General Interest

Discussion of any other birds and animals, anywhere.
oehoeowl

Re: General Interest

Post by oehoeowl »

Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Haha -such a tall, thin LSE. Which lens was used?
oehoeowl

Post by oehoeowl »

Bij het uitzoeken en opslaan van de foto's kwam Wil er achter dat de vogel geringd was en dat het nog goed leesbaar was ook. We vermoedden direct dat de vogel in Polen geringd was, omdat we Gdansk meenden te lezen.

Via Peter Das van de vogelringgroep Bergummermeer, is het speurwerk naar de herkomst van de arend gestart. Hij heeft de contacten met de Poolse ringcentrale gelegd.

De vogel is op 1 juli 2012 in het nest geringd in Polen bij het plaatsje Mietkie in de provincie Lubelskie. Dit ligt tegen de grens (20 km) van Oekraine aan.
Gerekend vanaf 23 november, de datum van de foto, betekent het dat de vogel 145 dagen daarvoor geringd is. De vogel zal nog een tijdje in het nest gezeten hebben en vervolgens nog een tijd in het territorium van de ouders. De BWP meldt dat schreeuwarenden vrijwel geheel in "sub Saharan Africa" overwinteren, voornamelijk oostelijk, van Soedan, zuidelijk tot in Transvaal. Het verlaten van het broedgebied start midden augustus en loopt door tot half oktober met enkelen tot in november. Het geeft een beetje een indicatie van de tijd die de vogel nodig heeft om in Zuid Afrika aan te komen. Misschien was de vogel er nog maar net?

Sorry, this language is dutch, you can use translator to read it.
oehoeowl

Post by oehoeowl »

This Lesser spotted eagle was seen on 15 december 2012 in South Africa.

http://wilenonno.blogspot.be/
oehoeowl

Post by oehoeowl »

Jo UK wrote:Haha -such a tall, thin LSE. Which lens was used?
Sorry Jo I don't get it right :D
oehoeowl

Post by oehoeowl »

Hieronder vind je de ringrapportage van de ringcentrale in Polen. De vogel heeft 8285 km afgelegd!

oehoeowl

Post by oehoeowl »

oehoeowl

Post by oehoeowl »

It is almost unbelievable that a young bird fly so many miles in a short time !
Luz4711

Post by Luz4711 »

oehoeowl wrote:It is almost unbelievable that a young bird fly so many miles in a short time !
De vogel is op 1 juli 2012 in het nest geringd in Polen bij het plaatsje Mietkie in de provincie Lubelskie. Dit ligt tegen de grens (20 km) van Oekraine aan.
The bird was ringed on 1. Juli 2012 in Polen at Mietki/Lubelskie. 20 km from the boarder to Ukraine.
Gerekend vanaf 23 november, de datum van de foto, betekent het dat de vogel 145 dagen daarvoor geringd is. De vogel zal nog een tijdje in het nest gezeten hebben en vervolgens nog een tijd in het territorium van de ouders.
Counted from 23. November 2012, the date the photo was taken (Kruger Park), means that the bird was ringend 145 days before. The bird has been a little while in the nest after ringing and for a while after leaving the nest in the territory of the parents.
De BWP meldt dat schreeuwarenden vrijwel geheel in "sub Saharan Africa" overwinteren, voornamelijk oostelijk, van Soedan, zuidelijk tot in Transvaal. Het verlaten van het broedgebied start midden augustus en loopt door tot half oktober met enkelen tot in november. Het geeft een beetje een indicatie van de tijd die de vogel nodig heeft om in Zuid Afrika aan te komen.
BWL said that most LSE stay in "Sub Sahara Africa" in winter, east of Sudan, in the south to Transvaal. The Migration starts in the middle of August and goes on until the middle of October, sometimes until beginning of November. This gives a little idea what time it took for the bird to get to South Africa. --> 8285 km
De Polen zijn razend enthousiast. Er komen maar weinig terugmeldingen uit het inmense en dun bevolkte Afrika.
The Polish people were very enthuiastic about it. The don't get to much in feedback from the uge and sparsely populated Africa.
In de gids "Birds of South Africa" zagen we dat de schreeuwarend hier aan zijn uiterste, zuidelijke verspreidingsgebied zit voor de overwintering. Ook wel weer grappig want dat betekend dat de schreeuwarend hier niet algemeen is.
In the "gids" ??? of the "Birds of South Africa" it says that the LSE was in the most southly migration area (at the edge).
http://wilenonno.blogspot.de/2012_12_15_archive.html
Hope the translation is okay, I do understand and can read a little "dutch".
Donation for KOTKAKLUBI
IBAN EE18 2200 2210 4035 9778 - BIC HABAEE2X - Swedbank AS
Wire Transfer via SEPA in EURO Countries

search.php?keywords=villa&terms=all&aut ... mit=Search

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBTIDeR ... vpJrE-ImTh
oehoeowl

Post by oehoeowl »

Thankyou very much Luz, for the translation. I found it a very interesting story. I have some South African and Tanzanian contacts,they are excellent bird photographers. I'm going to ask them to occasionally look out for this special bird, especially the rings, with some luck I can post some pictures in the future of other lesser spotted eagles hopefully birds with a ring :wave:

I will also ask them via e-mail if I can put the photos in the forum here.
airras

Post by airras »

Konny64

Post by Konny64 »

wild boars near my home town
wǒ bù zhīdào
I don`t know
Riitta

Post by Riitta »

These pics of the cute WILD BOARS :loveshower: I have taken 2013.01.10. in the city forest of BOCHOLT, Germany, where I live.

:hi: Konny
Alex10100

Post by Alex10100 »

As now the site is empty, have a look on this footage:
Never underestimate the power of the natural world as it continues to inspire, surprise and delight.
Alex10100

Post by Alex10100 »

Never underestimate the power of the natural world as it continues to inspire, surprise and delight.
Katti

Post by Katti »

Imperial eagle 8-)

Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Wonderful Katti.
The eagle was so close to the camera!
Katti

Post by Katti »

Jo UK wrote:Wonderful Katti.
The eagle was so close to the camera!
Yes, It was a beautiful eagle :D

This lonely wild pig and two buffalo.
Snow falls in Poland..
Katti

Post by Katti »

On osprey nest WhiteTailed Eagle :nod:

Manu

Post by Manu »

Today I saw a interesting documentary about baby-animals who lives on the coldest place on earth.
Even it's in german they're some impressive pictures about the hard life of these animals (polar-bears, penguins, foxes, etc.
At min 11 you see a White tailed eagle who catch a baby reindeer. I didn't know they hunt such big animals :shock: .
http://www.srf.ch/player/tv/dok/video/d ... 8e373c28ff
I hope the link works.

Return to “Other Birds and Animals”