Estonian white-tailed sea eagle nest camera 2018

Webcam Watching over White-tailed Eagles nest

Moderator: ame

Timea

Re: Estonian white-tailed sea eagle nest camera 2018

Post by Timea »

14.14:

The "plant" fell through, the fish is still here in Suvi's right talon, but Eaglet is screaming and screaming. Don't know what's wrong.

Suvi gives up, moving to the branch at the back of the nest, left side.

At least, this calms down the Eaglet.
Hellem

Post by Hellem »

14:17 Suvi left the fish and jumped to the left branch, no feeding :unsure:

14:22 Both are standing in silence
sova

Post by sova »

13:19
What's wrong ... does Suvi think the little boy can eat alone? I do not believe that.

The little one did not get much to eat today :unsure:
Timea

Post by Timea »

14.29:

The "plant" Suvi brought. Is it a Plantain?
Konrad

Post by Konrad »

The eaglet’s life has become problematic as Suvi does not let Sulev feed and refuses to do it herself. :shock:
Even the bedroom was spoiled, when Suvi dropped a stick to the middle of the bed.
The remaining part of the fish is of good size, but it is in a position, from where it easily falls down when moved...
Timea

Post by Timea »

14.50:

Eaglet exercising, you can see and hear it's becoming more powerful.

Sosna

Post by Sosna »

Ame, please, Mrs. Urmas, e-mail. Thank you for your kindness
rado

Post by rado »

Sosna wrote: June 13th, 2018, 3:04 pm Ame, please, Mrs. Urmas, e-mail. Thank you for your kindness
You will be able to find it on the "Contact" page of the Eagle Club: http://www.kotkas.ee/contact/
renno

Post by renno »

Dear all,

we will follow the situation in the nest and ready to react if it is inevitable. Nest condition is not goot at all because most of the branches in the nest have been falled down during the last weeks. The nest lean on only one bigger branch of the pine tree and it is now visible from the cam. Additional supports were installed by Urmas in February and these are the last stronghold to keep the nest remains. Hopefully the eaglet manage to stay on the nest remains and find minimal "floor" to grow up.

I will go there only the case if the joungster fall down but hopefully it will never happen. There are also several pine branches below the nest. To build up the nest it will cause long 2-3 hours disturbance of Suvi and Sulev (15-20 hrs without food for the eaglet) and therefore we are not rushing there to support the nest.

Chick is feeded sufficiently by the adults and will make more voices when growing up. Also, there is very good feeding area with plenty of fish and Sulev is good fisherman as we can see.

Fingers grossed!
Renno
sova

Post by sova »

renno wrote: June 13th, 2018, 3:41 pm I will go there only the case if the joungster fall down but hopefully it will never happen.
Thank you Renno for the explanation and your time :2thumbsup:
ame

Post by ame »

thank you Renno for your comments! :wave:
Crissy

Post by Crissy »

Hello Everyone :hi: I´ve been watching the journey of this eagle girl for some time now and have to say, she`s such a brave creature and has really (including the parents) touched my heart :loveshower:
sova

Post by sova »

15:48
What do the two see? ... fish are not sure to fly around.

janedoe

Post by janedoe »

Oh, she has been growing so much these couple of days. I'm so sure she'll be fine. She's strong and looks very healthy and ready to the world. No needs to panic or be hysterical :whistling:
Liekki

Post by Liekki »

Thank You Renno for information and God bless You.
Hellem

Post by Hellem »

15:54 Wing exercises :D
sova

Post by sova »

Hellem wrote: June 13th, 2018, 3:55 pm 15:54 Wing exercises :D
sova

Post by sova »

Timea wrote: June 13th, 2018, 2:30 pm 14.29:
The "plant" Suvi brought. Is it a Plantain?
http://i66.tinypic.com/24gkmtz.jpg
http://i63.tinypic.com/jidk76.jpg
Timea :hi: ... I have no idea :blush:
Antje

Post by Antje »

She is sitting on the big branch for almost an hour now.. strong girl! :mrgreen:
Larsa

Post by Larsa »

renno wrote: June 13th, 2018, 3:41 pm Dear all,

we will follow the situation in the nest and ready to react if it is inevitable. Nest condition is not goot at all because most of the branches in the nest have been falled down during the last weeks. The nest lean on only one bigger branch of the pine tree and it is now visible from the cam. Additional supports were installed by Urmas in February and these are the last stronghold to keep the nest remains. Hopefully the eaglet manage to stay on the nest remains and find minimal "floor" to grow up.

I will go there only the case if the joungster fall down but hopefully it will never happen. There are also several pine branches below the nest. To build up the nest it will cause long 2-3 hours disturbance of Suvi and Sulev (15-20 hrs without food for the eaglet) and therefore we are not rushing there to support the nest.

Chick is feeded sufficiently by the adults and will make more voices when growing up. Also, there is very good feeding area with plenty of fish and Sulev is good fisherman as we can see.

Fingers grossed!
Renno
Many thanks :2thumbsup: I believe we all agreed that there is no alarm situation in this nest for now. The Girl is well fed and she is more and more can rest on her legs. We are not in position to make whatever we want and interrupt this creatures life while it is not really necessary.

Return to “White-tailed Eagles Camera Forum”