Estonian WTE Webcam 2016

Webcam Watching over White-tailed Eagles nest

Moderator: ame

ame

Re: Estonian WTE Webcam 2016

Post by ame »

levran wrote:Taibu has only 2 possible conditions in this topic- she is starving either she is fat :mrgreen:
on some pages- simultaneously ))
:rotf:

hello wini and welcome! :gathering:

wow what a picture you have found from the early morning. :headroll:
i had to make a smaller picture for it, partly because i hoped to see the ring number. unfortunately it's impossible to see the last number. i guess it's Taibu anyway, in her not-so-fat times. :rolleyes:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

levran wrote:Taibu has only 2 possible conditions in this topic- she is starving either she is fat :mrgreen:
on some pages- simultaneously ))
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
tuomokoo

Post by tuomokoo »

ame wrote: wow what a picture you have found from the early morning. :headroll:
i had to make a smaller picture for it, partly because i hoped to see the ring number. unfortunately it's impossible to see the last number. i guess it's Taibu anyway, in her not-so-fat times. :rolleyes:
A very good photo! I checked this from original photo, enlarged it and lightened it up.
To me the numbers look like E331 (Rahu).
wini

Post by wini »

tuomokoo wrote: A very good photo! I checked this from original photo, enlarged it and lightened it up.
To me the numbers look like E331 (Rahu).
Thanks tuomokoo!
I had a feeling it was Rahu. Part of me also thinks Taibu still hasn't slimmed down that much, yet :rolleyes:
Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

ame wrote: hello wini and welcome! :gathering:
wow what a picture you have found from the early morning. :headroll:
i had to make a smaller picture for it, partly because i hoped to see the ring number. unfortunately it's impossible to see the last number. i guess it's Taibu anyway, in her not-so-fat times.
To me it's not Taiba.

I know her very well when she is "naked", under wings :blush: :laugh:

I always wonder how is it that she is so white. This one must be Rahu who came early this morning while she was in the corner.

I also found this by Liz:
Posted: July 4th, 2016, 6:24 am
Katja, it was Rahu. Taibu is sitting on the left branch.
Hellem

Post by Hellem »

19:35 The screaming eaglet landed on the parents branch, his ring isn't visible. Taibu is sitting quietly on the left branch

Liz :wave: :laugh:
Maylin

Post by Maylin »

One of the brothers hopes this seafood restaurant would also be open for him. 8-)
Jörg Geiling

Post by Jörg Geiling »

...and the thirt Eaglet is hungry too - I can hear his craying near by. :bounce: :cry:
Too bad that the lens is not always dry inside and the picture is so foggy :cry:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Hellem wrote:19:35 The screaming eaglet landed on the parents branch, his ring isn't visible. Taibu is sitting quietly on the left branch
Hellem :wave:

:laugh:

he still have to practice.... :mrgreen:
constant.gardener

Post by constant.gardener »

I always wonder when she's going to fledge finally. It would be much easier for her then, I think.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

constant.gardener wrote:I always wonder when she's going to fledge finally. It would be much easier for her then, I think.
it will not be easier for Taibu. We see what North and Rahu do. They make "begging Flights". which are very stressful for the eaglets.
Taibu just have to wait for food and screaming :mrgreen:
Rainer

Post by Rainer »

Abigyl wrote: To me it's not Taiba.
Why Taibu is for you TaibA ?
Interesting to know-just curiosity :puzzled:
Glumardok

Post by Glumardok »

What I find fascinating is how many fish the parents catch. Anna and Uku are extremely efficient - and the waters surrounding the nest must really be rich of fish. This is the most important point. There are three siblings which must be fed, no nest so that dozens of fish fall down - and yet the eaglets still get more than sufficient amounts of food. All three of them, that is for sure! All in all the young parents have mastered their job much better than impeccably.
Lubaska

Post by Lubaska »

Rainer wrote:
It is a familiar version of name Taibu :mrgreen:
(it was discussed here few days ago)
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Glumardok wrote:What I find fascinating is how many fish the parents catch. Anna and Uku are extremely efficient - and the waters surrounding the nest must really be rich of fish. This is the most important point. There are three siblings which must be fed, no nest so that dozens of fish fall down - and yet the eaglets still get more than sufficient amounts of food. All three of them, that is for sure! All in all the young parents have mastered their job much better than impeccably.
I agree :thumbs:
Hellem

Post by Hellem »

20:08 The screaming eaglet flew away from the parents branch, Taibu is streching 8-)

20:16 Taibu jumped on the parents branch, is doing wing exercises :D
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Hellem wrote:20:08 The screaming eaglet flew away from the parents branch, Taibu is streching 8-)
that was a fish delivery :laugh:

Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

20:25 Taibu jumps on the parent branch. she makes wing exercises :2thumbsup:
Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

Rainer wrote: quote="Abigyl"
To me it's not Taiba.

Because she got her name only few days before DNA found she is a girl.
I had a bad experience with the eaglet of last year; they changed his/her name after long time (changed the last letter), and I didn't won't a replay this season too.

So I changed the last letter to make it sound better for a big female like her. :D
Trine

Post by Trine »

Abigyl wrote: Because she got her name only few days before DNA found she is a girl.
I had a bad experience with the eaglet of last year; they changed his/her name after long time (changed the last letter), and I didn't won't a replay this season too.

So I changed the last letter to make it sound better for a big female like her. :D
Well, it was a Latvian case last year, and that makes a difference. They have a different (more strict, I guess) name tradition/policy. Also, "Taibu" has a specific meaning in Estonian (colloquial), while "Taiba" has not. No one would call a smart girl "taiba" (and if someone would he/she would not be understood).
But it is not a big deal.

Return to “White-tailed Eagles Camera Forum”