Problems with Connections?

Connection Problems
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Re: Problems with Connections?

Post by Felis silvestris »

I get the message that it can't connect, but as I never tried out what happens if I try to connect without an Apple device, I don't know if this is the normal behaviour.
Yesterday evening I heard that there is no solution yet, but they work on it. They don't know why it is not working any longer. Two mysteries to be solved, the fish cam and the iPhone/iPads.

Maybe you could drop a line here if it works again? As I can't really check myself.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

I can always open both iPhone and Adroid links on my Mac so on the desktop it apparantly doesn't make a difference which platform you have. Only on the phone. So if you get the same message that says enough.
Anyway, I am not the only one with this problem it seems. Just have to wait......
Hopefully they find the solution soon.
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Felis silvestris wrote: Maybe you could drop a line here if it works again? As I can't really check myself.
Yes I'll do that!

Something else; where did you put all the posts that were in the 'technical questions'? You have moved things around a short while ago. There were some questions I posted and answers to that I can't find anymore.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I have not moved any questions, I just added a new forum "In the news".
All (!) questions that were there previously are still where they were: viewforum.php?f=3.
Anything in particular you don't find anymore?

I find questions from you here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=718&start=20 - do you mean this? They are all still at the same place, only the title has changed a slight bit.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Felis, :hi: is't more than a week now this iPhone stream connection is not working, any news? It is really annoying!
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

No sorry, no news here about it.

Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Felis, the Iphone streams are working again since early this morning! The only thing that is missing now are live animals...
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Good to hear. I have now tried to connect with my non-Apple device and it does not work like this. Browser does not know how to handle this!

Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Felis silvestris wrote:Good to hear. I have now tried to connect with my non-Apple device and it does not work like this. Browser does not know how to handle this!
No, the other way around doesn't work either (iPhone with Android stream). But it is possible to open the Android stream on my mac computer using VLC (for mac) or quicktime. I think you can do it the other way around too. But it is not important nor of any use :laugh:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

News from our webmaster. He puts Looduakalender main site offline for a while to convert the database for the new website which will come next year. It may take some hours. Forum is working, but it may be a bit slow.
So don't worry - everything is okay!

Bea

Post by Bea »

17:45 Seems we have all-LK-camera-downtime

Cams back at ~18:15
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

From this morning till now all the direct streams for PC are not working, they can't connect to the server. The iphone and VLC streams are working. see thr posts from the Merikotkas forum:
viewtopic.php?p=461189#p461189
viewtopic.php?p=461193#p461193

and the notification on the Looduskalender site:
http://www.looduskalender.ee/n/en/node/131#cam
Bea

Post by Bea »

Several cams (flash players) work via this page:

http://www.eenet.ee/EENet/kaamerad.html

Unfortunately not merikotkas cam. Maybe webmaster is constructing something on the LK webpage and so the flash players are affected ....
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Thanks, Bea, I didn't think of trying those. Odd though that the Merikotkas stream is the only one that doesn't work..
Bea

Post by Bea »

Possibility for Merikotkas: viewtopic.php?p=461323#p461323
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

The problem with the cameras today: one forum user could trace the problem down to a recent update of Flashplayer using a Mac. The player needed a new permission to open the camera from the user. After allowing the camera opened without problem.
Otherwise I don't know how to trace the problem because for me everything works normal, I have and had the cameras open all day without any problems so far!

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

As one Linux user also reported problems, could it be that Flashplayer was blocked because of lacking an important update? Firefox does this regularly. Please check your system if the player is the latest version to exclude this being the reason for not being able to see Pontu stream.

Janne+Ais

Post by Janne+Ais »

Yesssssss! Everything works fine again, also in Linux. :thumbs:
BTW: My Firefox is up to date. :nod:

Thanks to all, who worked on this problem!
Shanta

Post by Shanta »

:hi:

Since few days and always in the morning stream is not found at cam "Thiane" (box 1) for 7-8 hours.
Maybe there is a problem?
Don't hope we miss the flying off. Please :help:
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

:hi:
Fish camera is online since yesterday

Return to “Are the Webcams, Looduskalender or the Forum offline?”