Technical Questions

How this Forum Works - Questions and Answers

Moderator: ame

zwiep

Re: Questions

Post by zwiep »

Thanks Bea!!! Sadly your tip didn't helped me out... Today i downloaded the VLC-Player but it leaded to nothing too. I hope that anyone else has expericences with watching the looduskalender-webcams on androids. :-)
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

I can see some cameras and some not, and it is taking a very long (!) time for the player to open the stream if it is opening. And don't forget, the android app is still a beta version. On my Kindle Fire, where VLC android also should work, the cams don't open at all!

But - I also hope that maybe somebody else has more knowledge about this!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

I sometimes use the android link on my Samsung thingammy to watch a wevcam. It takes a few minutes to open but it does eventually.
Just look at it it with a menace in your eyes,then it will open. :innocent:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Yes, the menace works in a lot of cases! :rotf: Kinda like this :vangry:
And some patience as well! :bow:

NB: I tried it out a bit later in the evening, I could open the Tawny Owl cam on both, my mobile phone (where it opened quite fast) and the Kindle Fire, and the Red Deer Cam opened on my phone with some time to wait, but did not open on my Kindle (though I could hear the sound, but the picture did not come, even though I waited for a long time)
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Last night I tried to change my username back from my real name on Youtube
by using this tutorial (& another in French). I am useless at all this stuff so I made a real mess of it. Perhaps you would like to try.;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5zSefweEuc

You can also try in your own language. Just to ask on Google about this changing of username,there are a lot of people out there very angry with Google+. :rant: :rant:
I will wait until Monday 'till my son can guide me tro this. I posted a comment on youtube & loo!! my real name came up. Was I mad ...grrrrr...big time !!
Good luck. :thumbs:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
zwiep

Post by zwiep »

Thanks a lot for the feedback felis silvestris and macdoum!!! I'll keep trying. :wave:
alice44

Post by alice44 »

macdoum I failed utterly with youtube.
I have a g+ account with my real name and with my youtube name. I could post comments on g+ with my youtube name, but I could not on youtube. I just gave up.
alice44

Post by alice44 »

And I have similar troubles with my ipad and the various cams. Sometimes they open with a still picture, sometimes... I thought, and maybe it is true, that the problem is just my slow internet.
Dima дима.

Post by Dima дима. »

when Alutaguse Forest webcam will work????? :unsure:
Bea

Post by Bea »

Last year it started on March, 28th - we have no exact date for this season. But it may be around this date, too.
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Ingran

Post by Ingran »

:wave: Felis. As you see I have moved my problems to this site. My Android didn't accept to show your proposed site, only blank :slap: .
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

:slap: Android! I'm very sorry, this is still a problem, the cams are not yet working on all Android devices as the Android version of VLC is still a very bad beta version which tells you when you open it:
This is a beta version.
This version is NOT STABLE!
Do NOT use it, unless you know what your are doing.
It might kill your kitten and destroy your house.
Use it at your own risk.
Have fun! :)
I have tried, I can't open the BS cam at all on my mobile phone, VLC is just stopping and if I try it on my Kindle Fire, which is based on the Android technology too and also has VLC for Android installed, I can hear the sound but no picture is coming.
Of course the JW player version won't play on Android.

I don't know if Videolan is going to make the Android version ever good enough to watch all the cam streams. I have just tried, but I did not manage to open a single of the streams.

Maybe somebody with a much better technical knowledge than mine is around here and can help?

Ingran

Post by Ingran »

:wave: Felis
Lots of thanks for your instructive answer. It's wear that I can open the owl cam but not BS cam. Lucky enough -I have my laptop where I can follow the BS :shake: but it's more comfortable with my tablet.

:wave: Bea
Thanks for your mail. As you can see of the post from Felis there is apparently no use to force VLC to show the BS cam :banghead:

This makes me even happier for all videos and pics that comes from you all :bow:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

We are looking for solutions, but at the moment it does not look so good.

Bea

Post by Bea »

Ingran :hi:

I think it was ame, who sent you an e-mail or PM ;)

I also tried to open a LK-cam here with my mobile phone, which uses Android system, too .... I also got sound, but only a few funny stripes instead of live-camera-stream .... nothing one can be happy with.
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I even found now a different rtsp player at the Playstore and tried it, but it just gives a grey picture. :banghead:
One thing, in the address - maybe you leave the :80 from the address - rtsp://193.40.133.138/live/kurg

Ingran

Post by Ingran »

[quote="Bea"]Ingran :hi:

I think it was ame, who sent you an e-mail or PM ;)

Hello Ame and Bea! Yes, I made a real BIG mistake :blush: Sorry :slap:
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

I know lots of owners of Iphones & android devices..the use add-on Puffin downloaded from the web & they say its great for cameras.
You can try.
:wave:
Emily Dickinson
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

It seems Puffin is a web browser. Google play (Android) says:

Description
Puffin Web Browser is a wicked fast Mobile Flash Browser. Once users experience the thrill of using Puffin, regular Mobile Internet just feels like torture. Puffin Free is the free version of Puffin family, and supports Adobe Flash during the daytime everyday (It usually starts from 9 am to 4 pm, but the duration is subject to change without prior notice).

Features:
☆ Incredible page load and rendering speed
☆ Free Adobe Flash Support during the daytime (also works on Android 4.4+)
☆ Download to cloud (up to 10M per file)
☆ Theater mode for Flash videos and games
☆ Virtual trackpad and gamepad
☆ Add-on functions (Pocket, Evernote, Facebook, translator and more)
☆ Color theme for toolbar and sidebar
☆ Fastest JavaScript engine
☆ Full web experience (desktop and mobile view)

==== Limitations ====
* The data centers of Puffin Web Browser are in the US and the cloud servers can only access public web sites from US geolocations.
* For users outside the US, local contents, especially videos of local interest, may not be accessible from the US due to geo-restrictions in their home countries.

* Puffin is blocked in some countries (e.g., China, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates) and by some schools (e.g., in United States).

For more information, please check our FAQ: http://www.puffinbrowser.com/faq/

Ingran

Post by Ingran »

:hi: Today I manage to see Tina in VLC for 1 minute 50 seconds and than it stopped and I was back to the forum.
I have downloaded Puffin browser (thank you Felis for the information) and can run it on my Samsungtablet. But I don't understand how to open the BS-cam in that browser. When I press the camlink I get only three options - photos, videoplayer and VLC. Someone who knows what to do? :puzzled: :help:

Return to “Questions and Help”