowly but surely it goes forward :loveshower: .
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

I started talking to one of the chat moderators that I used to know from the Molly & McGee ustream chats before she became a moderator. She told me to post the petition on her wall and she'd share it, then she posted it in some of the owl groups that I don't belong to and it seemed to jump up in signature numbers right away. Yesssss!!! Now hopefully, if some of those people share it to their raptor contacts, a lot more will sign.
alice44

Post by alice44 »

354 :headroll:
vainamoinen

Post by vainamoinen »

Your petition is quite popular. It has reached also one of our national bird webpages - http://putnidaba.lv/2012/10/peticija-ig ... nistrijai/. I hope that it will signed by many birds lovers
Manu

Post by Manu »

378 signatures :headroll: :shake:
Starling

Post by Starling »

Manu

Post by Manu »

437 :thumbs: :headroll:

Return to “Petitions - Important Notes for Nature Lovers”