Webcams that are not directly sponsored by Looduskalender
ame

Re: Jaanioja Webcam

Post by ame »

they went on munching at 21.15:

ame

Post by ame »

.... and further on at 21.25:
at about 21.50 they ran away for some reason and since then they have been away.
since then there's only been the heavy rain drumming on the camera shield.
ame

Post by ame »

March 29th: Good morning!
food has been brought and there are three deer eating... a crow is cowing and another responding. great tits and yellowhammers singing, not just chirping, a crested tit warning.
i've have to put the headphones on to be sure that the voices come from here and not from behind my window. i think there's a green finch, too, yes and a chaffinch and a wood pigeon started singing. a lot of birds' voices here. :laugh:
ame

Post by ame »

the deer stayed rather long in the morning and then there were birds.here are two picture from the morning. at 8.09:

at 8.26:

later in the morning and now, too, there is a sound of a machine of some sort going in the background. i reminds me of a circular saw. sawing fireewood is a job for this season, so it could well be a circular saw.

the noise will probably keep the deer away, but it doesn't seem to bother the little birds. i hear great tits and blue tits and i saw some little birds on the ground. a lot of snow has melted since yesterday. the rain was hard last night. :nod:
ame

Post by ame »

now the machine noise has stopped (good). there is a green finch singing but it rather lazy: only few verses and then contact calls. and now a crow.
... and then tits.
ame

Post by ame »

the machine noise has been off quite some time already. there were two or thre crows there first and then some jays.
just as i started writing two beautiful deer sisters arrived (i tend to think about them as sisters :rolleyes: , because there are quite often two together the third usually comes a little later.. maybe it's acousin of the first two. :D ). -plus there is a female blackbird picking the grain.
ame

Post by ame »

there's no-one in sight and it's raining hard. it's making a loud crickety-crickety-sound on the camera shield. at 17.28 a deer and a crow in the ground:
ame

Post by ame »

now the rain suddenly stopped: heavenly silence! :D
the deer is still there and blackbirds are beeping and arunning around in the bushes... 8-) there are some tit calls, too.
ame

Post by ame »

now there were a female deer and a buck there! :loveshower:

now they are walking away in the background quite peacefully. tits are warning and a green finch is singing.
ame

Post by ame »

the buck and the female returned for a while.
the buck seemed to push to female away from his way in a bit aggressive way, just like once in siga1-ground. what's the matter of these bucks? why aren't they gentlemen? :puzzled:
the furry antlers are cute. :rolleyes:
ame

Post by ame »

at 19.51 there were still two deer eating in the ground:
... and at 20.10 the piggies had arrived:
at 20.16 the lights had turned on. there must be an automatic switch or timer here, too, and not like i thought first that someone had to come to turn on the lights.
:puzzled: these piggies need new poses, too, not just the deer. :mrgreen:
ame

Post by ame »

the munching went on steadily and peacefully at 20.19
the grains were poured on to the ground in two straight lines: one right in front of the camera from one side to the other and the second in the back of the 'stage'. this is at 20.21
the piggies divided themselves into two groups, eating in straight lines, both in the back and in the front. there must have been about 10 pigs altogether. here at 20.45:
ame

Post by ame »

the catS wanted to pop out one more time... the piggies were still munching here at 22.58:
... five minutes later:
there seem to be equal-sized not-so-big piggies around. there used to be at least one really big boar around... could it have been a big sow who is in the maternity ward at the moment...? :puzzled: in that case it might be possible to see piggies here within a week or so. :peek:
ame

Post by ame »

Tuesday, March 30th: good morning!
it's dark and no-one's there except blackbirds are qweeking to each other.
alice44

Post by alice44 »

I watched the pigs for awhile today/last night -- they continued to munch for at least an hour I think.

This place would be great for seeing piglets -- I think.
ame

Post by ame »

that's what i've been thinking, too, especially as they switched off siga1-camera. :nod: i figured that the big pigs have been away for some time, and maybe they'll come back with piglets. :rolleyes: we'll see in about a week or so.... i hope this camera is not switched of before that.

the ground is empty now, but there is the sound of the circular saw again. there is a new and fresh 'line' of grain in front of the camera, delivered after early morning. i hear some chirping of little birds, too.
ame

Post by ame »

the Sun is coming out. :headroll:
it's quiet, only some tits are beeping and warning. a blue tit sings... a crested tit warns... and the te-te-tee (ti-ti-tyy in bird-Finnish :mrgreen: ) of a great tit! here we have at least one old-fashioned great tit who sings the the three-syllable song, and not the modern urban two-syllable tee-te..tee-te-song (tyy-ti tyy-ti in bird-Finnish). - and blackbirds warning...
now there's a robin ticking! :loveshower: that's a new spring bird! :headroll:
ame

Post by ame »

it sounds like someone is shoveling something behind the camera...? :puzzled:
a while ago at 16.33 there where two jays picking grain.
no: the shoveler is working in the front left, just out of the view. :nod: i saw something moving there.
ame

Post by ame »

there's a chaffinch singing plus other little birds. a jay and a blackbird are on the ground...
beautiful dusk... :rolleyes:
ame

Post by ame »

food was brought a while ago, 19.05:

Return to “Other Webcams in Estonia”