Black Stork Tracks

Migration Maps, Tõnn, Greater Spotted Eagle and Black Storks
Solo

Re: Black Stork Tracks

Post by Solo »

sova wrote: November 20th, 2018, 12:37 pmNo problem Solo and Liz. You can return to * Karl's family * forum. I do not do weather report anymore. :wave:
Sova, for Anne, Michi and others it is desirable and valued :2thumbsup:
(weather reporting was only one reason, not only reason - pls, don't be cross with me)
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

sova wrote: November 20th, 2018, 12:37 pm No problem Solo and Liz
You can return to * Karl's family * forum. I do not do weather report anymore.
:wave:
Dear Sova, your weather data are not the reason, why I'm not writing in Karl's thread. I'm sorry if that's how you understood it. :bow:

I only confirmed that, what Solo has written. The daily weather data in connection with the migration are not useful for me. Just for me!
One reason why I do not consider this data are usefulI I have in Berlin, as example. The weather report tells me that it is sunny and dry! I look out the window .. it is raining! :slap: :mrgreen:
We all use free apps for the current weather. How unreliable can it be to use free apps?

Sova, PM to you!
Solo

Post by Solo »

news about the Eldest storklet - LODKA (PL, streamed Dab nest - 2018) - still in HU :puzzled:
https://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/vie ... 56#p622556
Anne7

Post by Anne7 »

Solo wrote: November 20th, 2018, 11:57 am :hi: Sova,
I'm sorry, but pls, no here the weather :bow:
it is reason why I leave from Karls family thread - in my opinion they are too much and too big pics about weather and who can explain the storks behaviour and the weather situation day by day ...
Liz01 wrote: November 20th, 2018, 12:15 pm By Solo: ... who can explain the storks behaviour and the weather situation day by day
By Liz: I think so too.
Solo wrote: November 20th, 2018, 12:44 pm ... weather reporting was only one reason, not only reason - pls, don't be cross with me...
Liz01 wrote: November 20th, 2018, 2:02 pm Dear Sova, your weather data are not the reason, why I'm not writing in Karl's thread. I'm sorry if that's how you understood it.
Hello, Solo and Liz. :wave:

Solo, what I find confusing about your posts is that, at first, Sova’s “weather data" are the cause that you no longer post on the "Karl's family" topic.
Later on, it suddenly appears that this is no longer the (only) reason.

Solo and Liz, will those other reasons remain an eternal mystery? :puzzled:
Sorry, but I think this is an unfortunate way to create wariness and unnecessary mystery between members.
If you have something to say, please speak freely.
Or, if, for whatever reason, you do not wish to speak freely, then please send a PM to the people involved.
This kind of public, but vague claim only causes suspicion and confusion.

Solo, I was already wondering why you are making updates here about Karl (and his area).
In this way, Karl’s migration is discussed in two places. Surely, Karl belongs in “Karl’s family".
And the “Karl's family" topic is open to everyone, isn't it?
So, please, Solo, remember that you are of course very welcome to write your excellent updates there.

And you too, Liz, you are of course very welcome!
I really have been looking forward to your contributions on the "Karl's family" topic. :nod:
“Clearly, animals know more than we think, and think a great deal more than we know.”
— Irene Pepperberg
Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

Liz,

Can you check with one of your friends if there is a way to check on Eedi?

It's too long since we had his news. About 5 weeks :slap:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Abigyl wrote: November 21st, 2018, 12:47 am Liz,

Can you check with one of your friends if there is a way to check on Eedi?

It's too long since we had his news. About 5 weeks :slap:
Abigyl,
That's what Urmas can do. He knows the local people.Maybe there is an ornithologist who is in collaboration Urmas? I hope it much. Would be the same as with our Raivis.
I think he will do it if he is worried about Eedi. :bow:
Solo

Post by Solo »

November 23
Good morning Liz and all :hi:

KARL
another 2 (older) photos - F2 and F3 - from his first wintering place (wider area) ... (F1a, b - Miri Lake/reservoir)

in red circle these two you know

(photo uploaded not taken at that date)

(from my archiv - panoramio is now closed)
Solo

Post by Solo »

and newer one and little nearer to Karl's first wintering area
(posted also by Liz https://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/vie ... 46#p554146)

now panoramio photos are still on alltravels (and or mapsight)
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Good Morning Solo and all :hi:

I was looking for ways in which Eedi might stay. I found a map in a study. On the right side you can see that there is also a path over the Yemen. That would be a possibility and would explain why we have no new data. I have not checked the GSM coverage.
What do you think, Solo?
Solo

Post by Solo »

Liz01 wrote: November 23rd, 2018, 8:40 am ... I was looking for ways in which Eedi might stay. I found a map in a study. ...
interesting infos, thank you Liz :2thumbsup: (btw. it seems our Woodek - BIAŁY / WHITE is on the way to his wintering area from previous year, but now from east - also this path is on that map :headroll: )

I think Eedi is still in SA, the GSM coverage is not the best (also in 2017 there were days withou data, but not so long)
in the area (Khamis Mushait - Tendha Dam) they are 3 provider (maybe):

i read that only Yemen Mobile has 3G internet speeds, but coverage map: "Sorry... This page doesn't exist." :bow:
Solo

Post by Solo »

GREECE - danger also for BS :cry:
young BS from Poland with transmitter (and ring) injured after shoot - more here https://bit.ly/2zq3Kn1

last localisation on map is in Messsalonghi - maybe by VET

http://ptaki-silesiana.pl/28/monitoring-lotow-v20.html#! - 11 BS with transmitter :unsure:
Solo

Post by Solo »

and another one (from that map) - stork is still missed as our Päike :bow:

feeding (?) early morning left/west side, at 6:00 left this area and the last known localisation 29.10. at 8:00 (right/east end)
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Liz01 wrote: November 21st, 2018, 8:37 am Abigyl,
That's what Urmas can do. He knows the local people.Maybe there is an ornithologist who is in collaboration Urmas? I hope it much. Would be the same as with our Raivis.
I think he will do it if he is worried about Eedi. :bow:
Urmas says everything is fine. He cannot add anything more as there is no further data, than what is already public.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

November 24

Good Morning Solo, Jo and all :hi:
Jo UK wrote: November 23rd, 2018, 11:01 pm Urmas says everything is fine. He cannot add anything more as there is no further data, than what is already public.
Thanks Jo! :2thumbsup:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Solo wrote: November 23rd, 2018, 9:49 pm GREECE - danger also for BS :cry:
young BS from Poland with transmitter (and ring) injured after shoot - more here https://bit.ly/2zq3Kn1
:cry: Solo, thank you for the information. I hope, that cute Storklet will recover from this bad incident. And I hope also, that the closeness to people is not too much stress for it :bow: :bow:
Solo

Post by Solo »

Liz01 wrote: November 24th, 2018, 7:24 am ...
EEDI - GSM coverage from this link http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/ove ... e-map.html

I hope, he is till O.K. and that big pause is only coverage problem or transmitter :bow:
Jo wrote: "Urmas says everything is fine. He cannot add anything more as there is no further data, than what is already public."
(They aren't new data - but everything is fine :puzzled: ... so i will be also optimistic now :faint: )
Solo

Post by Solo »

Czech Republic (CZ)
Solo wrote: August 29th, 2018, 10:52 am ... 4 young BS (2 female named Zuzka and Marcela, 2 male named Martin and Radim) from Rescue Station (=RS) Bartošovice (handicaped parents) ...
FB news (RS) Nov. 9 https://bit.ly/2FEhsIC (also map)
- 2 female:
both are missed :cry: (both send last data from Poland - visit without "answer")
- 2 male:
both were long time in HU, to RO they flew not more together
1/ Radim send data last on Sept. 19 (RO) :cry:
2/Martin :loveshower: I saw this photo and I had very intense feeling - that is young stork Martin
foto by Akif Aykurt, taken 27.10.2018, between Dörtdivan and Yeniçağa in Bolu, Turkey (source: https://bit.ly/2DEM3mD)

Solo

Post by Solo »

I wrote to "my" expert who tagged also these storks (on nest in Rescue Station) and .... yes, this is Martin :D and I had also additional infos from him - here you are:
- this stork was in that area from 25.10. to 11.11.
- the map (moving in that area)

Martin (Aug. - first week)
https://bit.ly/2RbHUL1

both male,Martin and Radim, visited the RS (Aug. - last week)
https://bit.ly/2DI3GBZ
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

November 25

Good Morning Solo and all :hi:
Solo wrote: November 24th, 2018, 6:34 pm EEDI - GSM coverage from this link..........
Thank you for the map! I'm worry about our Eedi. That's why I keep thinking about where he might be. I also try to think positively. Maybe he'll surprise us and we'll soon see Eedi on the map again?

Solo, the pictures from the storklets are great :loveshower: I could never see enough pictures of our beloved BS :innocent:
Thanks a lot for Sharing. These are Makov Storklets, right?!
Solo

Post by Solo »

Good morning Liz and all :hi:
Liz01 wrote: November 25th, 2018, 6:43 am ... These are Makov Storklets, right?!
no:
Solo wrote: August 29th, 2018, 10:52 am ... 4 young BS (2 female named Zuzka and Marcela, 2 male named Martin and Radim) from Rescue Station (=RS) Bartošovice (handicaped parents) ...
(Bartošovice are as Makov in Czechia)

in RS Makov they had 2 little black storklets in 2017 - one perished first autumn in Ethiopia (electrocuted) - his story here (nothing bad, photos about this 2 storklets and from the area): (that album saw 437 people) https://www.rajce.net/a14741348

Return to “Migration Maps and News”