Latvian WtE nest webcamera Juras-erglis Durbe 2018

White-tailed eagles in Latvia

Moderator: Moderators

ame

Re: Latvian WtE nest webcamera Juras-erglis Durbe 2018

Post by ame »

13:10:40 an eagle called in the forest not very near. it sounded like a male.
with bigger volume (louder sound) i heard also a female voice.
https://youtu.be/cGNuGRJZQ9E

13:13:50 two eagles sang in the forest.
https://youtu.be/8s3wclbRgq0

they felt that they needed to declare that this forest is theirs. 8-)
ame

Post by ame »

Liz01 wrote: November 4th, 2018, 7:18 am ... I saw this. Is it the moon? :puzzled:
i think this had to be the Moon. it is was a rather thin crescent. the times in these pictures are UTC times. local time is 2 hours more.

tomorrow morning the Moon will be even thinner. it took me a while before i found it.
so this picture below shows the sky at 5:30 local time.
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

Adventures of the timid but persuasive guest.
Stamps from above and at 10:02:31 departs.
https://youtu.be/WtofpRq1rKg
At 10:03:25 departs from a fir-tree on the right and arrives in a nest.
(don't ask why I have pressed the "stop" button Image and 2 videos instead of one have turned out).
https://youtu.be/ycEpKr7Yseg
Life off-screen:
Voices in 10:14
https://youtu.be/ccIjwwpKyOY
Voices in 11:05
https://youtu.be/MCLEsZe42do
Voices in 11:19
https://youtu.be/mtiBBWFDB-4
Voices in 11:21
https://youtu.be/eKN8cd-TVgs
Voices from above in 11:29
https://youtu.be/E540YVBmlJ4
Sounds from above, cones from above, flying away from above in 11:53

Voices in 13:10, in 13:13
https://youtu.be/DrlyrSTP6Vk

Life in a shot:
11:59 - 12:29
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

We will cease to see these branches again soon.

By the way, today I made entries with Liz01 settings. Somebody has noticed a difference?
I hadn't liked artifacts from sunshine. I will write down in the MKV-format again.

And still by the way, yesterday's video at last was processed.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

ame wrote: November 4th, 2018, 5:50 pm i think this had to be the Moon. it is was a rather thin crescent. the times in these pictures are UTC times. local time is 2 hours more.

tomorrow morning the Moon will be even thinner. it took me a while before i found it.
so this picture below shows the sky at 5:30 local time.
https://up.picr.de/34254846st.jpg

Thanks for explanation, ame. :2thumbsup:
For me it looked like full moon. I thought it was just full moon and now full moon again. :slap: OK It is not! :laugh:
ame

Post by ame »

Nov 5

good morning!
light is coming and also colours begin to come out of the grey landscape. the new parents' oak begins to look yellow instead of being a grey ghost in the dark.
Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

Good Morning !

07:58 Swans are flying to their "working place" :laugh:

08:23 Again...
ame

Post by ame »

the eagles seem to stay away today. so there is time to return to this old discussion. i'll leave the pictures here, too, because they are so far away. i have cut here Sonchik's post in several pieces and comment each piece separately. i hope it will be clearer that way.
Sonchik wrote: November 3rd, 2018, 2:58 pm Why you have so solved? Here your video also as much as possible is 1080p.
On mine greatest possible 720p as I also watched it on YouTube, during record from the screen.
i try to record screen with 1080 px-resolution whenever that is possible. it must be HD, otherwise the picture is 'misty'. - the resolution of the stream on Youtube does not, of course, effect the resolution of Potplayer recording.
Sonchik wrote: November 3rd, 2018, 2:58 pmI tried different formats and now I use the MKV-format too. The best quality turns out. I have such settings:
i think we have the same settings, except the bitrate. i use 2000 KBytes per second and you seem to have 4000. i once tried a higher bitrate but i didn't notice any improvement in the quality. the files became bigger if i remember right.
Sonchik wrote: November 3rd, 2018, 2:58 pmFor capture of the screen I use PotPlayer too. On the same settings that I have shown and in the MKV-format it is natural.
I am afraid that my computer won't endure one more program. Image
is it possible to record screen with Potplayer?? :slap:
i didn't know that. i must try to learn how. i don't like aTubecatcher. with aTubecatcher i can't do anything else at the same time. it is so stressful!
Sonchik wrote: November 3rd, 2018, 2:58 pmThe problem is that as soon as I include record of the screen, YouTube begins to twist a scrolling wheel - there isn't enough computer power. It is necessary to reduce quality of viewing. As soon as I switch off record, YouTube begins to show well.
it's the same problem here. :slap:
i have to choose to record live stream or screen record. my pc cannot usually do both at the same time. the stream becomes stop & go on both the live and delayed streams.
if i can't wait (or am too impatient to wait) to record delayed stream later then i ask husband to record live stream with his computer while i record delayed stream with mine.
Sonchik wrote: November 3rd, 2018, 2:58 pmNow I have to you a question. :laugh:
I still wrote video without soundtrack. And when there was a sound, it has become clear that YouTube spoils a sound. I can't catch what I hear on the computer in record on YouTube.
What format of audio it is better to use? Only not the FLAC, it is too heavy.
this i didn't quite understand. Youtube spoils the sound, in what way? :puzzled:
i haven't chosen any special audio format. i use the default, what is given in each application.

are you recording sound with the microphone? then the sound will become bad. it will record all the sounds in the room, tapping on the keyboard, squeaking of the chair, TV or radio in the background, your sneezes, everything. :D

with aTubecatcher i must choose to record sound with Realtek's stereo mix audio device as sound recorder. i also have to turn off all other sources of sounds.
ame

Post by ame »

Sonchik wrote: November 4th, 2018, 6:37 pm ... By the way, today I made entries with Liz01 settings. Somebody has noticed a difference?
I hadn't liked artifacts from sunshine. I will write down in the MKV-format again.
Liz settings? what are those? :puzzled:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

welcome in the help thread :rotf:

ame, I've found Potplayer settings..
I think you can also do screen capturing. That's new for me :dunno: (I have to read ... I see only the pictures at the moment)
I'm afraid that the whole screen is meant. Not just a detail :puzzled:

EDIT.. you can fix a area

You can find all settings here:
https://www.google.de/search?q=Potplaye ... -K2k3hGu-M:
ame wrote: November 5th, 2018, 10:40 am Liz settings? what are those? :puzzled:
My settings are the same as your's

here you can read, how to use Potplayer for screen recorder:
https://www.journeybytes.com/2018/01/ho ... rding.html
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

11:23 Big wing flapping nearby. I heard it for the second time in a very short time. Could have been an eagle. :shake:

It was a Raven (eagle raven - a very new species) :mrgreen:
ame

Post by ame »

11:22:35 a bird flew by in the upper left corner.
11:23:16 a raven flew by. the first bird was probably a raven, too. came to see what is going on here. that is nothing much today. :sleeping:
yes, it was a raven on both occasions.

edit: i found out how to resize the picture area, but i haven't found out yet how to record.
i'll look at the instructions that you found, Liz.
edit again: it seems that i have made some recordings after all. now i'll have to find out how i made them. :mrgreen:
... and what they are like. :dunno:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

ame wrote: November 5th, 2018, 11:25 am ...........
edit: i found out how to resize the picture area, but i haven't found out yet how to record.
i'll look at the instructions that you found, Liz.
Ame, I think it's to use like all screen recorders. You will not be able to do anything else when the recorder is running.

you can find the settings here:
https://www.journeybytes.com/2018/01/ho ... rding.html
ame

Post by ame »

i have learned so far that sounds are recorded from both the screen and the live recording if i have both on at the same time. i haven't tried yet if turning off the sound from live recording helps. it probably will. the sound will be recorded anyway in the live recording like with aTubecatcher.

the advantage in using P-player would be that it can record in MKV. that makes a huge difference in file size. the factor of reduction is about 10. :2thumbsup:

edit: the size difference was not quite as drastic as with factor 10. it was close to ratio of 1 to 2.
see below.
ame

Post by ame »

yes, the delayed recording with Potplayer seems to happen more or less in the same way as recording live stream with P-player. the important thing to remember is to mute the sounds of all other sources of sound on the computer if they are running at the same time, for example the live recording if that is running, too.

the selection of the area to be recorded is about the same as with the aTubecatcher.
Liz01 wrote: November 5th, 2018, 11:09 am welcome in the help thread :rotf: ...
it's something to keep us awake today. :mrgreen:

edit: i copied this off-topic discussion to the topic where it belongs:
https://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/vie ... 34#p621134
i'll leave these notes here, too. :D
ame

Post by ame »

13:01 a coal tit, a nuthatch and a great tit visited the nest. :D
on the left the coal tit and in the middle of the nest the nuthatch.

ame

Post by ame »

13:03 a blue tit. :laugh:

in the beginning of each video there's some rubbish which i could not trim away. :slap:
ame

Post by ame »

i made a comparison of the two screen recording programs. on the left side is Potpalyer and on the right side aTubecatcher.
the difference in file sizes is not as drastic as i remembered but anyway: Potpalyer makes smaller files in MKV-format than aTubecatcher in WMV-format.
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

Good morning all!
ame wrote: November 5th, 2018, 10:38 am i try to record screen with 1080 px-resolution whenever that is possible. it must be HD, otherwise the picture is 'misty'. - the resolution of the stream on Youtube does not, of course, effect the resolution of Potplayer recording.
Perhaps, I haven't understood your words. You wrote:
ame wrote: November 3rd, 2018, 10:30 am the Y-tube compresses videos when they are uploaded.... i make recording in full size 1020 px in MKV-format. they are compressed to 720 pxwhich is still High Definition.
That is, your records were squeezed by YouTube. I have shown that your record has permission of 1080p. I have shown the my record for an example that YouTube shows only options for this record but not all possible options.
i think we have the same settings, except the bitrate. i use 2000 KBytes per second and you seem to have 4000. i once tried a higher bitrate but i didn't notice any improvement in the quality. the files became bigger if i remember right.
I have noticed a difference on YouTube. With big bitrate more accurate image.
it's the same problem here. :slap:
i have to choose to record live stream or screen record. my pc cannot usually do both at the same time. the stream becomes stop & go on both the live and delayed streams.
if i can't wait (or am too impatient to wait) to record delayed stream later then i ask husband to record live stream with his computer while i record delayed stream with mine.
I can write down both record of the screen and a stream. But to the computer it is heavy, better separately.
When I include record of the screen, then YouTube stops (almost). Therefore record is impossible qualitatively or in general it is impossible. Therefore I prefer to write down a direct stream.
When there was no sound, I just disconnected audio a path.
Then it is possible to include any sounds on the computer. :headroll:
Now just I remove a sound of other sources, it doesn't stir record of stream video, all the same the sound will register.
this i didn't quite understand. Youtube spoils the sound, in what way? :puzzled:
i haven't chosen any special audio format. i use the default, what is given in each application.
When I watch the records on the computer, I hear a sound from a set of details. When I load this video on YouTube, I can't catch a part of sounds as though they are blocked by hindrances.
Now I write down a sound with the maximum frequency, on the advice of Liz01. It is visible from a screenshot above.
ame wrote: November 5th, 2018, 10:40 am Liz settings? what are those? :puzzled:
In this message Lise gave the settings. Originally the screenshot contained also setting up video. Then Liz01 cut off them, but I have managed to use. Image
I love experiments. :mrgreen:
ame

Post by ame »

Sonchik wrote: November 5th, 2018, 2:43 pm That is, your records were squeezed by YouTube. I have shown that your record has permission of 1080p. I have shown the my record for an example that YouTube shows only options for this record but not all possible options.
no, i think i didn't understand you first. i did not understand that you were talking about recording from screen. then it is necessary to have maximum resolution, i.e. 1080 px.
i meant that the videos recorded in this size will be compressed to smaller size in the Youtube. i noticed this when i had to record one of my videos back from the Youtube. i had lost the original from my computer. the video which i got was smaller than the original was.
Sonchik wrote: November 5th, 2018, 2:43 pmI have noticed a difference on YouTube. With big bitrate more accurate image.
aha, that makes sense. i have only tried to see the difference on my computer in screenshots if i remember right. that was when i identified the dating eagles.
how much better is the quality with bigger bitrate? is it worth the bigger size?
Sonchik wrote: November 5th, 2018, 2:43 pm ...I love experiments. :mrgreen:
i hate having to learn new tricks when i need things to work right now and at once! presto! :mrgreen:

Return to “White-tailed Eagles”