Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2013 ~ Eha & Koit

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Re: Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2013 ~ Eha & Koit

Post by Felis silvestris »

A few people have already stated that this forum and topic is not a a place for "Eagle TV" watching! If you have looked around a little bit you should have become aware of the fact that these cameras are mainly put up and maintained by biologists and ornithologists who are interested in the nest life of the birds! The life there should go on as natural as possible and as undisturbed as possible to get new insights!
We have been placing warnings at various places in the forum and in this topic, repeatedly warned everyone about what will happen and asked not to watch if it is too much. We even have asked those people who have the wish to learn more about the eagles to place warnings to their videoclips and if a picture is too extreme, to only link it for the sake of those who still don't heed the warnings! We have offered to inform those who said they don't want to watch when it is over!

What I don't understand - even if some people like Jasmijntje say they don't want to watch and want to be informed, still they come back and complain about what they find posted here! Please, everyone, do yourself the favour and wait for the "all clear" mail Jo will send out, it is difficult enough for those who are interested to watch and read this without all those destructive comments! Thank you!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
missmeech

Post by missmeech »

ame wrote:16:01 Koit brought some food. i can not understand what it is.... :puzzled:
maybe some bird chick, something dark this time.
first the Bigger eaglet is more interested in beating the Little one than taking fooditself.
now it tskes some... and then back to pecking the Little one. :((
Ame, E2 I believe at this point could not eat if it wanted to, imho. Hopefully, this fact alone, will hasten the inevitable. This is solely an observation on my part, but also based on the research presented here on canism.

Just this minute, I saw Koit there momentarily. I did not see him bring any food, but he may have. Eha needs his help.
vainamoinen

Post by vainamoinen »

Feeding of Kain. He can't stop beat Abel although it seems poor little creature isn't alive anymore.

[youtube]w6RI96IM7IU&list=FLRYoPK7MwEuJpc-aSaq7Mfw&index=1[/youtube]
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Jasmijntje wrote:@@Starling: I wrote about the warning, but they don't háve to placed here, airras can leave them on you yube for ornithologists, others who are interested or think they múst see this!!
And now I log out and will only be back after I received a mail that 'it's' over.
Bye all.
Anyone can post on Youtube, if they wish.

This is Looduskalender Forum, where we observe the life of Lesser Spotted Eagles (on this webcam)
Here, we record what is seen on this webcam. Forum members give good assistance to Kotkaklubi members by recording images, videos and observations. That is the purpose of this forum.

If you cannot come to terms with what you see here, please leave, rather than post unnecessary emotional complaints about the parts that you don't like.
Tahidor

Post by Tahidor »

I agree with the moderators and the administration that if we feel bad, as we all feel in varying degrees, that we should not go on attacking others and take sides.
I didn't know of this wonderful eagle species existence before I got to know of these rare Estonian birds, not found in Scandinavia. I have even traveled in East Africa 2010-11 and I saw in Ethiopia Lesser Spotted Eagles in their winter places. They have brought a lot of joy in my life, and I must say that I suffer more by the members beginning to attack each other here. Let us all remain observers and be grateful that we have the great opportunity to have access to these cameras all over the world, and for the guidance of the Administration! :book:
missmeech

Post by missmeech »

At 16:49, Eha is sleeping standing beside the nest bowl, but she is woken up by the slightest disturbance in the area or her chicks making any kind of noise. She also appears to be bothered by the molting that is going on. All is quiet in the nest bowl.
Bine

Post by Bine »

Little one is still alive ...
Big one is lying above him and Little one tries to escape ... :(
missmeech

Post by missmeech »

Eha dozing 1600 hours.
ame

Post by ame »

17:01 everyone seems to be exhausted now... Eha took the vole/mole from the side as if to start feeding, but then she stopped. for a while i thought that it was over, but no: the Little one still lifted its tiny foot. :unsure:
this clip is sad to watch but not violent.
bavariya

Post by bavariya »

is it dead?
Bea

Post by Bea »

No.
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
bavariya

Post by bavariya »

oh, no. it is not :cry:
oehoeowl

Post by oehoeowl »

The little makes a different sound.. make some small movements, but is still
alive
Bea

Post by Bea »

17:23
Delivery of a little bird (?)

Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
vainamoinen

Post by vainamoinen »

17.22. Koit brings a food (bird's chick). Eha wants to feed Kain but He is lying on Abel and pecking it.
ladyslipper

Post by ladyslipper »

he's screaming without a sound :(
goodbye, courageous little eagle
bavariya

Post by bavariya »

i cant anymore. cant stop thinking about it. each 5 min look at cam. :cry:
ame

Post by ame »

17:23 Koit brought food. there was not much movement on the Little one's side.
... and the Bigger abused the Little one before taking food itself.
this clip is not for sensitive people.
ladyslipper

Post by ladyslipper »

Cain did the trick
ame

Post by ame »

bavariya wrote:i cant anymore. cant stop thinking about it. each 5 min look at cam. :cry:
bavariya, please give mercy to yourself and stop watching and reading these pages. :unsure:

write to JoUK and she'll write to you when it's over

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagle Webcam Forum”