Technical Questions

How this Forum Works - Questions and Answers

Moderator: ame

Pupidyk

Re: Questions

Post by Pupidyk »

Hello, can I ask you, when the wildboar (and deer) camera will go online? At least approximately? Fans in Czech republic can't wait for it. :hi:
"Wanting people to listen, you can't just tap them on the shoulder anymore. You have to hit them with a sledgehammer, and then you'll notice you've got their strict attention." - John Doe
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

http://www.looduskalender.ee/en/node/18366

We will have to be patient!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Pupidyk

Post by Pupidyk »

Thanks
"Wanting people to listen, you can't just tap them on the shoulder anymore. You have to hit them with a sledgehammer, and then you'll notice you've got their strict attention." - John Doe
Pupidyk

Post by Pupidyk »

My smartphone widget says it's -2°C in Tartu! :loveshower:
Bea

Post by Bea »

I had a look at the weather forecast for Ilmatsalu for the next two weeks - from 30.11. on temperatures are predicted to stay under 0°C, daily change between -2°C and -6°C.

This rises our hopes, doesn´t it? :laugh: :shake:
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Pupidyk

Post by Pupidyk »

The camera is ON-LINE! :loveshower:
Bea

Post by Bea »

I know :laugh:

But still only available via rtsp-stream, for VLC and so:

rtsp://193.40.133.138/live/siga

Edit:
and Pontu player also works:

http://pontu.eenet.ee/player/siga.html

Topic will be opened soon.
Pupidyk

Post by Pupidyk »

The position of the light isn't great, is there something we can do about it? Maybe point that out to Mait? Just to add some kind of shade, so it won't shine right into the shot... :hi:
Bea

Post by Bea »

At some weather conditions the spotlight will make halos and it will probably not become better with a change of the spotlight .... see last season. We could also loose light when positioning it higher ....
Riitta

Post by Riitta »

Great! :headroll: The siga-cam works! :headroll:

The boars :loveshower: will soon appear, I hope.

18:53 - 18:58
I have taken the first pics of the boars, but I wait till the new Topic is opened.
Pupidyk

Post by Pupidyk »

Piglets!
Dima дима.

Post by Dima дима. »

:loveshower:
joey

Post by joey »

:hi: may I ask you when the Eagles' Winter Feeding Ground camera will go online for the 2013-2014 season?
Thank for the answer
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Unfortunately it looks like we won't have an eagle feeding ground and cam this year.
Look here: viewtopic.php?p=283930#p283930

They can't use the old ground anymore and so far the search for a new ground has not been successful! A lot of things have to be right for being able to use it.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

joey

Post by joey »

Felis silvestris wrote:Unfortunately it looks like we won't have an eagle feeding ground and cam this year.
Look here: viewtopic.php?p=283930#p283930
:cry: :banghead:
Dima дима.

Post by Dima дима. »

a when Maly bird feeder cameras will work??????? :puzzled:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

It has not yet started, the article here http://www.looduskalender.ee/en/node/18559 says that Arne Ader has put up the feeder already, but it seems the circumstances are not yet right for starting the transmission!
We have to be patient!

alice44

Post by alice44 »

I need help with VLC
I have not been able to use it since I got my new computer.
I worked on this problem a little bit this afternoon. I can hear the siga cam, but I am getting no visual.

Any ideas what I need to do to make the beastly thing work?
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

:wave: I have moved your question from the "Testing forum functions" to "Questions" with the hope maybe more people will see it here.

There are a few questions which would help to help to help you. Which version of the player are you using? What settings have you tried out etc.
Right now I am sitting at work, where I can't do much trying out, but in the evening I can have a closer look, if you did not manage to get a picture by then.

alice44

Post by alice44 »

VLC 2.1.2

I am in trouble I don't know what settings I have tried.

I think it is odd I have gotten sound but no visual.
2x I have been told that Windows has blocked access and I have over ridden that.
But just now I got a message that it has stopped working and that windows will close it and let me know if a solution is available. :shock:

Return to “Questions and Help”