Latvian Black Storks 2015 - Zīle and Ozols

Black Stork nests in Latvia
asteria

Re: Latvian Black Storks 2015 - Zīle and Ozols

Post by asteria »

And cam says "Hello again" to us. :D
woods

Post by woods »

Lianaliesma posted in Dabasdati that Ziluks Upene's (which is her official name or 'last name') transmitter broacasts already 70km from the nest (43.5 miles for my American fellows). Such a bitter-sweet feeling. Both are standing on a branch and just like that - off they go. I believe they will be together for at least some time.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

woods wrote:Lianaliesma posted in Dabasdati that Ziluks Upene's (which is her official name or 'last name') transmitter broacasts already 70km from the nest (43.5 miles for my American fellows). Such a bitter-sweet feeling. Both are standing on a branch and just like that - off they go. I believe they will be together for at least some time.
woods :hi:

I think this is very different. The transmitter storks from Bavaria flying separated.

here is the Link
http://www.lbv.de/unsere-arbeit/vogelsc ... tml#c27665
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

August 02

good morning :hi:

Many, many thanks to Latvia, for providing this great camera. :2thumbsup:
It was a very interesting season in this nest for me. I stayed here for a very long time. So I could see a lot from the nest event.
For me it was a beautiful and exciting time.

Thanks alsoto all, those who have pictures, videos and reports set :2thumbsup:
our twins have hopefully a good time. Always enough food and enough wind under their wings :chick:
baska

Post by baska »

Ooooh, .... Ziluka and Ziluks are gone .... :cry:
Although we have known exactly that they can leave every day, every hour - me, I feel so sad about it !

This was an exiting season. First Zile and Ozols, later also Ziluka and Ziluks had to master many dangers,

Image . Image

and they solved these problems brilliantly ! :bow:
I wish all the best to them, that they will have always enough air under their wings which carries them to the places they want to go.

Thanks a lot to the team of Latvia who has provided the opportunity to observe these Black Storks.

Thank you to Lianaliesma who explained a lot of things.
And thank you to Liz and George who shared the last videos with our beloved storks with us.

Thank you to all the others who have gone along the season, who have written and have posted pics and videos.
It was a nice time, I liked it very much.
greetings from Baska

We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings are controlling and dominating the nature, before they have learned to control themselves.
Albert Schweitzer
-Thumper-

Post by -Thumper- »

Thank you for a great season! :wave:
lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

:hi: Thank you all for being together this nesting season. A bitter-sweet time for us all. I wish all the young birds beautiful flights and successful lives! :loveshower: And we will be watching and tracing transmitter signals....
We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings dominate nature, before they have learned to control themselves. -Albert Schweitzer
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the so-called "lower animals" versus the traits and dispositions of man. The result humiliates me. - Mark Twain
asteria

Post by asteria »

Ziluks and Ziluka started their migration rather early, hope they will fly with other black storks. Hope they avoid dangers, get enough fish, frogs and toads and find the right way and the right place of their new home for next 1.5 years.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

lianaliesma wrote:And we will be watching and tracing transmitter signals....
Lianaliesma :hi:
Where can I find the transmitter data? Will there be a blog?
It would be very interesting to see where Ziluka UPENE flies :laugh:
lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

Liz01 wrote: Lianaliesma :hi:
Where can I find the transmitter data? Will there be a blog?
It would be very interesting to see where Ziluka UPENE flies :laugh:
We will be informed little bit later as Māris Strazds said to us yesterday . :thumbs:
We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings dominate nature, before they have learned to control themselves. -Albert Schweitzer
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the so-called "lower animals" versus the traits and dispositions of man. The result humiliates me. - Mark Twain
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

A Butterfly is in the nest. :laugh:
He stayed for a long time

http://193.40.124.24/2015-melnais-stark ... -14-39.JPG
Michi

Post by Michi »

So our beloved storklets are gone now; we can’t watch anymore if they are well. I feel a bit sad but I know they have to fly now in their new life. How has someone written here? It's a bitter-sweet time, yes, it is, indeed. :unsure:

I wish you a long and healthy life, dear storklets, and always wind under your wings! Be cautious with electrical poles, fishing nets and other dangerous things! Take care of you ... :wave: :wave:
Zile and Ozols, good luck to you on the long journey, and come back safe and sound. :wave:

I want to say thank you very much to the Latvian team who gave us the opportunity to watch these wonderful, magnificent birds. And thanks a lot for the great work you do for the Black Storks!
Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

Our twins begin their real life now. :loveshower: :loveshower:
Looks like they are enjoying it and moving fast. Weather is good.

Big thanks to LIZ who kept us informed during the long and boring incubation time, and later while the twins grew up.
You have been an excellent Godmother to the twins, and it wasn't always easy :thumbs:

And last but not least, the Latvian Team who gave us the opportunity to observe these beautiful Black Storks. :bow:
I wish that all their efforts will be fruitful and next year we'll see Ziluka Upene (sounds very royal...) back in Latvia and perhaps one day she'll have her own chick in this nest.

To all BS admirers, wish you a nice summer and an easy winter! See you next season! :wave:
raicu cristi

Post by raicu cristi »

... :hi: ...Long life and smooth flight, and Ziluka Ziluks! Beautiful life you and parents. ... :loveshower: ...Maybe it will meet children with parents ??? ... :headroll: ...We love you!... :2thumbsup: ...
...Who are you,...Durberts?...I Love You!...
raicu cristi

Post by raicu cristi »

THANKS LATVIA!!!... :shake: :bow:

Botosani, Romania
...Who are you,...Durberts?...I Love You!...
jannie

Post by jannie »

thank all of you for cam and news ,from begin to fly away, maybe till next year.
jannie- netherland
asteria

Post by asteria »

Strange that Ozols didn't do any "nestwork" during his last visit and just stood like a guest. Tiit and Tiina always worked a lot.
Birdfriend

Post by Birdfriend »

asteria wrote:Strange that Ozols didn't do any "nestwork" during his last visit and just stood like a guest. Tiit and Tiina always worked a lot.
Maybe, he comes not more to this nest for a next breeding. It is only my thinking.
The nature needs us not, but we need the nature
asteria

Post by asteria »

The same was with Donna in 2008 and yes, in 2009 she didn't return in the nest. So there is a chance that next year Zile and Ozols choose another place for nesting.
Bea

Post by Bea »

macko50 wrote:...I don't want to post this migration data here, but in which topic can we discuss about it?
There is already a topic in "Migration Maps and News" forum ---> "Black Stork Tracks"

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=2

Perfect place to post and discuss all news about Ziluka/Upene´s travels and other tagged Latvian BS, too.

Latest posts here concerning migration will be moved to this topic

:wave:
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)

Return to “Black Storks”