Estonian WTE Webcam 2016

Webcam Watching over White-tailed Eagles nest

Moderator: ame

ame

Re: Estonian WTE Webcam 2016

Post by ame »

Dec 17

the camera is not running. maybe it is too cloudy still.
it is impossible to even try the iThing links as long as the camera will not start... :faint:

10:46 still no camera. if it should start please write a note here. i'll be away most of the day so i can't keep an eye.
furthermore and especially: if someone hears eagle's voices please write a note. Urmas was very happy to hear that the eagles had been here a few days ago. :laugh:
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Liz01 wrote: Ame, maybe it works :puzzled:

http://tv.eenet.ee/hls/merikotkas.m3u8
Thanks Liz, I already tried that. That should be the new address just as the new deer and seal links but it does not work yet. The technos (whoever they are) have to make it work.
viewtopic.php?p=502977#p502977
UlrikaS

Post by UlrikaS »

ame wrote:13:49 eagle voices near the nest. :loveshower:
two eagles, sounded like a female and a male
i have to go... :wave:
HELLO!
I heard them! :loveshower: I woted tvise! (tank's Jo UK & lianaliesma!)

I wondering; is it still possible for Urmas & co to go up in the tree and build a plattform? Or will it disturbe our "family"? Or what is the plan?

I'm so happy and thankful for the opurtunity to partake in this forum. Its so exiting and rewarding. Ewen when we only hear them in a far distanse, as in november! :headroll:
From Sweden:
A Merry Chrismas and Happy Holiday to all!

Love to learn from mother Nature.
ame

Post by ame »

Dec 18

no camera...

UlrikaS :hi:
i have heard from Urmas that they will go to the forest one of these days to check what the situation there is. after that they can make more plans.

to me it seems rather clear that the eagles will not have their nest in the camera tree this season. they should have started nest building by now. the Latvian nest is practically ready for eggs already now, only hay is missing. here there has happened nothing. on the other hand, we heard eagles singing a few days ago. this is encouraging: they are still somewhere around. i think that Urmas and Renno will try to find where they have started to build their nest.

also the camera clearly needs some maintenance. some water leaked inside the camera shielding last summer and that still remains inside there, creating fog or frost on the window, depending on the temperature.
berns

Post by berns »

thank You for accepting me in Your big international family. I have formed the opinion that our eagles somewhere nearby, they build a new nest. Eagles are very smart birds. and they probably never will return to the old place the nest.
ame

Post by ame »

Dec 19

still no camera.... it's not on the Pontu.eenet.ee page either. probably it is turned off completely.
UlrikaS

Post by UlrikaS »

ame wrote:Dec 18

no camera...

UlrikaS :hi:
i have heard from Urmas that they will go to the forest one of these days to check what the situation there is. after that they can make more plans.

to me it seems rather clear that the eagles will not have their nest in the camera tree this season. they should have started nest building by now. the Latvian nest is practically ready for eggs already now, only hay is missing. here there has happened nothing. on the other hand, we heard eagles singing a few days ago. this is encouraging: they are still somewhere around. i think that Urmas and Renno will try to find where they have started to build their nest.

also the camera clearly needs some maintenance. some water leaked inside the camera shielding last summer and that still remains inside there, creating fog or frost on the window, depending on the temperature.

Thank you Ame!
I thougt so. Weiting for them to tell us more then.

Love to learn from mother Nature.
Biker

Post by Biker »

*Please don't feed the trolls!*
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Biker wooow :headroll: what a nice surprise :laugh:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

December 27

the cam works :laugh:

:shake:

13:45
Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

DECEMBER 28th

10:38 It's working! But there is no nest :cry:

I tried before - nothing.

http://www.eenet.ee/EENet/merikotkas.html
ame

Post by ame »

good morning!
what a nice surprise, sunny weather and all! :D - but the picture is the misty same as it was. :slap:
i hear tits twittering: great tits, willow tits and crested tits. also a bullfinch voice can be heard.

this address works with VLC and Potplayer:
rtmp://193.40.133.138/live/merikotkas

hmmm...? the stream tends to stop on my player from time to time. :bash:
the camera will not run for even 2 min in one stretch. :slap:
lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

Unbelievable! :slap: I cannot comprehend not to see Anna and Uhu :cry:
We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings dominate nature, before they have learned to control themselves. -Albert Schweitzer
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the so-called "lower animals" versus the traits and dispositions of man. The result humiliates me. - Mark Twain
ame

Post by ame »

Jan 2

hello new year 2017! :hi:
the camera is working but we still haven't received information about new camera season. i think that it's best to continue with the old topic so far. i'll start a new topic for a new season if and when we hear news...
Gew Gaw

Post by Gew Gaw »

Happy New Year! :shake: I still believe that we'll be watching our favourite pair this season! :loveshower:
ame

Post by ame »

about 13:20 a lot of twittering of crested and willow tits. none of them can be seen. the camera window is also so misty. :slap:
the many sounds and voices started already 13:07. first there were some footsteps on the forest floor. they were so busy (short legs) that i guess it was a boar. then the flock of little birds came making a lot of voices. besides tits there was a nuthatch. a group of mute swans flew by with whistling wings. the waters out there are not frozen yet.
ame

Post by ame »

13:40 i think i hear a black grouse singing very far, so far i'm not sure about it... :puzzled:
some crows were calling closer but also they weren't near.
ame

Post by ame »

14:06 i think i heard an eagle calling short somewhere very far... a female's voice? or was it an eagle at all? :puzzled:

14:23 the stream stopped. maybe empty battery?
maagg

Post by maagg »

Happy New Year!
The best new year's gift is to hear the WTE calling :loveshower:

I was wondering if the camera will work correctly it will stay in the same place and we could only hear the sounds of eagles? But if the eagles are building new nest somewhere nearby is there a chance that the camera will be moved there or it's too late for such confusion? :puzzled:
ame

Post by ame »

Jan 3

no camera so far.

maagg, yesterday i asked Urmas about the same things. he replied that they haven't been able to go to the forest so far because the terrain has been too wet. the nest is located in an area where the ground is wet (most of the year) and the nearest road is several kilometers away. they have to wait till the ground freezes (or in the summertime the ground dries up when it hasn't rained for a longer while). they'll need to transport 2 batteries there, each weighing about 40 kg. for that they will need some kind of vehicle, an ATV (All Terrain Vehicle) or a snowscooter or something else. after all they are not supermen, only almost. :mrgreen:

he also wrote that he expects that soon the conditions will be better for this trip. about the rest he does not know more than that the camera needs fixing. no-one has any idea where the eagles are now. he even guessed that the voices which we have heard here were possibly some other eagles than Anna or Uku. that is of course quite possible. (i wasn't even sure if the voice yesterday was an eagle at all.)
we only know that the tree where the camera is placed is inhabited. the eagles are not there. so far only the eagles know what their plans are. :laugh:

i made two pictures of the weather forecast for Haapsalu which is the closest big city.
https://www.yr.no/place/Estonia/L%C3%A4 ... /Haapsalu/
cold freezing weather is promised. :2thumbsup:

Thurday is expected to be even colder.

Return to “White-tailed Eagles Camera Forum”